October 2014 Moms

Running/Walking/Exercise Check In

This check in is to discuss how your workout regime is going and to ask questions regarding exercising during pregnancy. 

How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going? 

Any exciting news? Rants? 

GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? What new movie are you really wanting to see? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Me: 38 DH: 36
Married 8/27/2011
BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

Re: Running/Walking/Exercise Check In

• How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? 
    If you are still running, how is that going? I was able to get back to slow running this last week. I'm suffering SPD and had a few painful episodes the previous week so I was just walking but I decided to give running a try again, just very slowly, and it worked. I'm running 12 min miles, which I'm okay with at this point. I ran ran 3 days, did crossfit twice, and strength training twice. 

We are going on out of town on Thursday so I'll probably only get 3 days in this week. I'm trying to make them full hour workouts so that I don't feel as guilty not working out the rest of the week. 

GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? What new movie are you really wanting to see?  After I posted the questions, I realized there are too many recent movies I have really liked... The Lego Movie, Captain Phillips (new to me), Ender's Game are among the best. And I'm really wanting to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• Glas43Glas43 member
    How are the wrkouts going?
    Good still doing CrossFit 3-4 times a week and still doing well with it.

Exciting news? Rants/Raves?
    Nothing really. Going up morth with family this weekend and next doc appy July 7.

GRKY: movies?
    I watched Loan Survivor. I read the book prior and watched the movie. So good but i cried like uncontrollably the whole time thinking of all the stories out there like that that go untold of the men and woman giving the ultimate sacrafice!
  • Loading the player...
  • How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going? 
    Okay - its been hot and humid and that makes it tough for me to run- so doing indoor strength training DVDs - which I don't like as much,but its something. I didn't do anything yesterday as was on my feet most of the day organizing stuff around the house, doing lots of bending over and moving things and I find when I have a day like that - I'm more wiped out than I used to be (pregnancy weight and all I guess) and don't have much left for workouts.

Any exciting news? Rants?  Nothing really. Just a typical week. Maybe that baby is kicking a lot more and that makes me happy.

GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? I haven't seen a lot of movies recently so will take something DH and I finally watched a few weeks ago- Django Unchained - really quite a good movie. What new movie are you really wanting to see? I don't have anything in particular on the agenda. I love movies, but we tend to catch them as they come up versus going out of our way to find them.

Lilypie - (urRB)

• MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I've been pretty sick for the past week, and haven't been able to eat much, so my workouts haven't amounted to much more than walking the dog and doing yoga.

I guess my exciting news is that my stomach felt pretty good this afternoon and I ate dinner without it giving me much grief. We'll see if it wakes me up in a few hours, though.

I don't have a good movie to recommend right now, but I have one worth warning everyone away from: Another Earth. It is painfully over-directed and full of badness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I want to do some type of running but I'm scared!
  • Walking has been going pretty well. FI and I take about a half hour walk every M,W, and F evening. Sometimes longer when we replace our walks with errands like grocery shopping. Saturday was Hoopfest and I was on my feet on and off from 11-6 and I did pretty well!

Movie? Saw How to Train Your Dragon 2, was a pretty good one! I can't wait for Mockingjay, even though that's pretty far out.
  • I want to do some type of running but I'm scared!
    Just go for it! Your body will let you know if it's a bad idea. ;)
    Married 8/27/2011

• How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going? 

I'm not running anymore (except for maybe once every other week) due to pelvic pain, but I'm still exercising 5-6 days/week.  I teach group fitness classes 3x/week and do my own workouts on the other days.  Some moves are starting to get uncomfortable, but I'm still putting the time in!

I'm starting PiYo on Monday!  I can't wait!

GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? What new movie are you really wanting to see? 

I haven't seen a movie in a LONG time!  Don't even know what's out right now.
  • lg1188lg1188 member
    How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going? I have mostly transitioned from the treadmill to the elliptical over the past few weeks and that's been going well. When I do run, it's been OK, but I notice the weight of my belly a lot more. Also keeping up with light strength training (mostly arms) and daily walks with my DH and dog.

Exciting: I did my baby registry last week, which was fun!
    Rants: Am I the only one who needs to pee so often, it's hard to get through a work out?! And a full bladder seems to equal real discomfort at this point, so it's hard to push through it!

It was a Redbox rental, but About Time was a great movie-highly recommend it! I want to see The Fault in Our Stars, loved the book. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going?  Walks are still going well.  I haven't been on the stationary bike at all because it's been so warm in the house.  Still doing Zumba once a week and so far, so good!

Any exciting news? Rants?  Nothing too big lately.  My H just build DS his big boy bed frame and the mattress is on order, so as soon as we get that in, we can move the crib and start working on putting the nursery together.

GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? What new movie are you really wanting to see?  Um, I don't even remember the last new movie I've seen.  I really want to see "How To Train Your Dragon 2" 

image              image
  • How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going? I miss running. I was just getting back into the c25k when I got pregnant and lost all energy. I was up to running 5 minute stretches (huge for me) when we miscarried in November. Now I'm just walking about 4-6 nights a week with DS in the stroller.
    Any exciting news? Rants? My boobs are normally huge, and now they are even more huge. I need new sports bras, but I'm so cheap.
    GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? What new movie are you really wanting to see? We just watched Pacific Rim, and I thought it was pretty good. So long. But I love me some Jax!! Ooooh he's so pretty. I have no idea what's out right now.. we're one of those pathetic couples that never has a date without DS.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well I'm reporting back after being scared to run...

I ended up having to run at work to save a life, and I survived. After a few (and by few I mean many) swift kicks and body rolls showing her appreciation or lack there of for the commotion...I'm ok! Yay! There might be some more running in my future after all..
  • How were your runs/walks/exercise this past week? If you are still running, how is that going?  I have been doing an exercise video specifically for pregnancy since April.  I missed a few days this week due to going on vacation, but I was pretty active swimming around in the ocean and pool.  Is anyone riding a bike still?  My parents are going to the beach in two weeks and I plan on going with them.  I have been to this particular beach multiple times and it's even where I first learned to ride my bike with no training wheels.  We usually ride our bikes everywhere and I wondered if it would be safe for me to do so or if I should just stay behind.  I haven't ridden my bike in months (even before pregnancy).
    Any exciting news? Rants? First shower this week!
    GTKY: What is the best movie you have seen recently? What new movie are you really wanting to see? My husband wants to go see Tammy.  I think I might enjoy it too.
  • I really want to get back into regular exercising, but I'm struggling with being short of breath/faint/dizzy a lot lately. My heart races when I'm just sitting, so I'm worried about trying anything more strenuous than walking. I really miss running.

DH and I do often walk home from work, which is three miles, so at least there's that. 

Not to hijack, but if anyone has good recommendations for in-home pregnancy fitness DVDs, I'd love to know what those are. I'm thinking I may be able to manage those.

My rant is that there are so few good movies anymore! I really liked The Butler, and I agree with the PP re: Lone Survivor. Heartbreaking to know that that's a true story.  

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"