January 2014 Moms

stroller haters?

Alright, so I'm coming out of hiding and starting a thread on the same day.

My LO LOVES the ergo...HATES the stroller. Anyone else? Any tricks that you've found work to get LO to tolerate the stroller for more than 5 minutes? I've tried different inclines, toys, loosening the harness, no luck. Is it something that she'll grow to like as she gets older?

LO is 5.5 months (girl born Jan 25)..

For those who haven't read the lurker thread I intro'd when I got my BFP, posted a few times and have been lurking ever since.

Re: stroller haters?

• No help here...DD loves everything, even her car seat. She gets all excited when she sees the car seat come out- I guess its because we rarely go anywhere? Not really sure where I got this kid. 

• Lucky!

LO has no problem with her car seat but as soon as we attach it to the stroller she screams...I thought maybe she just didn't want to be in car seat anymore but nope.

Stroller=cruel and unusual punishment.
  • Loading the player...
  • The bottom part. We stopped with the infant carrier a while ago.

Do you sit her all the way up or lay her back a bit?
  • My babe prefers to be sitting straight up and holding the little tray in front.  He wants to see it all.  God forbid I stop pushing the stroller for some reason.  No movement = fussing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for the feedback! We went for a short walk with her reclined just a bit. She chewed on her harness straps the whole time...she lasted about 15 minutes so it's a start.

I'll try sitting her up all the way next time...she just seems to hate being restrained but if I don't tighten the harness when sitting straihht up she chews on the tray and I don't want her to smash her face if we hit a bump or something!

Also I kept moving and that seemed to help too...maybe it takes me too long to get moving and she gets frustrated...I don't know! But thank you for the input!
  • I'm glad I'm not totally alone! I hope she maybe grows to like it. It would be nice to actually be able to use my jogging stroller for its inteintended purpose in a few months...if not then I guess my leg muscles will be amazing if she remains this attached to the carrier..
  • My LO likes it all. I prefer my moby for most things. If it's somewhere where we will be walking for a long time, I bring the stroller in case I need a break.
    AnnRenee 1/21/03
    Luke 12/30/2013
  • I love my ergo 360. DD loves facing out. She also like the stroller. She babbles the whole time when we go on walks. Its so cute.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• @Roses87 I have the original ergo but have been considering getting the 360. If you've used the original how does the 360 compare?
  • The difference is its a little lower in the front so they can face out. The material is different. I do not like the material on re 360 ad much. Dd fusses facing in though. I think she like to see everything facing out. She is a happy clam when facing out.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• ccip82ccip82 member
    DS loves the buggy, but I have to keep it moving until he falls asleep. He also prefers the double buggy over our single one (they are both city minis). I think he enjoys being next to his sister.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• He loves the stroller, until it stops. He then becomes impatient. He also doesn't put up with slow sauntering. He wants fast action. Maybe because I typically run with him?
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

[Deleted User]
  • @ChuggingWater‌ at what age did you start running with LO? I have been hesitant to try it. Also is LO straight up or reclined when you run?
  • @Roses87‌ Thanks! Now if I can only find a Canadian retailer that sells this...the website doesn't ship to Canada. Argh!
  • ShannahbeeShannahbee member
    edited July 2014
    DS originally liked the stroller, but all of a sudden passionately hated it. Then we picked up an umbrella stroller (Chicco Echo) and he LOVES it. I think it's because he can sit almost fully upright (it reclines all the way back if he falls asleep) and also that there isn't a tray, so he feels less trapped!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Keep trying. DS hated stroller until he was closer to 8 months. I went for short walks almost everyday with him. He fussed up a storm and I had to move quickly. Then he tolerated it enough for me to go jogging/walking for an hour or two. Then he was fine in it for longer periods of time. DD so far loves the stroller, car seat or not. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
  • Panaceia said:
    @ChuggingWater‌ at what age did you start running with LO? I have been hesitant to try it. Also is LO straight up or reclined when you run?
    @panaceia -- around five months?   He is usually sitting up.  I don't think I have ran with him reclined.   We even run on bumpy gravel.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• @Shannahbee‌ - that sounds like it might be a good idea. LO pulled herself forward today, bit the tray and then cried. Wonderful! Maybe something without a tray would be better.

@hannahyejee‌ - thank you for giving me hope! I try to get out for at least one stroller walk a day no matter how short. I'll keep truckin' and hope it improves with age.

@ChuggingWater‌ - thank you. I think I might try running. LO will be 6 months on the 25th so I imagine she should be old enough. Hopefully she likes it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"