Baby Names

Girl name ideas...

kwikwi8181kwikwi8181 member
edited July 2014 in Baby Names
Here are a few names we have been kicking around.....what do you think? Last name starts with M. Middle name to be decided. Probably a family name.

Girl name ideas... 189 votes

MacKenzie
11% 21 votes
Kelsey
55% 105 votes
Kylie
25% 48 votes
Kaylee
7% 15 votes

Re: Girl name ideas...

• Kelsey if I had to. 

Have you considered Keeley?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • If a gun was to my head I'd choose Kelsey but honestly I don't care for any of them.

• Also, just something to think of Mackenzie is one of those "son of..." Names. Even though it's now used in girls, it's a boy name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kelsey by default.

What about Kirsteen?

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't like any but Kelsey is the best. Other ideas-

Brenna, Chelsea, Carys, Piper, Hadley, Maeve, Paige, Farah, Lilah, Blair, Darcy
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• I can't vote.
    How about Kelly?
  • I don't like any of them.
  • These are not my style for the reasons listed above, but I think Kelsey is the best.

I second the recommendations of Kendra, Kelly, or Chelsea. They seem to have the style/sound you're looking for but still allow for growth into a professional woman.

• I don't like any......
  • None of them.  How about Kelia?  (KEEL-ee-yah is how my friend with the name used to say it)
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• Ehhh...Kelsey by default. The rest are not good-trendy and/or too cutesy for my taste.

My favorite girl K names are Kiera and Katherine/nn Kate, though I prefer Catherine.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How about Calla?  Cara?  Carly?  Cassie (nn for Cassandra)?
  • Kelsey is the best out of those options. I agree with others that have suggested Kyla or Katherine (nn Kate). Other suggestions: Mila, Chloe, Ava, Claire.
  • neverblushedneverblushed member
    edited July 2014
    Just an FYI -- all 4 of these names are EXTREMELY popular/trendy names for girls who are around my kids' ages: 14 and 10.  ETA:  Both of my kids have always had at least one Kylee/Kaylee/Kaylie/Makayla/MacKenzie/Kenzie in their classes every year.  Honestly, it's usually a little white trash kid, to boot.

Is there anything worse than jumping on a trendy name that's now become a dated, trashy, and formerly trendy name?
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Kelsey. Not a fan of names with the -ee at the end.
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • One of my niece's name is Kayleen and we have always called her Kayli. She has a more mature/adult name to fall back on if she ever gets sick of Kayli, but she will forever be Kayli to me ;)
  • I'm with everyone else but will toss Calista (NN Callie if you like a sweet, cute name) and Kaia out as a suggestions as well.

• you definitely need a none choice
  • I like Kylie not a fan of Kaylee but I know a Kelsey who is extremely creative and very very talented and she's going to do great things so it has a very positive connotation for me
  • kwikwi8181kwikwi8181 member
    edited July 2014
    Wow. Thanks for the brutal honesty. I'm glad I didn't put my own name In there or I would want to kill myself.
    Most of the suggestions that were given were just as hideous as the horrible moniker I was about to give me daughter. I'm glad no one told me how they "really" felt. I appreciate honesty-but all the. "OH MY GOD NO NO NO! " posts could have been skipped or worded differently. Sorry I asked
  • I am an adult Kaylee and I have often thought my name was childish. I think part of it is because the name became popular when I was older so I only know of 1 other that is my age and like 1000 that are 15 or younger.

I like Katie or Kate though.
    Mommy to Hudson Michael-due 1/25/12-born 11/6/11 image.
  • I like them all! But out of all, I like Kylie the best. There are so many variations of Kaylee that were in my graduating class but still think it's a pretty name.
    BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

• I have two friends my age named Kelsey, so I disagree that it's childish. However the others I really don't like.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• My advice to you would be to try to take the things said here with a grain of salt. I know it can be hard to hear not-so-nice things about a name that you might be in love with. But, this board is full of brutal honesty, and I agree that some people could use a little more tact, but unfortunately, in public (especially on the internet), people communicate differently. There will always be someone who loves a name and someone who hates it. There is not one name that all people love. I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt here.
  • I totally understand that I will get honest feedback. What I didn't care for were some of the ruder comments telling me how awful the names were. There were a few posters who were more than honest, they were downright mean. Many of the names that were suggested were horrible IMO but I chose not to fight back. I do appreciate those who gave me constructive feedback and will definitely take it into consideration. For those that were rude, I hope u realize that comments can be hurtful and there may be better ways to let me know ( because afterall I did ask) that the names on my list are not a lot of people's idea of great. Thanks to all. Sorry if I was whiney. Had a bad day and it all hit me wrong.
  • What do you like about the names you are considering?  Is it the sound of the names (the 'K' start, the 'ee' end, etc)?  What do you think the names represent (feminine, maturity, etc)?  

Just trying to get a sense of what you like in a name that might help with other suggestions.  Are there any names that pp's suggested that you kind of like or that are on the right track with your style?  
  • Kylie. I know an adult Kylie in her 30's and I don't see it as childish.  My friend just had a daughter names Mackenzie and I had no idea it meant son of.  Pick what you like and you think your child dislike when he/she is older.  I don't love my name but it was what I was given.  To me my name is boring.  
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • I'm sorry, which comments were "downright mean" because I'm struggling to find one

• I couldn't vote, sorry.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Kelsey's all right.  NMS but okay.  Mackenzie sounds boyish to me, I don't care how many girls there are named Mackenzie.  As for Kylie and Kaylee, I'm sorry, but they honestly do sound really juvenile to me.  Since your daughter will spend more time as an adult than a child, I think it's important to choose a name that will age well.

FWIW, the majority of people on this board are not the type to be fans of the names you like (there is more variety in taste here than people give us credit for, but there is a personality to the group), so out there in the real world, you'll probably find more love for them.  On the other hand, you dealt just as good as you got (better even, because nobody used the words you used) when you called everyone else's suggestions hideous and horrible when the people who offered them were trying to be helpful and give you some ideas based on what you like.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I voted MacKenzie. I disagree with many people in suaying that they are all juvenile. I grew up with girls of all of those names and their names fit them just fine as they became mature adults. I think Mackenzie is cute and has lots of cute nickname choices.
  • desireearieldesireeariel member
    edited July 2014
    I absolutely love the name Mackenzie :) my SO and I are using it if we have a girl (finding out on the 25th!). Mackenzie Rose :)

Edit: Kylie is also a sweet name! I know a Kylie and she carries the name very well as an adult now.
  • yeah.yeah. member
    Well, when you post asking opinions of awful names, you get a lot of "these names suck". 
  • None of your names are my style, but they are fine, with the exception of Mackenzie, which is boyish but, more to the point, just overdone. I voted Kaylee. Did you consider Kayla? GL!

• idontevenknowidontevenknow member
    edited July 2014
    I voted for Kaylee because my 11 year old is named Kayleigh and I think it will age with her just fine... like Cora and Emily were/are "old lady names", they are once again baby names.  When my Kayleigh is 80 with a million other Kaylee/Kaylie/Kayleigh's above the age of 60- no one will think it's juvenile. ETA my daughter is not white trash, as a previous poster has classified her name into. SMH. Some of the things I see on TB are outrageous. I think a lot of women get some huevos and say shit that they would normally keep to themselves in person/if they REALLY knew who they were talking to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"