Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Hair falling out?

I am 4 months pp and notice my hair is falling out. Anyone else is experiencing this? Is this normal?

Re: Hair falling out?

• YES!

WHEN DOES IT STOP?

OMG, i almost posted about this too. It's normal and I had this with my first too but it's really annoying. The hair is EVERYWHERE. I mean, really everywhere. It's gross lol
    Rachel (a.k.a. The Analytical Mommy.com and @analyticalmommy on IG)
    I'm just trying to make sense of things :-) 
  • Must be normal, I've seen other posts about it.  It's happening so bad, I creeped out my DSD the other day bc the hair just kept coming out as she was playing hairsalon...
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • Loading the player...
  • flclflcl member
    Totally normal... it makes sense in that my hair NEVER fell out the entire pregnancy.  I guess my body is just catching up.  So gross... there's hair everywhere!
  • Mine started around 3 months postpartum and it's still going strong at almost 6 months.......
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same boat here, hair everywhere all the time, very annoying.

• Same here! Been falling out since DS was about 3 months. Starting to get better and he is 5 months now. My Iron was a bit low and Dr. said that can also cause hair loss along with the PP hormones.

Happily married since 5/3/08

My lil man, Ryan born 2/12/14

• does anyone have experience with how long this lasts?!
    my shower/sink drains hate me...
  • does anyone have experience with how long this lasts?!
    my shower/sink drains hate me...
  • lizrn1975lizrn1975 member
    edited July 2014
    Over this past week it seems to have gotten better; DS will be 6 mo next week. I only BF for 2 weeks, not sure if that makes a difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same here. My doc said it usually resolves by LO's first bday!
  • YES omg. @Joansmith1128‌ a year?! I can't handle this much shedding for a year. Two cats and a dog make enough, I don't need to add mine to the mix.
  • Hair still falling out in clumps in the shower. Last time it lasted a long time as well as my hair texture changing as well. Hoping that doesn't happen again. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• YES omg. @Joansmith1128‌ a year?! I can't handle this much shedding for a year. Two cats and a dog make enough, I don't need to add mine to the mix.
    haha, true!  We have 2 cats too!
  • Same! It's coming out by the handful in the shower since I only shampoo every other day. I'm 3 months PP and we are going on two weeks now! :-/
  • I heard SIL suggested vitamin E help. Is there any truth to it ?
  • res932res932 member
    I have the exact same problem! I remember it happening with my first too, but I can't remember when it stopped!
  • I heard SIL suggested vitamin E help. Is there any truth to it ?

@michellelcl‌ I read somewhere that it has to do with some vitamin deficiency but I can not recall which one.
    It happens with a so many ladies here, is everyone needing extra vitamins?
  • Ugh. I am so over it. I live in a humid hot area, so normally I keep my thick curly hair in a bun. Well, I went without brushing it for 2 days, you know, kept redoing my bun, then I washed it yesterday and discovered a horrible tangle in the back. I was in tears brushing it out. When I was finished, my brush looked like I was holding a guinea pig. :o X_X
  • Are you taking birth control? I was taking Errin (progesterone only birth control)  & I started noticing large amounts of my hair falling out.  I randomly googled "errin reviews" & it turns out many people had experienced the same thing. I stopped taking it and haven't had any problems since. 
  • my hair comes out in clumps in the shower, looks like i am receding when I pull it back! Dr. put my back on prenatal pills!
  • Mine starting falling out like crazy around 3 months pp. Now 6 months pp and noticing that it's getting better. My Iron was also a bit low and Dr. said that can cause hair loss as well. I started taking some iron and have since noticed an improvement.

Happily married since 5/3/08

My lil man, Ryan born 2/12/14

• Avion22 said:
    Yep.

I was a shedder before pregnancy, then it completely stopped while I was pregnant.  It's only slightly worse now than it was before, but I really really really liked not having to deal with shedding.   Yuck.   

P.S.  I tell people we got a Dyson Animal because of the cat, but it was at least partly because I shed so much hair.  I AM THE ANIMAL.  lol
    ALL of the above! ^^^^^^^
  • Oh thank god this is normal! It has been driving me crazy having so much hair come out all the time. I went through seven months of chemo when I was 21 and this is just giving me flashbacks. I cannot wait for it to stop.
  • yes totally normal - mine started at 3 months and at almost 5 months is still going strong. Im losing hair in clumps
  • I read that a non-pregnant person loses on average between 100-150 hairs a day. After pregnancy, around the 3 month mark, it's about 500 hairs per day!! I definitely see it and it's CRAZY!
  • This is totally normal, one thing to watch out for though is your hair getting stuck in socks, mittens, and diapers. It can wrap around fingers toes and limbs and cause strangulation of the limb (toe tourniquet syndrome. My LO had a hair wrapped around her toe so tight it cut in she had to be on antibiotics for 10 days because of the cut. We had to cut the hair off with a knife, it we hadn't had gotten it off it would've meant a trip to the ER.
    BabyName Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"