December 2014 Moms

Cervical Check anyone?

beachy6beachy6 member
edited July 2014 in December 2014 Moms

Tomorrow is my first cervical check/measurement. While I'm extremely nervous to find out whether my cervix is doing it's job after my cone biopsy, I am also wondering what all the appointment will entail. Anyone had a cervical measurement check and is willing to share? What exactly are they looking for?

I'm sure my doctor will tell me, but I'd like to hear from others who've had it done already just to help calm my nerves.

Thanks ladies! Hopefully after tomorrow, I can start to believe this a little and enjoy being pregnant just a bit.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

Re: Cervical Check anyone?

• Thank you ladies!

@KSwitz011 I hope that you're right! This is the one thing that scares me the most I think. I'm glad to hear a success story!!

BabyFruit Ticker

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• I had a LEEP a decade ago and had a check today. For me it was just a TV ultrasound - nothing much else to it. They said all looks good - phew!
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Loading the player...
  • I had these done every 2 weeks with ds#2 and have had 2 so far (have another one next week).  It's just a measurement with done transvaginally.  No biggie.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have had this done every two weeks starting at wk 14 until 20. It's a tv ultrasound and my office does it for 3 minutes, taking a measurement every minute. Empty your bladder 10 minutes or so before bc emptying can cause the uterus to contract slightly giving an inaccurate measurement.
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I get checked all the time by TV ultrasound. Most accurate. Then the doc talks to me and no big deal. I hope all is well. I love how they are being proactive in monitoring you.
  • Also, my doc and MFM like above 2.5.
  • I had a LEEP also about a year ago but my doc just took a quick look and said it looks fine... He didn't do any ultrasound and isn't monitoring it at all.... Should I be worried?
  • I had a LEEP also about a year ago but my doc just took a quick look and said it looks fine... He didn't do any ultrasound and isn't monitoring it at all.... Should I be worried?

I wouldn't be worried. If you were examined and he looked at your cervix and determined it was long/intact enough try and trust that! Not all Leep procedures remove significant amounts of tissue.

Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited July 2014
    I actually have mine in 2 hours and do them every 2 weeks through pregnancy, it can be done transvaginally or abdominally if they think they can get acurate measurements and the baby is not directly over the cervix, its not so bad. The numbers they are comfortable with vary by dr and how or if you are being treated. Mine now im not sure the number she likes but with my DS it was 3, with my DD my dr was comfortable with anything 1.5 and over. Hope you get good results.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Yep had my cervix checked @ 17 weeks & now will have it checked every 2 weeks until 28 weeks or so. Mine has been done by TV ultrasound. I had a LEEP also & had a pre term baby we think due to incompetent cervix. So far everything looks good for me. Hope everything goes well for you!!
  • Done and you were all right. It was a piece of cake. It measured at 52mm!! WAY more than necessary. I think it was showing off a bit, but after the stress of this pregnancy so far, I'm very happy that something is going well finally. Since it was so long, we'll do another check at 20 weeks.

We also got an ultrasound of our baby! Active, active, active! My placenta is anterior, so that stinks, but I'm so happy everything is okay that I'll take feeling the baby move a little later. Also, the doctor was able to tell that the spotting is from the baby we lost. It is right near the cervix and as the other baby grows, it's pushing on it's twin, causing spotting. It's all brown, so it's old and that's good, too.

Overall, a great appointment! Thanks for the peeing advice and the advice on how the appointment would be. I really appreciate it!!

BabyFruit Ticker

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"