December 2014 Moms
Options

Hairy tummy problem

Since becoming pregnant I have started getting hair on my tummy... I don't know if its just me, if its normal or if its okay to get my tummy waxed! I'm almost 5 months!

Re: Hairy tummy problem

• Options
    It's not just you! I wouldn't wax mine, but that's just a matter of personal preference...maybe someone else could answer that one better.
  • Options
    Hairy tummies are very normal for pregnant ladies. I say don't sweat it. I suppose you could wax it, but head's up: pregnant women's skin is also more sensitive so waxing is likely going to hurt extra.
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lucedan said:

Since becoming pregnant I have started getting hair on my tummy... I don't know if its just me, if its normal or if its okay to get my tummy waxed! I'm almost 5 months!

What does your OB say about waxing your belly? If not there is always the option to shave the excess hair. Or maybe threading.

Test
  • Options
    I shave mine in the shower :-SS
  • Options
    Be careful waxing or shaving it that mess grows back thicker! :)
  • Options
    Adding.... I've only don't it twice, didn't grow back very fast, and the sun has seemed to keep it lighter (I'm not giving up my two piece)
  • Options

You are joking right? You do know that this is completely not true...I hope...

• Options
    BankerBSN said:

------------
    My mom told me this when I started to shave my legs. If they did get thicker and more hairy with each shaving...I would be totally screwed.

Test
  • Options
    BankerBSN said:
    Sadly true .... at least in my case.
  • Options
    You could just tweeze the worst few if it's not a lot. I've waxed it before, obvi more effective, but then you always run into the issue of where do you stop? Then you have a line of hair/not hair - I've always thought that was awkward.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've also been shaving my arms since I was 15 ( surfer here ) I'm Italian, and the hair still to this day grows back the same (30 now)
    This is my oh-so-sexy arm, haven't shaved it in 3 weeks :)image
  • Options
    Sorry for all the pics of my sexy arm, phone is acting funny
  • Options
    You're lucky @hoping4aUNICORN but everyone's skin/hair is different.
  • Options
    @lionyloo32‌ true... FYI, I'm in love with your avatar!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks @hoping4aUNICORN! Wish I could squish a little bulldog face every day for the rest of the days that there are (thanks JT for that line)
  • Options
    Between my newly fuzzy stomach and flattening belly button, I look like a teddy bear. And I don't care. Cuz I'm pregnant. Fly that flag, lady.

Shaving doesn't make hair grow back thicker, but it cuts the hair, so as it grows back the cut end makes it appear overall more noticeable. Waxing, who knows. I'm uncomfortable enough. Unless I could braid my belly hair, I'm not causing myself undue pain.
    D14 June. Favorite TV Dad(s).image
    12/31/13: BF Proposes
    2/14: First month off OCP, cuz, hey, why not? He put a ring on it.
    3/31/14: POAS: BFP!
    6/21/14: It only looks like a shotgun wedding.
    12/09/14: EDD

Why just plan a wedding when you can plan a baby AND a wedding?
  • Options
    I've always had fuzz on my tummy. (Thanks mom and dad)
    Pregnancy has made it even more noticeable. Same with my arm hair. (Ugh) I just shave it all in the shower.

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    Totally normal! Tweeze the really crazy ones and let it be. I bet it is a whole lot more noticable to you than to anyone else.
  • Options
    Umm as a cosmetology and a pregnant woman with a hairy belly, you can totally wax with no problem. I do. Also it's a complete myth hair comes back thicker, it appears thicker because instead of the fine tip hair normally grows out as shaving creates a blunt edge that looks thicker. As for waxing, continual waxing will kill your follicles eventually making hair less thick.
  • Options
    Ideally regular waxing should actually make less hair grow back over time but not for everybody. Nothing will change the actual diameter of the hairs. A hair naturally tapers off at the end so when you shave it cuts it off at a thicker point, that's why it feels thicker for some.
  • Options
    agsgrrlagsgrrl member
    edited July 2014
    @gmeyer1019‌ cosmetologists to the rescue! :D
  • Options
    Yeah, shaving the happy trail regularly now.
  • Options
    BankerBSN said:

No im not joking lol it literally grew back thicker my first pregnancy it was a nightmare! It may differ from each person but i know i will not be doing it this time... it looked like i was smuggling Chewbacca...
  • Options
    I'm always hairy on my stomach, but it's definitely worse now. I waxed my happy trail the other day and didn't notice that it hurt any more than when I'm not pregnant. :)
  • Options
    kboyetkboyet member
    Yes!! My tummy is getting really hairy. Between me and DH I think I'm going to pop out a mini gorilla!
  • Options
    Mine is definitely hairier but I haven't done much about it because I haven't been wearing a swimsuit at all. I shave the really noticeable hairs and leave the rest alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"