December 2014 Moms

Coconut oil for lotion?

I was researching best or most liked lotions pregnant women have used & came across someone saying they use coconut oil for their belly, hips, upper thighs. Lots of moisture & sometimes helps with stretch marks. Since I already have some in my pantry I got to thinking about trying it out but wondered has anyone used it before or heard of this?

Re: Coconut oil for lotion?

• I use it all the time.. It's an oil so it gets on everything if your skin is dry when you apply it.  I don't know if it works for stretchmarks, but it's moisturizing, natural and makes you smell like a pina colada.  
  • The only time I put it on skin was my dd. I was commenting to my friend after Lo's swim class that dd had a rash that nothing was getting rid of. Only prescription hydrocortisone and I was tired of lathering a chemical all over her. (Eczema). Some woman said to use CO. BIG mistake. Poor dd ended up itching so bad that I had to give her another bath right away. So might not be good for all skin issues?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Loading the player...
  • I love it!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Coconut oil is my jam! I get teased for seeing it as a solution for everything. :) My favorite use is as makeup remover. 
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• perfectlove09perfectlove09 member
    edited June 2014
    Www.deliciousobsessions.com
    God I hate mobile bumping.
    Above is a link with 52 uses for coconut oil. I realize the name above may not lead you to believe that lol
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • The only time I put it on skin was my dd. I was commenting to my friend after Lo's swim class that dd had a rash that nothing was getting rid of. Only prescription hydrocortisone and I was tired of lathering a chemical all over her. (Eczema). Some woman said to use CO. BIG mistake. Poor dd ended up itching so bad that I had to give her another bath right away. So might not be good for all skin issues?

This happens to me as well. For some reason, CO is not moisturizing at.all. for me. It actually makes my skin feel even drier and never absorbs. I like to add avocado oil to my regular lotion for an extra boost.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I love the sound of this!!  I used to have a coconut body butter from Bath and Body works or one of those stores (i always get them confused).   I loved it!!!    The smell can be a little overbearing for daytime but at night I would lather up in that and was sooo soft.  So glad I came across this thread today.  I am going to get some coconut oil.  Thanks!
  • I use Coconut Oil as a moisturizer as well. The best way I've found is to keep it in your shower, once you've shampooed and soaped, and rinsed everything off, take a nice heaping tea spoon of coconut oil in your palms and apply it to your whole body (while in the shower) and then rinse off, without scrubbing just before getting out of the shower. Gently towel dry (don't rub) and it should stay on your skin without feeling greasy. The skin on my abdomen and back get super dry and itchy during pregnancy, and doing this daily definitely gets rid of that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I heard BioOil is great for your skin/stretch marks
  • I use Coconut Oil as a moisturizer as well. The best way I've found is to keep it in your shower, once you've shampooed and soaped, and rinsed everything off, take a nice heaping tea spoon of coconut oil in your palms and apply it to your whole body (while in the shower) and then rinse off, without scrubbing just before getting out of the shower. Gently towel dry (don't rub) and it should stay on your skin without feeling greasy. The skin on my abdomen and back get super dry and itchy during pregnancy, and doing this daily definitely gets rid of that!
    This is exactly what I do and I love it! It works so well for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This is exactly what I do and I love it! It works so well for me.

Stupid question... Could you just leave it on?
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Eora3Eora3 member
    Sometimes coconut oil can be a little drying for me. I use grape seed oil for my belly. It doesn't clog pores but really gives a good amount of moisture. Most expensive luxury brand face lotions use it as an ingredient. It isn't too expensive either. Just be sure to get the cold pressed so you don't lose all the nutrients.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"