December 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone feel anything?

Hey everyone!

I'm a first time mom and I can't wait to feel my baby move. I'm 18 weeks (as of today). When should I start feeling something? Has anyone out there, who's around the same time frame as me, felt anything yet?

I'm sure this has been posted before, I just can't see it on my phone. So sorry for the duplicate.

Thanks!!!

Re: Anyone feel anything?

• Options
    Im 15wks 3d with my 2nd and im not feeling anything yet either... i feel left out lol. Everyone says you feel the baby earlier the 2nd time around than you did with your first but ive yet to feel it.
  • Options

I'm 19 weeks today and have been feeling flutters since 17 weeks. Nothing really intense yet though. I know some FTMs don't feel anything until after 20 weeks.

Thanks for the advice! Is it cool feeling your baby move?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am also a FTM, and I just felt movement this week. It mostly feels like flutters, but If I lightly push on my stomach I can feel the baby actually push back. It's so strange! My doctor said you should feel movement any where from 16-24 weeks.

Which week are you in?
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks with my second and nothing here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 5/17/12 EDD 1/26/13 no hb @ 8w6d natural mc 11w6d 7/13/12 
             BFP #2 1/1/13 EDD 9/11/13 Isabelle Diane born on 9/17/13 7lbs 1oz 20in.
    BFP #3 4/3/2014 EDD 12/10/14 William David born on 12/8/14 7 lbs 10 oz 20in.
  • Options
    NELSMDNELSMD member
    18 weeks here. Not feeling much of anything yet except ligament pain, gas, and cramps :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Options
    I haven't felt anything yet either, but can't wait to. 

Besides just being a FTM, the position of the placenta can affect when you'll feel movement too.  I have a friend who's placenta was in the front and she didn't feel anything for a long time (I forget how long exactly).

Hopefully it will be a short wait, but then again it seems like time is flying!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    18w4 STM and have been feeling baby since late into 16 weeks, so not too long. Every pregnancy, baby, and mommy to-be is so different..... Can't wait for you to feel flutters!!! I think it feels like popping popcorn at first, now I'm getting knocks and wiggles in there!
  • Options
    Just this week I've started feeling movement consistently and several times a day. But this is my second. First time I didn't feel movement consistently until a little over 20 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    FTM and I felt flutters at 16 weeks and light kicks at 17 weeks. I'm 19 now and am feeling consistent movement. Sounds like that's really early for a FTM though. Don't worry.. You'll be feeling something in the next few weeks :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    Since last week, I've felt twinges/flutters which I guess could be baby. I also feel a lot of muscle soreness (I'm guessing is RLP?) so I don't know if that's all it is. I'm a FTM and started out overweight, so I'm sure that also leads to later feeling movement.

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Options
    I'm 17w FTM and nothing yet either - actually went to the OB today and she said maybe not til 20 and the first is always later. Made me feel better - I sit on the couch every evening poking at my belly but no dice.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No but I just realized that I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I first felt movement with my other two at the 17 weeks mark, so getting close! In my experience the baby doesn't become very active until after 20 weeks so you might have felt something and not realized it was the baby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    irish2014 said:

I'm 17w FTM and nothing yet either - actually went to the OB today and she said maybe not til 20 and the first is always later. Made me feel better - I sit on the couch every evening poking at my belly but no dice.

I do the same thing!!!
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too, 18w exactly today as well. I *think* I felt my first flutter today, but I'm less than confident because I know my placenta is in the front, I'm overweight to begin with, and the FTM thing. It'll be interesting to see later once I'm sure it is flutters/kicks if I was right about what I felt today.
    Married 11/9/13
    TTC since Jan 2014
    BFP 4/4/14, EDD 12/06/14
    image BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm a FTM and have been feeling flutters consistently for about a week or so. Today after my lunch I felt a pretty good kick and it made me smile! I can't wait to start feeling more!
  • Options
    First timer here & I'm 19 weeks 4 days and I feel baby quite often now! I started feeling flutters at 17/18 weeks and now it's definite movement! It's the best feeling ever!
  • Options
    MW is a STM and can feel the baby move at times.  I am thinking it is more just flutters and "swimming".  She has been picking up on this for a week or two now.

• Options

irish2014 said:

I do the same thing!!!
    Same here. DH always freaks out and tells me to leave our son alone.
    Married 11/9/13
    TTC since Jan 2014
    BFP 4/4/14, EDD 12/06/14
    image BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm a first timer and I started feeling my baby last week at 16 weeks and some days.  This week I've been feeling it pretty regularly only if I'm sitting still and lounging.  Can't feel anything on the outside yet.
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am 18w2d and I started feeling baby on Saturday. It's a wild hyper little thing, I feel baby almost constantly now. DH even got to feel it last night and he was totally creeped out and said it reminded him of an alien movie...lol.  
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks, 2 days and a FTM and I've felt nothing yet.  I found out at my dating ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta though, so it may take longer for me to feel anything.  Hopefully we'll all start feeling something in the next month or so!
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an FTM, 17 wks 3 days though at my last scan the measurements suggested I'm a few days further along than estimated. I could've sworn I felt something tonight and even texted DH about it--then some minutes later I burped and now I'm unsure. I thought I felt something in the car on Saturday, but so far nothing definite (though earlier tonight I would've sworn differently!) Oh and in case I wasn't wrong, the sensation felt like a tiny wave, then rippling, bubbliness.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Options
    With my first I started feeling movement around 17/18wks. My second 16/17wks. This one 15/16wks.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    ajlmomajlmom member
    I felt it for the first time at 15 weeks (wasn't sure what it was then), didn't feel it for one week and baby poked me almost all afternoon on 17w1d. It felt a little strange at first but once you realize it is baby it's quite amazing. Hope you feel it soon!
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm a STM I have been feeling it since 16w my doc said usually second time mom's feel it sooner because they know what to look for you may have actually felt her move and just thought it was gas or something.
  • Options
    STM here and I've been feeling movement since 14 weeks. I was surprised when I did. With DD I didn't feel anything until the end of 18 weeks and not regularly until over 20 weeks. 

I'm 18 weeks now and feel movement off and on all day.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks FTM and I haven't really felt the flutters inside but I was poking around laying down the other night and got poked back twice. None since though. I know it'll be sporadic for the next few/several weeks. It's going to be pretty crazy to know the sex and finally feel the little swimmer in the next month or so!
  • Options
    I'm also a FTM and I'm exactly 18 weeks today. I've been feeling my little angel move since about 16 weeks... I can definitely feel the difference. At first it was light flutters that felt like gas.. These movements are much stronger now and actually feel like movements. It's amazing ❤️ Hopefully you'll get to experience this feeling soon! Good luck.
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I just hit 19 weeks today. I've been feeling lots of movement since 17 weeks I believe but I know a lot of first time moms don't feel anything till 20 weeks, sometimes even later than that. I've been really sick for most of my pregnancy so far so feelings those little kicks and somersaults make me so happy. Don't worry! I'm sure baby will start moving soon.
  • Options
    FTM and just started feeling something this week (19). I figured out that it's so light that I'm really not going to notice it unless I'm laying down doing nothing.
  • Options
    I'm at 19wks and a FTM. I started feeling movement around 16 wks when sitting still with my hand low on my belly. I couldn't feel from the outside, but somehow having the hand there helped me recognize it. My lil' guy is really active and my husband was able to feel kicks at 17 wks. Everyone is different and it's possible the placenta might be in front padding the kicks or the baby might be kicking in towards you rather than out, I think. It's such a surreal feeling! You'll feel them soon!
  • Options
    Also if you have an anterior placenta(which I have had both times) you may feel movement later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a STM and have been feeling those wonderful butterfly flutters for the last week or so.  It's awesome!  I can't wait for the kicks so that DD and DH can feel baby Mia too!

• Options
    I've been feeling occasional flutters since about 14 and a half weeks, but little guy is measuring very large for his gestational age. I'm starting to feel them more consistently now at 17 weeks.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks abd feel it quite frequently! Wish DH could feel it, I just have to be patient.
    *TEAM PINK*
    TTC#1 Since November 2013 // BFP March 27, 2014 // EDD December 11, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    JCM285JCM285 member
    Just started feeling flutters this week! (Week 18). Can't wait to feel kicks!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    First time momma here ! I was told I have a front facing placents was lucky to feel my little princess move at 13 weeks crazy I know but it literally felt like a tiny muscle spasm she really kicked it into gear a tiny 15 weeks and has developed a routine where she's most active at 1230 to 1 am and 6 to 7 am. I will be 19 wks tomorrow and tonight she kicked so hard she knocked my phone off my belly! Hopefully you will get to feel your baby move!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"