January 2014 Moms

Umbilical cord

I was drying DD after the bath . I had a look at her belly button and believe to have seen some cord leftovers. Like a black bit quite deep inside . I can't get it out with my finger. Does it make sense that it would be umbilical cord bits ? She is nearly 6 month old.

Re: Umbilical cord

• I would try wiping out with a damp q-tip. M had left over tissue, but it was obvious because his belly button was weeping. We had to have his cauterized at 3 months. If there's no discharge, I wouldn't think it's any cause for concern.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Esthi
  • EsthiEsthi member
    blue_elle said:

I would try wiping out with a damp q-tip. M had left over tissue, but it was obvious because his belly button was weeping. We had to have his cauterized at 3 months. If there's no discharge, I wouldn't think it's any cause for concern.

Thanks for your reply . I never had this with any of my other kids
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought this a while back. It was just dirt. Lol. Mom win.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

blue_elleEsthiBabychuu
  • I've seen this in DS too. Like PP said, unless its oozing or looks otherwise infected, I would just try to get out the dirt with a wet q-tip. 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• EsthiEsthi member
    Babychuu said:

I've seen this in DS too. Like PP said, unless its oozing or looks otherwise infected, I would just try to get out the dirt with a wet q-tip. 

I tried .. But it's not moving
  • Esthi said:
    I've seen this in DS too. Like PP said, unless its oozing or looks otherwise infected, I would just try to get out the dirt with a wet q-tip. 

~~~~~~~~~fail~~~~~~~~
    Hm, if you can't get it easily with a q-tip then you might want to leave it and let the pedi know its in there next time to go for a check-up. 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• EsthiEsthi member
    Babychuu said:

Esthi said:

Babychuu said:

~~~~~~~~~fail~~~~~~~~
    Hm, if you can't get it easily with a q-tip then you might want to leave it and let the pedi know its in there next time to go for a check-up. 

yup that's my plan ! Next week we are going to the doc for further injections and I will bring it up at the appointment

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"