January 2014 Moms

Any Duh! moments?

Anyone have any really embarrassing things you've done that you walked away from thinking you're the biggest freaking idiot?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Any Duh! moments?

• I backed into a guy's trailor at the gas station last week. I was so embarrassed that I made my husband get out to talk to him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited July 2014
    Now, I'm not stupid and I have common sense. I'm not completely unworldly, either. But, when I first started working at my parole officer job out of college, a few co workers were talking about their defendants. The one girl said, "I had to read him the riot act!" Asshole me, never hearing that before said, "where can I get a copy of that riot act? I have a few people that need a wake up call." They laughed and when they told me what it meant, I just about shit myself. I cried I laughed so hard. I felt like such a dipshit.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hit a parked car the other day... in my brand freaking new car. I left a note, but luckily the guy said no damage! WHOO! My car now has a scratch.

I have had away too many dumb moments that I care to admit. My husband tells me that since I'm on all day for work that when I get home I shut down (sometimes too much). 

• Now, I'm not stupid and I have common sense. I'm not completely unworldly, either. But, when I first started working at my parole officer job out of college, a few co workers were talking about their defendants. The one girl said, "I had to read him the riot act!" Asshole me, never hearing that before said, "where can I get a copy of that riot act? I have a few people that need a wake up call." They laughed and when they told me what it meant, I just about shit myself. I cried I laughed so hard. I felt like such a dipshit.

@MiaMyPuggle‌ - the Riot Act is actually a real British law from the 18th century, I believe. People in groups could be arrested for assembling to incite a riot. That's where the phrase came from.
  • I have them all the time... Can't think of any in particular... although yesterday at work ( I work in a big hospital) I got all the way to my unit and realized I left my badge in my car. The walk is long. I had to go all the way back to the parking garage to my car. I felt stupid. Oh and another... I work in a birthing center so all of our units are locked and u scan ur badge to get it. Well there is a time clock next to the swiper thing to open the door and a few hrs into my shift i swiped the time clock instead of the swiper to open the door. So I punched myself out. If only I was able to go home at that time. ..
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• I've been having these types of moments lots lately. Our sleeping at night hasn't been the greatest so I have been blaming them on being overtired and having little mommy moments. The other day I took my 2 younger cousins (age 8 & 11) to the pool along with my LO, I went to ask my 11 year cousin to spray my back with sunscreen, as I handed her the bottle and turned around for her I said "take a picture of me". She stood there confused and I realized what I said and burst out laughing, quickly correcting myself. I've been saying weird things a lot lately but can't seem to remember any other examples at the moment!
  • So many, and the fact that I can't think of a recent one is just further evidence of my Duh moments, because they happen all the time. I had a funny one during my pregnancy though. I was about 11 weeks and hadn't told my coworkers yet. The door to our building has a code you punch in to unlock the back door. It had been the same simple, 4 digit code for months, and I unlock the back door at LEAST twice a day, often more. I came back from a home visit in the middle of the day and could not for the life of me remember the code. I stood at the door for about 5 minutes trying different codes, tried calling the office (no answer), and finally someone came and let me in. When I announced my pregnancy a few days later they all laughed and told me they had a feeling I was pregnant because of my forgetfulness, especially the door code.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"