January 2014 Moms

Infant scratching and pinching

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Infant scratching and pinching

• Is she waking in the MOTN BECAUSE she's pinching or.....?

DD claws the shit out of my face bc she doesn't have the whole "be nice" thing down yet. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Scratching, pinching, grabbing hair and glasses and earrings.  You name it and LO is doing it.  I just keep her nails trimmed as best as I can and hold her hands when she is feeding to try to minimize the damage.  Her new this this past week is biting while nursing - SO FUN!

• I haven't tried this, but I've heard that wearing a special necklace or scarf just during nursing can give LO something to focus on and touch/scratch/feel. Almost like a lovey that mommy wears. It's worth a try!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS has to stroke my hair and pull it while hes eating. He loves to pinch and scratch my face and bite my hands.
  • I think that's pretty normal. They don't know better. And a lot of babies still are not sleeping through the night.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Scratching, pinching, grabbing hair and glasses and earrings.  You name it and LO is doing it.  I just keep her nails trimmed as best as I can and hold her hands when she is feeding to try to minimize the damage.  Her new this this past week is biting while nursing - SO FUN!

All of this, except for the biting while nursing.

• LO scratches the CRAP out of the back of my arm every time she eats! It hurts! I have scratches and scabs on my left arm. I try to keep her hands in front of me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"