December 2014 Moms

Water

Hi girls,
I don't feel like drinking water throughout the day, but I worry about dehydrating my baby! Is it really bad to only drink 3-4 cups? Whenever I drink I instantly need to pee about three times and feel bloated and uncomfortable. It's hard to do while at work/on the go. Can anyone relate?

Re: Water

• My midwife always told me to try as hard as I could, it is important! Water intake is something I have always struggled with but I found that if I made it easy for myself I could do it. 3 32 oz containers a day that has a straw has been the easiest for me. Add some lemon juice or fresh fruit to make it fun.
  • This is a daily struggle for me as we'll. I have definitely upped my intake and try to make it a priority, but i feel like it's physically impossible for me to drink 8-10 glasses.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been having a tough time too. I'm sure I don't get enough, but 3-4 cups definitely is no where near what you need. It's good for baby, your stretching skin's elasticity, to avoid BH contractions, and just in general. With summer being here, it's so easy to get dehydrated!

Trying adding fruit or cucumbers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• It's so important to get as much water as you can! Just make sure you always have a full cup by you, and I find that having a full one always helps me drink. I have a 24 oz tumbler at home that I always keep full and will always immediately fill it up.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • ZAP12ZAP12 member
    A lot of doctors are now saying fluids instead of water. I couldn't keep water down my first pregnancy and they told me any liquid was ok, so soup, Gatorade, pedialyte, juice, watermelon, etc all count as well as water. Obviously water is the best, but maybe try adding more fluids in general.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • rspirrspir member
    Thanks for the advice everyone!!! <3
  • MeganK81410MeganK81410 member
    edited July 2014
    I echo the suggestion of adding fruit! I add cucumber, lemon, and a few fresh mint leaves to mine. It sounds strange, but I swear it's delicious! Once your body adjusts to the increased water intake you won't have to pee every 10 seconds. Maybe just every 15 thanks to the tiny human sitting on your bladder ;)

ETA: typing too fast with autocorrect never ends well

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Add chunks/slices of watermelon to your water! It's deliciousness!! Lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• I drink at least 4L of water per day. I like it iced cold, and find that I get nauseous if it's not. Popsicles are a great way of adding fluids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"