December 2014 Moms
Options

Sex after an ER scare?

I'm 18 weeks now, and 3 weeks ago I randomly bled pretty heavily. They said at the ER that the baby is fine and that sometimes it just happens. But they put me on 3 weeks of no sex. Well my time is almost up, and it's not that I don't want sex, but I'm terrified that I'll bleed again! My husband has been very patient, but I can tell his patience is wearing thin. Anyone else have experience with this?

Re: Sex after an ER scare?

• Options
    It happened a few days after sex, so I don't even know if the two are related. I'm just so afraid of feeling that terrified again! I know I should just bite the bullet and I'll be happy I did!
  • Options
    I gushed blood at 11 weeks so my Dr out me on pelvic rest for 4 weeks afterwards. I never had anymore bleeding but I was terrified to have sex again and made my husband wait an additional 2 weeks.

The Dr just told me to take it slow(no rough, banging sex) and that if there were any more bleeding, to stop. The first time we had sex again was so not fun. I was a nervous wreck and couldn't relax which in turn made DH nervous. It wasn't a great time but everything turned out okay and I'm happy to report that our sex life has been awesome the last two weeks!!

And honestly, your DH needs to give you a break. Him pouting won't help anything. I mean, he's going to have to wait 6 weeks after the baby is born. This could be his trial run!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here. I'm still on pelvic rest, but I already told DH that I'm not having sex until we reach viability. He is okay with it since the spotting scared him, too.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    Have you discussed with your OB? I would trust them over a random ER doc.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    My midwife said I should be fine and just to start taking it easier (I have a bad habit of trying to be Wonder Woman) and that after I stopped spotting I would be fine, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to wait the 3 weeks just in case.
  • Options
    Well we finally did, and just as I thought I would be I was distracted and worried the whole time. He seems to think this is a green light for daily sex. I told him it was best not to push our luck. Hoping after a couple times I'll relax again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"