October 2012 Moms

Post-Partum Sacroiliac Joint/Hip/Lower Back Pain Q

So I'm asking you guys this question since I'm more interested in long-term solutions and answers, and I'm not sure my May14 board would be there quite yet.

Did anyone here suffer from prolonged back or hip pain after childbirth, specifically at the sacroiliac joint? If so, did you seek treatment with a physical therapist? Has the problem gone away, or does it still recur?

After having DD, I am dealing with some serious pains in this joint — so bad that I am now limping. I have a PT referral, but I am just curious about others' experience with this and if it's something anyone still deals with (regularly or intermittently) this far out from childbirth. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Post-Partum Sacroiliac Joint/Hip/Lower Back Pain Q

• I had some pain, but it went away after a few weeks.  I just thought it was from labor and pushing a baby out.  I hope that your referal can help with the pain.

• Thanks everyone. I'm hopeful the PT will work, I just get a little nervous about hip and back pain. The doctor said it probably wouldn't lead the way toward long term back problems; but in Googling some stretches and exercises to mitigate pain I discovered many women deal with these pains intermittently their entire lives after giving birth. My SIL is one of those people. Just wondering if anyone here was still dealing with that!

• Loading the player...
  • Have you considered seeing a chiropractor? 
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @wonknessmonster‌, I am in a similar boat on pain levels...I love grocery shopping because I can lean on a rolling cart and relieve so much pain from just WALKING. I assume the last baby to whom you gave birth was our O12 baby? So pain randomly popped up over a year out? Did you have any of those pains during or immediately following your pregnancy? This is what I am worried about — having to deal with this pain intermittently for years.

@chricast‌, I am headed to PT first, but my OB did mention a chiropractor if PT didn't work out. It's really hard for me to go to these appointments being on maternity leave with an infant, though, so I am really hoping the PT can provide me with some stuff I can do at home.

• I had a really bad time with my right SI joint the last few weeks of pregnancy. It is better than it was, but it still hurts. the chiropractor helped temporarily while I was pregnant. I haven't sought treatment for it since I was pregnant.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"