January 2014 Moms

GTKY - Family planning edition

Hi ladies, since I'm new here and I've got babies on the brain I figured I'd start this thread to get to know some of you:

1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever)

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done?

3. If you are planning to try for another baby do you already have names picked out?

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby?

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy?

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around?

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

Re: GTKY - Family planning edition

• Hi ladies, since I'm new here and I've got babies on the brain I figured I'd start this thread to get to know some of you:

1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever)

DH and I are trying but I know that while still breastfeeding (I EP) that you don't ovulate every timeso I'm not sure when it will happen

At this point I'd like to have 6. I have 2 now. I'm not married to the number and figure that I'll know when I'm done and maybe I won't be able to have anymore but right now 6 is the magic number in my head

3. If you are planning to try for another baby do you already have names picked out?

My husband and I agree on Lauren Eleanor for a girl but for a boy we will never agree, he and I have totally different tastes. 

I love the excitement of pregnancy and getting ready for the new baby and of course getting to meet the new baby

Ughhh, morning sickness, and not being able to sleep (during pregnancy and during the newborn phase)

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around?

I think I'll work harder at establishing the breast feeding relationship. It's not that I didn't try this time but I didn't ask for help from a LC when I should have and then my nipples were so sore it was almost too late and I started to pump exclusively.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

[Deleted User]
  • I'll play!

1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever) Currently 17+ weeks pregnant. We weren't trying, weren't preventing. Getting really excited now! The little flutters have started and I love it.

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done?  I think we might be done after this one. DH says at least 1 more. We'll see in a few years!

3. If you are planning to try for another baby do you already have names picked out? No names picked out yet. We go the 24th to find out the sex so after that the name fun will begin!

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby? I love being pregnant. I'm absolutely amazed at what my body is capable of doing. I'm hoping my labor/delivery goes just as well, just a little faster. I'd like to go med free again if possible.

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy?  I'm already dreading the back pain that is to consume my life for the next few months. It's already started. I had a bad back to begin with and with two pregnancies back to back - it's not happy. And the sciatic nerve pain is literally a pain in my ass. It's been there since day one this time around. It's actually why I POAS.

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around? I really want to put more effort into BFing this time around. I only BF DS for about 5 weeks before I called it quits. I was having anxiety about going back to work and pumping and my supply dropped. After this LO is born I'm going to be a STAM for a while and hope it goes better! I'm just really looking forward to being able to spend more time with both my babies. I feel so bad everyday that I don't get to spend more time with Logan during the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon
    nope

I'd like to have 3. Right now we have the twins, my husband says he's happy with 2 but I just can't imagine having the pregnancy and baby stage just once in my whole life

no names picked but we worked together pretty well to pick out the names last time so I don't foresee any problems 

feeling them move and I'd love to have the normal experience of meeting your baby. Mine went straight to the NICU and I didn't get to see them for hours or hold my son for two days

The worry of whether I could find an OBGYN you would let me do a Vbac. I really don't want another C-section

I'd try to get them to take regular naps sooner

imageimage

• 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon? Absolutely not.

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? We have two. While we aren't 100% certain we are done, two feels like a really good number for us.

3. If you are planning to try for another baby do you already have names picked out? If we did, we do have a girl's name from DS. We do not have another boy's name.

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby? I loved being pregnant and the excitement that came with that.

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy? Delivery (RCS). Not sleeping.

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around? Nope. I feel confident in the way I did things and the decisions we made.

• We are done and very happy with the two we have. I also don't think my body could handle another pregnancy and c/s. I don't think I could emotionally handle another pregnancy either.
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon?
    -no and no plans soon. H says we are done. I'm on the fence. Leaning more toward done. I'm 60% sure we are done! sadly. 

2.  How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? 
    -I always wanted 3. I was an only child and hated it. I wanted a bigger family. 

-I still have my list of names, but if we had another, I'd look at different ones. 

-anticipation of holding and meeting the baby. The hospital stay is great. 

-sleeping or lack thereof. RCS, unless I changed practices. Establishing breastfeeding....it was rough this time around. 

-I'm doing what I need to in order to survive. Nothing life threatening!, so we are fine. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever)

Nope, not anytime soon

I have always imagined having 2 or 3.  I have a stepson and DD so we might be done but I'm not sure yet.

I like the name Olivia for a girl and Lucas for a boy.

Feeling comfortable with my body.  I never stressed about body image when I was pregnant like I am now.  I was supposed to look larger so it was such a relief.

I had bad morning sickness during the first trimester and horrible heartburn near the end.

I think the biggest thing is breastfeeding; now that I know what works and doesn't I would feel much more confident from the beginning.  I could also establish a good pumping schedule.  I would also pick a different long-term sub for while I was on maternity leave; she was so lazy.
    imageimage

Lilypie - (75Jo)

• 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever)
    Not pregnant and don't plan to be anytime soon.

We would like to have at least one more. We'll wait for DD to be 1-1 and 1/2 to start trying for another

We had a few boy and girl names picked for the first pregnancy b/c we didn't find out what we were having. 

The anticipation of meeting your child, wondering what they will look like, what their character will be like...

I fear what my body will do after another pregnancy. I hate a great one the first time but have some stretch marks and lose skin I could do w/o. Scared how much worst it will be after another pregnancy.

I don't think so. I think I'll be a bit more confident going into BF the next time around as I was totally clueless the first time and go zero help from the nurses in the hospital.
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever) Nope! We talked about this recently, and it seems like we want to wait to try again once LO is around 18-24 months old. 

MH says 2...and no more.  I would like to have 2-3 (okay, maybe more) kids in all.  I guess we will see!

When that time comes, I'm sure I will change my mind, but I absolutely love the name Evelyn Louise. 

Hearing the heartbeat, feeling the kicks, the newborn snuggles and peacefullness (when they are sleeping), and the excitement that leads up to having a new person join the family.  I would also look forward to watching our current LO interact with a sibling.  Just thinking about that melts my heart.

Hemorrhoids. Heartburn. Morning Sickness. Frequent urination. Sleepless nights.  How "hard" and different future babes would be compared to current LO (he's a rockstar and has set the bar VERY, VERY high).

Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head.  Maybe start a baby pregnancy blog to keep my family and friends informed of what's going on.
    Baby Boy Due 1.25.14

No. We will wait at least until DD is a year old.

I think 2. We would like another, but I think 2 is our limit.

I still have our list of girl names, but I think I would start a new list.

The baby kicks and the excitement of a new baby.

Morning sickness, delivery (RCS or VBAC?), and trying to take care of DD while tired and big.

I can't think of anything specific. I feel like we have learned a lot, so hopefully things will go more smoothly with #2. Oh, I think I would ask for help more often. We haven't really had much help and I feel like DD requires so much of my time and focus that taking care of two kids seems quite daunting.

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• km_mdkm_md member
    edited July 2014

Absutely not!! And not any time soon for us.

We are undecided. I only ever wanted 2 max but after all of DDs reflux issues and my anxiety with this new adjustment I'm not sure I want any more. There is still lots of time to decide though.

We have a boys name that we didn't use for DD but no other girls names.

I enjoyed being pregnant for the most part. I love the excitement that comes with a new baby and meeting that new little person is amazing.

First tri morning sickness. Constant worrying. Facing another delivery knowing that it will be med free. Exhaustion.

Nope. I'm happy with our choices.

• I'm just curious: do any of you who want 5-6 kids have toddlers yet? I don't think I could live through the terrible 2's six times.
    ac1259
  • I'm just curious: do any of you who want 5-6 kids have toddlers yet? I don't think I could live through the terrible 2's six times.
    I have a toddler turning 3 in October. It's challenging at times but it's fun... again, I say 6 now but once DS gets to be a toddler I might be like WTF was I thinking ;)

No we plan to wait at least 3 years.

One more.

We have Leeann for a girl but nothing for a boy yet

Trying to make it to term.

The morning sickness, and the possibility of another preemie.

Breast feeding. Last time was hard because he was in the NICU so hopefully next time will be different
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
    Nope. I want to start when she turns 1 and hope it doesn't take 2-3 years again or fertility treatments.

Probably 2. I always wanted 3 but financially doesn't make sense.

Nope

Feeling baby, the excitement leading up to delivery, the big belly

Ugh (no idea why I want to be pregnant again!) morning sickness for 22 weeks, bleeding, fear of preterm labor for short cervix. Actually, being high risk was very scary but I had weekly ultrasounds starting at 19 weeks and had cell-free dna testing done 1st trimester so IF I had a more normal pregnancy - it would be a huge adjustment not to know sex so early or get to see baby every week doing well. Bed rest for 5 months was hard but it was nice not having to work while so uncomfortable.

I don't think much. Maybe take monthly pics with dates. But hopefully worry a little less but that is doubtful.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This is our 1st but plan to have baby #2. But waiting till next summer to start trying. I want to enjoy my little bugger at the moment!!!!

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? 2 for us.

Yes we have a few boy names picked out and a few girls. It's just names that we fell in love with.

I really miss the feeling of the babies movements. :) especially those hipcups. I actually enjoyed being pregnant. I was a lucky one that didn't get sick.

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy? Being pregnant dreading the sleepless nights the last trimester, being uncomfortable when I sleep and I honestly hate the newborn stage. Fast forward to 8 weeks, ha ha!!!!

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around? Honestly I can't think of anything, ha ha!! Mind is going blank
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon? Nope, La la la can't hear you >.< I want DD to be out of diapers before we even consider another one.

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? Our situation is complicated. If we have a boy, we will be done. If we have another girl, we will try for another baby after her to have a chance at a boy.

I like a lot of names :) Sophie is my fav at the moment. No ideas for boys.

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby? Having the excuse to eat my ass off without guilt.

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy? After labor. I hope my experience will be better and I can breastfeed with ease.

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around? Honestly, I can say I will be more confident the next time around.
    cnctf
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon? Nope, La la la can't hear you >.< I want DD to be out of diapers before we even consider another one.

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? Our situation is complicated. If we have a boy, we will be done. If we have another girl, we will try for another baby after her to have a chance at a boy.

I like a lot of names :) Sophie is my fav at the moment. No ideas for boys.

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby? Having the excuse to eat my ass off without guilt.

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy? After labor. I hope my experience will be better and I can breastfeed with ease.

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around? Honestly, I can say I will be more confident the next time around.

NTNP

2. How many children do you plan to try for?

No

First kicks

Kidney stones, hypertension, contractions for entire third tri

I refuse to ever be induced again.

If my blood pressure causes problems, I will insist on seeing a MFM.

NTNP

2. How many children do you plan to try for?

Sort of planning to go with the flow. At least 2.

No. Starting fresh when the time comes

Another homebirth

Heartburn!!!

I would be way more prepared about breastfeeding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• cnctfcnctf member
    1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever) No, but I definitely want one more right now! We had plans to move off this island before I was pregnant with DD and those plans were pushed back, so realistically we really should move before having baby #2. 

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? I was totally on the one and done train till DD opened my eyes to a whole new world. Now I want one more and thats all. :)

I would love if we have another little girl. Yes, we have names picked out. 

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby? Honestly, I didnt like being pregnant at all so theres nothing really exciting me there, but I can imagine how close DD and baby #2 would be!

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy? HA! I dread throwing up every day from week 7 all the way till the day I gave birth. 

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around? I wouldnt buy so much dang clothes! 
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • cnctfcnctf member
     3. If you are planning to try for another baby do you already have names picked out? I like a lot of names :)Sophie is my fav at the moment. 
    @redsaffron Sophie!? What happened to Narnia! HAHAHAA. 
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    RedSaffron
  • 1. Are you pregnant again yet or have plans to anytime soon (it seems like everyone in D13 was starting to get the baby fever) Not pregnant and not planning to actively try until DS2 is 12 months old.

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one in done? As many as God gives us.  I'm 1 of 4 and DH is 1 of 9 so largish families are the norm for us.

3. If you are planning to try for another baby do you already have names picked out? Helen Elizabeth for a girl.  No clue on a boys name.

4. What would you look forward to the most with another pregnancy/baby? Carrying a sweet little life, the kicks, and finally meeting and nursing another babe.

5. What would you dread the most with another baby/pregnancy? Another breech until the last minute baby would be a bit much to take.  DD turned a few days before birth. DS2 turned and broke my water at 39w5d.

6. Would you do anything different with the next pregnancy/baby than you did this time around?Probably going to have a home birth next time so I don't have to go through the where will I be birthing drama again.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15

we are going to try after a year and hopefully it wont take as long as last time

5-6

no names

feeling baby move and a growing belly

RCS and difficulty in delivery 

stand up for what I want more in the delivery
  • 1. Hell no and plan to start trying when dd is 18 months.

2. 3 ish?

3. No names. My dh will have more of a say next time since I picked dds name out.

4. Only movement.

5. The possibly of going on bed rest again. I was on it for over 10 weeks last time.

6. No.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

Not pregnant, no plans for the next few years at least.

I have said one and done, but who knows. My hormones are already betraying me. Every time I see a newborn I'm like "awww...maybe having another wouldn't be SO bad?"

If it's a girl, Aurelia. If its a boy? No idea. I really like Sebastian, but DH's cousin just named her son that.

With pregnancy: feeling the first little kicks, getting to see/hear the heartbeat for the first time. With a baby: Getting to see them change from a squishy little blob of a human being to a little person that laughs and smiles and gets all grumpy about certain things. Its so amazing to see the transformation. 

Pregnancy: Heartburn, morning sickness, joint pain, the weight of a bowling ball sitting on my bladder 24/7, the potential of loosing the baby. 

Baby: Giving birth to said baby, not sleeping, not having a second to myself for 3 months straight.

First, I would plan my pregnancy so that my baby would be born in spring/early summer. I would have my birth at the state hospital, not at the private hospital with no NICU. I would have more skin-to-skin contact with the baby. He's already 5 and a half months old and I just realized about the only time our skin has ever touched (other than hands and face) is when I'm giving him a bath. 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

No. We plan to start trying after next summer.

2-3. We will decide after the next one.

My husband really wants Alex for a boy and Lillian for a girl. I'm not sure if I am on board with both of those.

I would look forward to the baby snuggles. I don't really miss anything from pregnancy though.

I would dread being constantly tired during pregnancy with a toddler running around. And I dread the lack of sleep once the baby is here.

I would try to find a way to become a SAHM. I would also be more confident in breastfeeding and try and avoid using the nipple shield if I could. I used it for 6 weeks and hated breastfeeding in the beginning.

Not pregnant, but other than nursing we haven't used any protection so I've had to take a few tests. Hubby says we're done, but this is exactly how #3 came to be.

I want 1 more. We'll see what happens.

We don't really pick any out until we're at the hospital.

I love the excitement and anticipation.

I hate gaining weight and then having to lose it.

I really want to have 1 more, but I want C to be a baby and toddler on his own first. In hindsight I'm a little sad that K had to grow up so fast bc C was born. This is why I am hoping to try for our last next summer and hope to be pregnant by the time he's 2. We'll see what happens, I could change my mind by then.

I am NTNP/breastfeeding.

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one AND (FTFY) done?
    If/when I get pregnant again, it will be my last pregnancy. We already have 2 kids and always said we would have 2 or 3, so we are happy with our family as it is, but are just sort of seeing what happens in regards to a possible third.

I have a boy name in mind. But if it's a girl, DH gets to pick this time.

I love seeing my 2 girls together, their sibling love melts my heart! I would love to have another to see all 3 interact.

All things first tri - the fatigue, the morning sickness, PGAL brain.

It's totally out of my control but I wish I could have a healthy pregnancy where I see a BFP and feel excited, worry free and not get the "crushed" feeling b/c things go wrong.

With my first pregnancy, I was so happy. Then crushed and devastated when I m/ced. With my second pregnancy, I was so nervous when I found out I was pregnant, but it turned out ok. The third pregnancy, I was optimistic but m/ced and crushed again. The fourth pregnancy, I was so pesimistic that I didn't even believe I was having another baby until about 14 or 15 weeks. 
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

Not trying at the moment, brought the dusty box of condoms out of the closet. Probably will start trying in the spring

2. How many children do you plan to try for? Are you one AND (FTFY) done?

We would like 2 or 3

We have one for a girl but none as of right now if it's another boy

The kicking and having a bump and well the attention lol

Not being able to find a comfortable sleeping position and having my husband ban a bunch of foods I loved to eat

Not be so paranoid that I'm going to do something wrong and just try and relax more
  • 1. No and no.

2. We have 4 kids and that's more than enough for me. :)

3. I don't plan to try for another baby, yet I still have names picked out.  Does that count?

4. As much as I know I am 100% DONE with being PG, I know I will miss certain aspects of it. 

5. The entire pregnancy.  And not drinking.

6. Nope.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"