December 2014 Moms

FTM baby gear help

FTM and I have been fortunate enough to have friends and family members offer me some of their larger baby items. All together I've been offered a crib, bassinet and a PNP. We're starting to decide on the larger items we will be buying ourselves as well so I need a little help. LO will be in our room because we don't have another room we can use as a nursery but there is enough room for a crib and such. My question is what will I really need??

I was thinking of going for the target snugamonkey deal and getting the swing and the RNP but with so many sleeping options already should I just get the bouncer instead or just scratch that idea all together? Or do I get the RNP and say no to maybe the bassinet? The PNP is a Graco cuddle cove and has a detachable seat that rocks as well if that helps.

Thanks in advance ladies!! :D
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FTM baby gear help

• This is what I would do ... (from my experience with DS)
    Crib - didn't use this for many months other than to lay him in while I did laundry in his room.

Bouncer - used a few times here and there (our house at the time was about 1/3 of the size of our house now so I may get more use out of the bouncer this time around. Being able to leave it in a separate room.

Pack N Play - again didn't really use until we moved into our bigger house and he was older. I would put him in here while I took a shower.

Swing - I used this a lot! And I know it will get a lot of use this time around.

I will be purchasing a Rock N Play from Target for this baby so she can sleep in it in our room.

So, based off of my experience and think about how much space you have for these things: I would do the Target deal with the swing and rock n play. I think you'll get the most use out of those two. You can always get a crib later. The pack and play may come in handy if it has the detachable seat that rocks then I would skip the bouncer. That's great so many people have offered you the big items! They can get expensive quick. Hope this helps.  

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• There are also swings that you can detach the seat and it turns into a bouncer OR rocker depending in the style.
  • Loading the player...
  • A lot of people swear by the RNP. I had a swing and used it a lot! And I know a lot of people don't use the crib right off the bat but I did. So she slept in her crib, in the boppy on the couch (mostly NB napping, I was next to her) or in the swing.

So I would just get a swing and a baby carrier like the ergo. You are set with that for a few months. Then get a play mat because they spend forever on that thing and the swing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • ElaVeeElaVee member
    Thank you ladies for the great advice!! Looks like I will probably stick to my plan of getting the swing with the RNP and not the bouncer at least until we can see if LO will even like the swing. I will probably still do the PNP cause like some of you said it might come in handy when LO is older as well as for any traveling. We might do the crib just to have it from the beginning but we might decide to hold off until it's absolutely necessary. Thanks again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ElaVeeElaVee member
    @nesenotes‌ @danisgossipgirl‌ this is the first time I'm not on TB through my app and can finally see all these tickers and signatures. Just wanted to say your children are so cute!!! :x
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No matter what the swing is a must this was the most used item with my DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"