April 2013 Moms

Mom's that are TTC come in!

We are TTC and although I have been tracking my ovulation, no luck yet.   We are now in the month of July which is when we conceived DS.  Are you all continuing to TTC are you skipping a month in concern that they may be born around same time as our A13 babies?  Whats everyone's plan? Am I the only crazy one thinking about this?

I think I am going to continue to TTC because I am  crazy fearful that I will never get pregnant again and somehow DS is my miracle baby :(
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Mom's that are TTC come in!

• Loading the player...
  • When TTC Fin I had the same thoughts about skipping a month to avoid a December birth month.  Not quite the same reasoning but a friend told me if you skip it and have a really hard time getting pregnant you will always wonder if that would have been the month, so we kept at it.
    imageimageimage
  • I wouldn't skip a month. It took us 2 years to conceive. A month is a long time to "waste"...for me anyway. My SIL has four kids...all their birthdays are in september within two weeks (3 within 4 days!!). And their fourth was a complete surprise. They joke they will never have sex in December again! lol. Difficult to imagine what their life had of been like if they decided to plan around having bdays in the same month. 
    Married July 2008.  TTC 2010.
    Stephen James born 4/24/13 after 27 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of pushing!
    Due with #2   4/16/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was born on my brother's 1st bday. I had no problem with it growing up. Don't wait a cycle. Go for it.
    If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give 'em a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.-Douglas Adams
  • Waiting until after this month strictly because I'm waiting until after my appointment on Monday. Good thing too because I didn't ovulate this month. My temps are all over the place. I would have no concerns about having 2 April babies though. You can throw one birthday party for both of them. :) and our kiddos are so young that even if you were in the hospital or DDs birthday, she wouldn't know any different.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Since My husband is working now and everything is falling back into place we are talking about TTC. I just had my preconception check up last week but I want to skip July honestly for your reasoning.

• AisakAisak member

I wouldn't skip a month. It took us 2 years to conceive. A month is a long time to "waste"...for me anyway. 

This. It took 2 years, surgery and 2 IUIs the first time. I've just started using my fertility monitor again and opks. We will be officially trying this month. I've had my cycle back since 8 months pp but we wanted me to be back to work for a while (just bought a new house). I'm 35 so the OB says if not pregnant in 3 to 6 months they will refer me back to the RE.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been thinking about this so much lately!! I think we will start trying next month. That way if they were a month apart we could choose to have 1 party or split it up. I would probably do a joint party when they are little just because our families live out of town. Then once they were older and had friends from school they could have their own party.

imageimageimage

• I'm not skipping the month although I know DS was conceived in August since very little of the process was 'natural'. We are trying right now but I don't seriously think it will happen so I have an appt with infertility dr again next week to come up with a game plan for #2.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"