December 2014 Moms

Pregnancy Low Points (PLPs - this should be a thing)

Tl:dr I had three in the last week. I'm ashamed of myself for two of them. Gah.

Low Point One (this may be more because I'm PGAL)
So, last Monday we headed out of town for our beach vacation. That day I went through 12 hours of nausea and diarrhea (sorry, tmi!). I didn't think too much of it since I have IBS and it's not abnormal for me. Except when I'm pregnant when it usually goes into remission. Anyway, two nights later when I couldn't sleep I started obsessing about it and became convinced I had listeria. I had also eaten off a buffet the day before at a funeral so that ramped up my worry. Anyway...picture me in the middle of the night creeping downstairs with my Doppler so as not to wake my sleeping H and DS or my mom or sister. I laid on a bench on the landing of the entry way of the beach house in the dark and used my Doppler turned down really low. I still can't believe I did this. At least I found baby pretty quickly.

Low Point Two
Yesteray I went to a brunch buffet. With the memory of the previous weekend in mind I was trying to be a little more cautious. They had delicious fresh seafood on ice (cooked not raw) which I love! But, I decided to ask the wait staff if they could tell me when they brought a fresh bunch out so I could make sure and eat it when it was at its coldest and most fresh. I'm pretty sure I mortally offended them as they rushed to assure me that they would never serve anything but the freshest seafood at their establishment. I know! Which is why I'm eating it in the first place! So embarrassed. I felt like a lunatic pregnant woman.

Low Point Three
Yesterday when that ridiculous woman said I was so big and asked me if I was sure it wasn't twins. No, you horrible person, I'm just a walrus. A big beached one.

So, I'm going to ask at my next OB appt about the getting sick. I really do think it may have been food poisoning of some sort which scares me but there's nothing I can do about it now. Ive been using common sense with what I eat in genral and not being paranoid up until that stupid incident. Other than that, I just have to hope that I can calm my mind down a little.

Please tell me I'm not alone in being ridiculous!
Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: Pregnancy Low Points (PLPs - this should be a thing)

• I had a pregnancy low point near the beginning, in the first month sometime - I had the hugest craving for Pizza Hut, got a slice, and started inhaling it. Something crunched, but the pizza was so fabulous that I kept on eating...then when the piece was gone, I noticed a tine was also missing from the ghetto plastic to-go fork they give you. That was the crunch....I ate part of the fork. Then I started worrying that the spiky little piece of plastic would worm its way into my stomach, and somehow puncture the uterus, and in a fit of crazy, I actually called my doctor's office to ask about it. Most embarrassing call ever :)

Oh my gosh! This makes me feel much better!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Loading the player...
  • My low point was when I was like 8 weeks. A bloated preggo. I used my blump to cut in line. Totally didnt see (or chose not to see) the other ppl waiting in line to use the amusement park bathroom. Ran right in. When i got side eyes on the way out, I lifted my sweatshirt (yes, yes i did) to show my blump and said "i really had to go". Shameful. Seriously shameful.
  • JulieSC81 said:
    My low point was when I was like 8 weeks. A bloated preggo. I used my blump to cut in line. Totally didnt see (or chose not to see) the other ppl waiting in line to use the amusement park bathroom. Ran right in. When i got side eyes on the way out, I lifted my sweatshirt (yes, yes i did) to show my blump and said "i really had to go". Shameful. Seriously shameful.
    I wish I had the guts to show people my blump!

December 2014 July Siggy Challenge - Favorite Vacation Spot: Greece

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

PitaPata Horse tickers

• @yellowroseFRA‌ , i was in a state of panic ;). I would never be so rude and the side eyes made me uncomfortable. My own jaw dropped at my actions X_X
  • Being pregnant is clearly just difficult in general, and I bet everyone does something at least once that they would never have imagined possible beforehand!

December 2014 July Siggy Challenge - Favorite Vacation Spot: Greece

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

PitaPata Horse tickers

• @JulieSC81‌ and @ninee88‌ - you both make me feel better, too. Thx!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• PLP: craving a bean burrito from taco bell last night and then pooping all day today. I don't even want to sit down anymore...ouch. No quiero Taco Bell.

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• I've had a random bought of diarrhea these last two days too. I have no idea why! I haven't eaten anything weird or unusual.

My low point so far was when I fell running last week. I really banged up my knee and shoulder. I was out of town and a few blocks from my hotel. I just sat on the sidewalk crying with a bloody knee and shoulder, then had to walk back like that with people asking if I was ok. (I was, it just shook me. Also I now carry money for a cab in case this happens again.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Low point- i'm almost 16 weeks 5 '5 and 154 lbs. Since guy driving by while I was checking the mail called me a hippo. I hate people more and more every day
  • Drinking pickle juice directly from the pickle jar. 

Test
  • BrainCellSupBrainCellSup member
    edited July 2014
    I just want to say that's horrible @nevah18‌ --I gasped out loud when I read that. I hate people on your behalf!
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• nevah18 said:
    Low point- i'm almost 16 weeks 5 '5 and 154 lbs. Since guy driving by while I was checking the mail called me a hippo. I hate people more and more every day

holy crap! That is terrible. What a jerk.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• @colliebabe‌ - I'm sorry! That sounds horrible.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• agsgrrlagsgrrl member
    edited July 2014
    @Cheekers2010‌ hey off subject a little but do you feel a bit of relief from the IBS while being pregnant?
    Edit: somehow I missed the remission part.. Long day :)
  • agsgrrl said:
    @Cheekers2010‌ hey off subject a little but do you feel a bit of relief from the IBS while being pregnant? Edit: somehow I missed the remission part.. Long day :)

Hey! Yes. I usually don't experience any of my usual problems while pregnant. It's a nice break.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• agsgrrl said:

@Cheekers2010‌ hey off subject a little but do you feel a bit of relief from the IBS while being pregnant?
    Edit: somehow I missed the remission part.. Long day :)

Hey! Yes. I usually don't experience any of my usual problems while pregnant. It's a nice break.

Me too! I was about to start going through testing for things like Crohns and such & the doc said get insurance and see me again in 4 weeks. I came back with insurance and a lil something else :) my symptoms have calmed down so much. I refuse to complain about the slowed digestive system :D
  • agsgrrl said:
    agsgrrl said:
    @Cheekers2010‌ hey off subject a little but do you feel a bit of relief from the IBS while being pregnant? Edit: somehow I missed the remission part.. Long day :)

Me too! I was about to start going through testing for things like Crohns and such & the doc said get insurance and see me again in 4 weeks. I came back with insurance and a lil something else :) my symptoms have calmed down so much. I refuse to complain about the slowed digestive system :D

Ha ha! I know right. I think I'm closer to "normal " while pregnant.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"