April 2014 Moms

12 hours/12 weeks book

Ok I'm reading it- who has done this and who is thinking about it? Any thoughts? Good, bad, didn't work, best thing ever?

Re: 12 hours/12 weeks book

• I started reading it and got completely overwhelmed. It's not for me. I'm just following baby's cues for now and it's working well enough. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I read it and could never get DS to eat every 4 hours during the day, which is one of the requirements for getting the baby to sleep 12 hours at night.  I do like some of her principals.
  • I read it & implemented a schedule. My schedule is not perfect but it's working. I try to feed her every 4hrs (I FF). I'd say 90% of the time she is fine with that, sometimes she is just crying for food so I give in. Since I started this at 7wks (she is 13.5 now) she has been STTN with the exception of maybe 6 times where she has gotten up once to eat in the night or very early morning ( like 5/6am)
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• ambarnett1ambarnett1 member
    edited July 2014
    How do you get them to eat every 4 hours? Do you starve them initially to get them on that schedule?

Eta- I haven't read it yet, so I don't know how it wworks

• Never be sorry- love all the opinions! I'm overwhelmed too. I think very four hours is rough, no chance we are there yet. Id like to move her to a schedule that works for all of us.
  • Teresa1896Teresa1896 member
    edited July 2014
    Manipulating and starving a newborn baby so their sleep schedule is more convenient for you(not YOU, OP. Generic "you.") is just an ass-y thing to do.

(I obviously don't mean in the case of multiples, where you're trying to get them on the same schedule- that's just survival.)

Eat clarification.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• I read it and did a modified version with my first two. I would try to feed them as much as possible in one feeding. I would also sometimes give them an ounce or two in between if they seemed really hungry. I have been doing more on demand with this one, but don't think she is ready for any schedule just yet.
  • Not familiar with this but sleeping 12 hours overnight then feeding every 4 hours would only be 4 feedings a day, that does not seem like a lot to me.
  • Mine DS is 9 weeks and has put himself on an every 4 hour eating schedule

This is my daughter too. It actually had me worried at first that she might be too young to spread it out that much. Plus she's starting to sleep 6-7 hours a night. It doesn't seem like enough eating. I guess we will just have to see how it goes. I get nervous sometimes and feed her at 3 hours.
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"