UO

July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: UO

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't been tanning in ages like 2 years but do have a good routine to get tan when I need to be tan...but unfortunately or fortunately being tan hasn't been a priority for me in the past 2 years ;)

Bonus: 

• Yep I'm also on team no tanning beds. I've used then before vacations and prom in the past but not anymore. Some people way over use then abd they look gross. I had a pre -cancerous more removed when I was 12 and now as an adult am super sun conscious. I'm blonde and fair and I'll embrace it.

No UO yet though, let me think!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Team no tanning beds here too. I haven't been in probably 10 years.
    I think the I'm so fancy song is stupid. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • simone711 said:

Speaking of tans - Claire has an amazing darker complexion (I am jealous). A few people have asked me if I have taken her tanning?????? @-) @-)

Seriously?!!! Um, no.

I love Claire's complexion! G got stuck with my pastie white skin lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MRads said:
    I've never even heard the Im So Fancy song and I have no idea who Iggy Azalea is.
    @MRads - the hook of it sounds like a Gwen Stefani song. And I thought that it was, until last week. I don't like it either.
  • MRadsMRads member
    ^ and yes I realize, get a new job. Only, it is easier for me than for the guys in the shop.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • I am also pale. Not blonde, and blotchy instead of freckles (the freckles just kinda all stuck together). My dad has my same complexion, and he was a surfer in South Africa in his younger years. So yeah, he's had a few gross blotches removed (thank god no cancer).

I don't object to taking some sun, but tanning beds ain't my thang.  I do enjoy basking.  Like at the beach or drinking something cold on the porch. :)

Also, fair people absorb vitamin D from low sunlight levels easier (which is why skin gets lighter further from the equator).  So I can see people with darker skin needing to absorb some artificial rays during the winter.

But I don't really believe in tanning for the sake of browning.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I do still go tanning in beds occasionally, but I'm team "everything in moderation". Going once every several weeks =/= crispy lobster dorito chick, lol. I also tend to tan rather than burn, so I am not as concerned as you pale ones. 

Corri has DH's complexion and gets tan when in the sun for 10 minutes. I remember the first summer she was in sunscreen, in the shade and under a hat and still had a tan...I got many a side eye, lol!
  • I'm not saying I don't get some sun but I do tend to protect my face the most as @BetsyD2010 said. I have tans lines from being at the beach and my moms pool but I'm definitely not brown.

My UO: Leaving or letting your cat outdoors should be illegal. It is in some places.
  • I hate when my cat gets out. I feel bad for outdoor kitties that are obviously neglected. I don't think letting them out if they have their natural defenses (claws) is too bad if done once in a while but having a strictly outdoor cat is no bueno. 
    My cat has been declawed because she was really destructive and wouldn't use a scratching post or pad. Keep your kitties indoors if you can. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Cfreymc said:
    I don't know if this is unpopular or not but...Supreme Court justices should have term limits. Every other government position of power does so I don't see why this is an exception.
    I feel like that would give other branches too much power. For example, if a democratic judge's term expires while a republican is in office, they may appoint someone with the opposite ideals as the current justice...no bueno. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • martyn17martyn17 member
    edited July 2014
    My cats growing up were indoor/outdoor cats-- they were welcome to go in and out as they pleased but we tried to make sure they were in for the night.  We had three.  One was kind of sweet and dopey and the poor boy did get hit by a car and died. The other two lived to be 20 and 22 and were very very happy, energetic kitties.  

I don't have cats now, but because of where I live, if I did, they would probably be inside only cats.  
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited July 2014

Cfreymc said:

I don't know if this is unpopular or not but...Supreme Court justices should have term limits. Every other government position of power does so I don't see why this is an exception.

I feel like that would give other branches too much power. For example, if a democratic judge's term expires while a republican is in office, they may appoint someone with the opposite ideals as the current justice...no bueno. 

--------------------------------------------------
    But this happens already?
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Cfreymc said:
    There aren't term limits on our senators or congressman. Yeah they have to be re-elected but that isn't a term limit. That's a term. A term limit would be a limit to two or three terms. I would LOVE term limits for our house and senate but they will never vote themselves out of a job. Ah, a girl can dream. 

Meimsx no more
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited July 2014
    Meimsx said:

Cfreymc said:

There aren't term limits on our senators or congressman. Yeah they have to be re-elected but that isn't a term limit. That's a term. A term limit would be a limit to two or three terms. I would LOVE term limits for our house and senate but they will never vote themselves out of a job. Ah, a girl can dream. 

-------------------------------------------------
    Oh yeah, duh. I do mean actual term limits for justices, not that they should have to be re-appointed or something. And I agree that there should be term limits for congressmen and senators too.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Cfreymc said:
    Cfreymc said:
    -------------------------------------------------- But this happens already?
    What do you mean? Justices retire on their own terms currently. If one happens to retire while the other party's president is in office, so be it, but that's THEIR decision, no one else's. 
  • edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This makes me ragey and I am so much closer to deciding to home school my kids. Grrrr.

Meimsx no more
  • Mamasighs said:
    This makes me ragey and I am so much closer to deciding to home school my kids. Grrrr.
    This is stupid. But nowhere indicative of how public education functions as a whole.
    There are just so many ridiculous stories (like they mentioned at the end of the article) that lead me to believe otherwise. I don't blame teachers for this mess. I blame the policies and the administrators. 

Meimsx no more
  • Mamasighs said:
    I support homeschooling only if a parent or homeschooling collective educates the child to either state or national standards, or even better - to IB standards. Basically some set of appropriate standard for the child's ability level. Like I've said before it can be very successful. But more often than not it isn't because it requires a large amount of discipline on the part of the parent and a high level of intellectual curiosity (broadly - not a specific subject) and maturity on the part of the student. It is a massive undertaking. I grow tired and irritated when I read "I'm just going to homeschool" as if anyone can do it. It's a tough, demanding full time job.
    I have no doubt of that and I take it very seriously. It's a decision I've been toying with for a few years for exactly those reasons. I don't say those things flippantly and I worry constantly whether or not I could do it correctly and provide my child with the right level of education. It can be done correctly and successfully and if I do home school I will do everything I can to make sure they are at or above the standards. I think most parents that home school try to do it for the right reasons as well. No one wants their children to be at a disadvantage. 
    Honestly, I'm a little put off by the fact that you would think I would take it so lightly. But that's my issue and not actually about you.

Meimsx no more
  • @meimsx I told my mom that I didn't think the government should have anything to do with marriage and she told me that it should be that way so that its official. I don't even know what that means. If you want to officially marry someone as part of your religion then you should go to your church and get married. Later on she said that the government should be involved to keep people who shouldn't get married from getting married. She meant gay people but didn't want to say that out loud. 8-|
    Aside from the tax incentives, there are other legal ways to go about things.
    I wonder if she would be for taking someone's license away that didn't take marriage seriously. Or if she is for denying a license to someone who has gotten a divorce. Other licenses are revoked. Why not a marriage license? 
    None of that makes sense right? So why issue a license in the first place?

Meimsx no more
  • You don't have to take a class to get married in the Mormon church but there are standards you have to live by in order to be married in the Mormon temple. You can't drink, you can't be sexually active before marriage, you have to attend our version of mass and take our version of communion, you have to pay your tithing. That's as basic as I can get. To just be civilly married there are very few requirements. 

Meimsx no more
  • NKaeding said:
    My UO: I am a morning person and would love to work 6-3.
    Those are my hours... LOVE it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Meimsx said:
    I have one somewhat controversial. I don't think the government should issue any marriage licenses at all. Why is our government involved in marriage at all? I shouldn't have to apply to love the person I love. I shouldn't have to get permission from the government to marry someone like I have to obtain permission to drive a car. 
    I know a lot of you are probably shocked by this because I'm a conservative but I know a lot of conservatives feel the same way. Government should stay out of my marriage and yes I realize there are tax incentives I would lose by saying that.
    Amen.  Afuckingmen.  Seriously.  Less government = greater freedoms for ALL.  Start the slow clap for @meimsx !

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"