January 2014 Moms

Anyone else have a baby that was STTN and now isn't?

My LO is 5 months old. He was sleeping through the night for several weeks and then we had the 4 month shots last week. He was up almost all night. He then caught a cold the next day and was up just once during the night. Well he is still up once at night and I'm starting to get worn out! I know that this is normal, but I'm just curious about how long it should last and just wanting to see who else is going through this.
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else have a baby that was STTN and now isn't?

• DD is almost 6 months old and she had a cold then an ear infection. STTN like twice after that and then is up every 15-60 min from 8-11 or so. Then sleeps through until 5 or 6am. Figured it was a sleep regression or growth spurt and am suffering through. Just trying to be consistent with our bedtime routine and soothing her without picking her up when she cries. Good luck!

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• It happened to us and passed with time. Hang in there!

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yep, he was sttn from 8 weeks until 4 months and now he nurses throughout the night. I don't even keep track anymore we bed share so at this time it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He sleeps with me. Almost 6 months, he used to only wake up once for 15 mins and go back to sleep after a little snack. Now, he wakes up 3-5 times wanting to eat or just nurse really because he is happy with a pacifier if you can find it... His new game is to see how many times mommy will get out of bed, retrieve the pacifier, wash it off and give it back. He has two chances and it's boobs after that. Punk.
  • DS did the same thing especially when he caught HFMD from DC so it was the fever that woke him up in the MOTN. It passed and he's back to waking up one time around 3a-4a.
  • At 8 weeks, he STTN from 9-7. At 5 months, we went through some struggles for about 2 weeks. Now he's waking up once anywhere from 3:30 to 6:30 but he goes back to sleep. He needs to eat when he wakes so I know he just needs the calories. (I can't make him eat more before bed because he still has reflux. So I just don't worry about the wake up.)
  • Ha ha yeah wow your one of the lucky moms on here who's baby only wakes up once a night. There are several moms who get up a few times a night with their LO. Waking up once a night is completely normal, a lot of babies don't STTN until their a lot older. There are a lot of factors that play a role with this and the big one is teething. Fun fun!! Hang in there momma!!! Mine has had a cold now too and still waking up a few times, poor little dude!!!
  • km_mdkm_md member
    DD started STTN early and once in a while will get up to eat. The last couple of weeks have been rough for her. She does sleep worse when her reflux is bad (and it has been) but I think some of it might have been due to growing (some clothes all of a sudden stopped fitting) or maybe JBBB. The last two nights have been better so I'm hoping she's back on track now.

• DD STTN only a couple of times so it was never consistent, however she got sick a few weeks ago and her sleeping really went downhill then.  We are still working on getting it back to where it was - about 2 wake ups per night to feed.  She is getting there, just slowly. 

• Just this week we've had a complete change in sleep habits. She was always a good sleeper, and she was doing 8 to 9 hour stretches, eating and then going back to sleep for 2 to 3 more hours. Since Monday she has been waking up crying, now only going about 4 to 5 hours in between meals. I'm torn because I feel like, if she's waking up after 4 or 5 hours, she's probably hungry. But I know she's capable of longer stretches, so I'm worried if I'm feeding her this extra meal, it's going to turn into a sleep crutch rather than just needed calories.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • We haven't sttn since three months, I don't know if it's teething, or anything else but we went from 1 wake up to about 3 a night at inconsistent times. I've resorted to bedsharing to get any sleep after the second wake up. He is 5 months and we are racking our brains to figure out how to help him sleep better.
  • Adam used to sleep 10-12 hours straight at night. At 6 months, he has knocked himself back to 7-9 hours. I'm not complaining, but it does seem a bit strange. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yep. He STTN from 6 weeks until 4 months. The last 2 months I have been slowly dying inside. Hoping he will figure out how to STTN again...
  • mrspharmd said:

Yep. He STTN from 6 weeks until 4 months. The last 2 months I have been slowly dying inside. Hoping he will figure out how to STTN again...

Thisthisthis! But the past few weeks we have FINALLY gone from waking 1-4 times EVERY HOUR to only waking 2-3 times MOTN.

At this point I would be happy if LO kept this schedule forever... (trying not to jinx myself)...

• DS STTN (8pm to 5/6am) from about 10 weeks until 4mo. He will be 6mo in 2 weeks, and he only just started sleeping until about 5am again (then eats and goes back to sleep until 7/8am). For those 6/7 weeks, he was waking up 2-4x per night. It sucks, but it does eventually pass...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    Yes. DS STTN from about 2 months to 4 1/2 months. Around the same time he got sick, he stopped STTN and is now up anywhere from 1 to 8 times per night. It sucks.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• ccip82ccip82 member
    itsmeally said:
    ccip82 said:
    Yes. DS STTN from about 2 months to 4 1/2 months. Around the same time he got sick, he stopped STTN and is now up anywhere from 1 to 8 times per night. It sucks.
    8? EIGHT?  anyone who is complaining about 1-2 wake ups needs to cool it & think about this @ccip82 bishhh when they're doing so.... love & hugs to you woman.
    Thanks, luckily eight times only happens about two-three times per week at this point. I can get him back down fairly quickly with the boob...but he gets up about half hour to hour and a half later. I know this can't last forever.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Hoyt slept through the night from about 5 weeks - 7 weeks.  Then I went back to work, and it hasn't happened since.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

SunflowersBride
  • ccip82 said:

This is happening to me, too, except I have no idea what the cause is. Sleep training hasn't seemed to really stop it, either, especially since I BF on demand. Most nights we're up every 1.5-3 hours. I can sympathize, @ccip82‌. I hope it works itself out soon.

ccip82
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    @tahloulah10

Hugs to you too, I hope we can figure this out soon!

sibling love  

tahloulah10
  • Hoyt slept through the night from about 5 weeks - 7 weeks.  Then I went back to work, and it hasn't happened since.
    This is also my situation, except I went back to work when DS was 12 weeks.  
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"