January 2014 Moms

Best Kid's Birthday Party Ever....

They served homemade hard cider and margaritas. DH drove. Hands down best kid's party ever. I think DD is going to have an eggnog and Frozen themed third birthday party this December.

What does J14 think of serving alcohol at children's parties? Be honest. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

brittanydec2012RedSaffronchicki1012PreDempsey

Re: Best Kid's Birthday Party Ever....

• Absolutely. I wouldn't have guests if I didn't.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I think it depends. I think if you have other kids there and the parents stay its fine. We have strictly no alcohol birthday parties and get togethers when BIL is invited because he is a mean, violent drunk. If he wasn't then I'm sure we would have beer at birthday parties.

I would want to know if I was dropping my child off and the person supposed to be supervising was drinking.
  • Loading the player...
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    @sandfhasse

Almost all the kids parties I attend, parents are invited as well. It is a chance for us adults to socialize. I think that hopefully any responsible parent would not drink if it was a party in which they were responsible for other children. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• ccip82ccip82 member
    Andplusalso

Somebody help me out here....

In my cider-induced state for the life of me I can't figure this out. What is grammatically correct kid's or kids. Seriously, I need to go back to university. 

sibling love  

• km_mdkm_md member
    It depends on the crowd for us. My family almost always has dry parties and holidays. But some other relatives and friends serve alcohol. We probably won't serve alcohol at DDs based on the guest list.

• @ccip82‌ I didn't know. I haven't been to a kids party since I was a kid and rarely did our parents stay.
  • precious72381precious72381 member
    edited July 2014
    ccip82 said:
    Andplusalso

Somebody help me out here....

In my cider-induced state for the life of me I can't figure this out. What is grammatically correct kid's or kids. Seriously, I need to go back to university. 
    @ccip82 - A kid's party or kids' party - I am 99% sure. The party belongs to the kids - it is possessive and plural. But if it is just one kid that had a party then kid's party. The kids drank the special adult punch. That is plural but doesn't show ownership so kids. :)

As far as drinking, I think it depends more on the theme of the party and location. I do not think Chucky Cheese should serve alcohol but a bbq in the backyard with adults is okay. Adults should be able to behave themselves with alcohol but some just don't and you can be held responisbile if they were to leave a party at your house and get into any kind of accident or pulled over (at least here in the US). With that said we are having a bbq next weekend and having adults and children and drinks.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ccip82
  • We just had a three year old's birthday party complete with a Bloody Mary station for the parents.
    brittanydec2012ccip82PreDempsey
  • We just had a three year old's birthday party complete with a Bloody Mary station for the parents.

Um I want to come to this party! I've never been to a kids party with alcohol, but I think I'd like to start a trend in my area!
    growingmybun
  • itsmeally said:

I thought that's the point of kids birthday parties.  An excuse to get the adults together to have some drinks, let the kids burn off energy, and then everyone passes out at home that night.  ;)

This exactly!!!

• We plan to serve alcohol at LO's 1st birthday. Majority of the people attending will be adults, close friends and family. It will be a casual Sunday afternoon. We had drinks with the family after LO's baptism celebration with a supper as well. Our group of friends are very low key and I know no one will be raging drunk by any means, a little cocktail never hurt anyone. :) I plan to have a hot chocolate bar and then some adult mixes to throw in there, as well I'm sure we will have caesars, paralyzers and beer. That's what our crowd mainly likes!
  • We had two parties for DD this weekend. At the friends only party (at 10am also), no alcohol. At the family party (more adults than kids plus it was in the afternoon) yes, we had alcohol.

• I'm with @precious72381‌ completely depends on type of party. Our oldest is DS and he will be 4 next feb, his party will still just be our family and their kids, and a few friends some with some without kids. We hang out play with the kids , eat, social drink but don't get trashed. They are our guest but still responsible for the majority of watching their own kids. When he gets to kindergarten and we actually have school friends over and their parents leave them in our care no booze. Plus as the kids get older they learn what drinking is and I don't want to set a bad example. My parents had a beer or wine cooler around us as kids but didn't get trashed. My sibs and I turned out good so I plan to follow the same course.
    precious72381
  • Hey a party is a party.. Unless like Shug said, it's at 10am.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

[Deleted User]
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    Just to clarify DH and I drink, but never get trashed...Especially in front of our children or other children.

sibling love  

• For me it depends. If it's all friends and family - people I am familiar with (which I'm sure it will be while LO is still small) then absolutely. We always serve alcohol at all our parties. As people have started having more children I find they consume less alcohol anyways so we never worry.

Once LO starts having parties with school friends whose families we don't really know too well then probably not. I don't know who might have issues with drinking and wouldn't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt because of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"