April 2013 Moms
Options

Twin cities peeps

@JSS1002, @Kate_C, MKC12/22/2006, @Grace0609, @arschm02‌

I asked for some short vacation ideas a month and a half ago, and you guys offered some great suggestions.  We decided to take your advice and are heading to Brainerd and are staying at a little cabin resort type of place.  I'm pretty pumped.  One more MN question:  we are spending a bit of time in the MN/SP area, but not much time....basically an afternoon and however much of the next day we want to spend before heading to Brainerd.  I wanted to visit something(s) fun with Sawyer there.  Do you have any suggestions of cool fun places to take a 15 month old?  We are staying overnight in Chanhassen (with a friend...I haven't looked where that is in relation to anything yet), but are open to anything and anywhere within reasonable driving distance.  We come from a smaller city in Iowa, so just about anything will be cool to us.

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Twin cities peeps

• Options
    My parents live in a neighboring city to chanhassen. Not a ton to do there that's is unique to mn, but if you feel like venturing into MPLS I can offer some suggestions! Is he walking yet?

What resort did you end up at? Brainard is beautiful!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Venturing into the city is fine! We have time to bum around.  He is walking...not running yet, but he's pretty stable getting around.

I don't think it's a resort, exactly...it looks like 8 cabins and a bar on a beach :). It's called paradise shores resort.  It had the look of being rustic (we weren't looking for super swanky) but not super sketchy.   Hopefully it'll work out.

I've never heard of Brainerd before you mentioned it, so I'm excited!  Everyone we mention it to says something about Paul bunya land.  

Not that I'll get to use it much, but I'm downloading books on my kindle just hoping for some relaxing lake time.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw, hubby worked in Chanhassen up until 3 months ago. I would say Underwater World at Mall of America (actually I think it's called mn aquarium or something like that now). If you buy your tickets online, they're way cheaper. William loves it there!!! Also, we bought Will to the horse track in Shakopee (about 20 minutes from Chanhassen) on the 4th and he thought that was neat-- no idea if there will be races on that day. I also think Round Lake just got a sweet new splash pad. Round Lake is in Eden Prairie and is probably about a 5-10 minute drive from the hotels in Chanhassen.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    The arboretum is in Chaska and is beautiful. Excelsior is also right next to Chan and has a swimming beach, pier, and shops. Freeziac is a delicious frozen yogurt place in Eden Prairie- right on the Chan border. If I were bringing DS to the cities for a couple days, I'd try to do the MN Zoo, Science Museum, and Underwater Adventures. Have fun!!

• Options
    Oh yeah Canterbury in Shakopee would be super fun -- we go almost every Thursday (and just got back from ther today a few hours ago). Great suggestions above or if you do feel like going downtown / Minneapolis the minnehaha falls area and city lakes are beautiful!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and big thumbs up to Paul Bunyan land. I went there a lot as a kid!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Paradise Shores is great...I grew up in the Brainerd lakes area (Pequot Lakes), and I'm pretty familiar with almost all the resorts. You will have a great time.

Everyone had great suggestions...The splash pad at Round Lake park in Eden Prairie is really nice. I was just there last week with some girlfriends and our kiddos. We brought wine and appetizers and chatted at a picnic table while the kids played :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"