January 2014 Moms

Pug moms

Or for anyone that has an animal with wrinkles or folds. 

Mia had black crusty crap above her nose outside of her one wrinkle/fold. I used a baby wipe and cleaned it out, but it was gross and smelled. Do you have any suggestions for me?  She has a vet appt in 2 weeks and I'll ask for the anti-yeast meds, but since it is close to her eyes, I don't want anything too bothersome. I cleaned it with a wipe, dried it and then used a Q-tip with triple antibiotic and put it in the fold. I feel bad for her. From what I read, I need to clean her wrinkles daily. That's nuts!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Pug moms

• I had a pug, he's gone now :( but I'd clean his wrinkles with a q tip or face cloth about every 3-4 days. In the summer he'd get the crusty stuff like you described. I think it was because he would sweat more or something. I put some polysporin (ok'd by vet) when it was bad. Love pugs!!! :)
    MiaMyPuggleJroonelove
  • I have a pug but no new suggestions. I clean Spaz's eyes often. I do know you want to get her eyes checked ASAP because you never want to wait especially pug eyes, they can get infected quickly and that can get expensive plus can be dangerous. Hope Mia feels better soon!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    JrooneloveMiaMyPuggle
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree w PP that you should try to get her in sooner, if possible. In the mean time, try and keep the folds dry. Clean daily w just a damp wash cloth with water. Your vet may want to test a bit of the discharge to see whether it's bacterial or fungal (yeast). The treatment for each is different. Bacterial=oral antibiotics and maybe a antibacterial powder. Fungal=topical cream or liquid. If shes really itchy, they may do a short course of oral steriods like prednisone. I would try to avoid triple antibiotics because close to pug eyes and trapping more moisture (Im sure you're familiar w eye issues too). Regardless, it should be a fairly simple treament. Good luck w your puggy! (Im a vet tech, sorry for the rant, it just comes out)
    MiaMyPuggleprecious72381
  • Desitin!!!! We use to use that on my bulldog all the time in his wrinkles.  You need to dry it out there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Jroonelove
  • MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, ladies! I'm in NY for the next week, so I'm away from the vet. I'll call them and see if there's anything I can get at petco in the meantime. I really appreciate it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
    Jroonelove
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"