January 2014 Moms

Does sleep really beget sleep?

Do u find that your LO sleeps better at night if they sleep more during the day?

Re: Does sleep really beget sleep?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I find this to be completely true. If LO gets in a couple of good naps (I mean, an hour or more) he sleeps MUCH better at night. If he takes small cat naps, there are several wake ups during the night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not for us. I have a seriously crappy/sporadic napper! He tends to sleep well at night these days.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

kiki1978
  • I have a crappy sleeper and a crappy napper

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MindyBadger1
  • Nope. Crappy napper. Sleeping is hit or miss at night. Last night he only woke up once. The night before he woke up three times.
  • I don't know because we haven't had good sleep.  She naps for about 30 minutes at a time and wakes up 2-6 times per night.  We are on night 3 of sleep training.  I have hope that it will be better! 
  • It totally does for us. If he gets in a good solid nap (1+ hrs) I find he goes down for his next nap better and it's also usually another good solid nap, which then leads to a better nighttime.

On the days when he has short restless naps (like today) going to bed is so much more difficult.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't notice a difference. I have a crappy napper and a decent sleeper. Tonight is a rarity for her to be up for motn feed.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• I wouldn't say "more" sleep begets sleep. I would say that good, restorative sleep begets sleep.
    jwp325
  • I agree with it. Solid naps make for better night sleep here.
  • I wouldn't say "more" sleep begets sleep. I would say that good, restorative sleep begets sleep.

Absolutely this.

DS takes two naps a day. His last nap seems to be the most important one. Usually around 4:30 he will go down for his pre bedtime nap. If it is a shitty nap, bedtime sucks. Ds goes down for the night at 7pm and wakes one time. He's up for the day by 7am

imageimage
    Cooper & Melody.     My Rescues <3

• Somewhat. DD goes to sleep without any problems no matter how well she napped that day but wakes up at least once a night to eat. I do see a correlation between if she eats less during the day then she will wake up to eat more during the night. She's not a great napper though, she only sleeps for 30-45 minutes.
  • km_mdkm_md member
    That isn't how it works in this house lol DD is a great night sleeper but not a good napper. I haven't seen any correlation with what kinds of napping she does with her night time sleep. The biggest predictor for us is her reflux.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"