December 2014 Moms
Options

Stayin' cool

This week is nearing 100 degrees if not passing it where I am. I am usually a person who enjoys heat but the pregnancy is turning me into a whining girl about it (just like my fiancé...). I wanna know your best prego staying cool methods past or present.

I am not opposed to things like beaching yourself nekkid in front of the fan with an otter pop ...

Re: Stayin' cool

• Options
    agsgrrl said:

This week is nearing 100 degrees if not passing it where I am. I am usually a person who enjoys heat but the pregnancy is turning me into a whining girl about it (just like my fiancé...). I wanna know your best prego staying cool methods past or present.

I am not opposed to things like beaching yourself nekkid in front of the fan with an otter pop ...

Sorry but I could not help but ger a visual from your description.

Test
  • Options
    Water, AC, keeping to the shade, doing errands in the morning.

Test
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

agsgrrl said:

Of who?! And yeah I did too, of myself and it wasn't pretty..
  • Options
    agsgrrl said:

agsgrrl said:

Myself... :/

Test
  • Options
    agsgrrlagsgrrl member
    edited July 2014

agsgrrl said:

agsgrrl said:

Myself... :/
    Your brain is no more creative than mine... Why couldn't we come up with a visual of any of the guys from the hot guy thread? And now it's hot again...
  • Options
    kboyetkboyet member
    edited July 2014
    To stay cool I am laying on my couch with the shades pulled and ceiling fan/ac on. It is miserably hot here today and humid! What part of the country do you live @agsgrrl‌?

EDT: pregnancy brain tagged the wrong person and spelling!
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    Wet wash cloths in the fridge! Plaster them on your belly. Ahhhhh!
  • Options
    Eora3 said:

This is the kind of genius I'm looking for!
  • Options
    I am currently at my desk with a fan tower aimed directly at me and a cold bottle of water in front of me. It is hot as hell today, South Texas is not fun in the summer!

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    Also in miserable South Texas. My boys insist we go outside to play so I have been putting my feet in their pool with a huge cup of ice in the shade. It has helped a little bit.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    agsgrrl said:

Eora3 said:

This is the kind of genius I'm looking for!
    I can't take total credit for this idea. I stayed at a beach resort years ago where the staff would walk down the beach and drop cold wash cloths on the sunbathers. It was awesome!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    kboyetkboyet member
    @gradschoolmom‌ I have one of those fans!! The best. I put ice water in the base lol.
  • Options
    path75path75 member
    At work it gets very hot if the temp outside is above 80 and humid. I work at a potato chip factory and the cookers get everything steamed. I try to stay in my office but need to wander out from time to time to walk the floor for things. Thank god I am not out of my office too much. I don't think I would make it. Water, water, water is what I use to stay cool. We do bring out gaterade for the workers when temps are above 80 but that is really for those in the heat all day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    path75 said:
    At work it gets very hot if the temp outside is above 80 and humid. I work at a potato chip factory and the cookers get everything steamed. I try to stay in my office but need to wander out from time to time to walk the floor for things. Thank god I am not out of my office too much. I don't think I would make it. Water, water, water is what I use to stay cool. We do bring out gaterade for the workers when temps are above 80 but that is really for those in the heat all day. 

You work in a potato chip factory?! That must be where heaven is located! I have a mild addiction to chips.

Like others, I'm drinking tons of water and chomping on ice like it's going out of style.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    We just found a paletaria on our way from a baby consignment so uh yeah i might move in there =P~
  • Options
    I know.. I live in AZ its been 112 already. It really sucks. I can't even go outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"