February 2015 Moms
Options

5 pregnancy sticks, all PREGANT, terrified!!!!

Boobin040910Boobin040910 member
edited June 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Took 5 tests yesterday, all pregnant. I was two weeks late on my period. My husband and I were not expecting this and kind of not wanting it. I'm so scared. Trying to set up an appt with a doc now, been on hold for an hour. I'm halfway thru nursing school and my husband works out of state most of the year. Did I mention I'm totally freaking out?

Re: 5 pregnancy sticks, all PREGANT, terrified!!!!

• Options
    Deep breathes! It will be okay. You just need time to get used to the idea. There's no going back at this point anyway.
  • Options
    Take it one day at a time. A lot of People are not full prepared for their first or even the children following. Everything will work out in the end, just a little sooner then you had thought. Also just a friendly reminder to try and be mindful of the ladies on this board that have been trying for years to get pregnant. Welcome to the group there is a lot of good advice and support here. Hope you can get in to see you OB soon and everything moves along smoothly:)
    TTC 31\2 years
    20 medicated cycles of some kind, 8 failed IUIs (every med combo possible) 
    5/14/14 IVF # 1, 6dp5dt BFP,  
    Betas 8dp5dt- 67, 14dp -670, 17dp -1761, 20dp-4858, 27dp-28,800
    6/11/14 6w3d Twins!!! - EDD Feb 1st

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks a bunch ladies.
  • Options
    It's easy to be scared now.......but once you meet your little one, it all seems to melt away. And you find a way to deal. 

I had to travel a TON with DD #1 and I learned how to smuggle a pump and breast milk through security. And having a LO might even make you more disciplined in your studies. Maybe you can even take some summer school classes to put you further ahead. 

Once you get over the freak out period, you will enter the uber planner period =) Good luck and we are all here to help you.
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still in Pharmacy school and my hubby and I are expecting our first as well. Ours wasn't planned either, but I knew the minute we found out, I didn't want to give it up. Everything will be ok, the first two weeks after learning that you're pregnant are the scariest because you don't know what to expect, you're scared that you're not ready or that you won't be able to handle it, you're afraid of how drastic your life is going to change, and you're still getting used to the fact that you are growing a little person inside of you. Trust me, I get it. I went through all the freak outs, asked myself all the questions, and even doubted my ability to handle the pregnancy in general. But you know what, once those first two weeks are over, and you've had time to actually process what you're feeling and the fact that you are pregnant; you're going to feel differently and by then you'll want to go through with the pregnancy. Just give it some time and try to remain as calm as possible. :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We just got a surprise BFP ourselves. It is our third child but we weren't planning on a third for a few years (our boys are 3 and 1). We just found out not even a week ago and I'm all ready starting to calm down and like a pp said, plan! Sometimes life has surprises for you... For whatever reason it happened now. I am sure you will come around! best of luck!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    umbcptumbcpt member
    I was in physical therapy school when we found out about our first pregnancy. I was scared, but it was ok! Best wishes and congratulations!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Options
    I'm still in Pharmacy school and my hubby and I are expecting our first as well. Ours wasn't planned either, but I knew the minute we found out, I didn't want to give it up. Everything will be ok, the first two weeks after learning that you're pregnant are the scariest because you don't know what to expect, you're scared that you're not ready or that you won't be able to handle it, you're afraid of how drastic your life is going to change, and you're still getting used to the fact that you are growing a little person inside of you. Trust me, I get it. I went through all the freak outs, asked myself all the questions, and even doubted my ability to handle the pregnancy in general. But you know what, once those first two weeks are over, and you've had time to actually process what you're feeling and the fact that you are pregnant; you're going to feel differently and by then you'll want to go through with the pregnancy. Just give it some time and try to remain as calm as possible. :-)
    I so agree with this. We wanted to get pregnant and went through fertility treatment and I was still terrified when I actually got pregnant. It did get better after the first couple weeks, although I do still have moments where I freak out. 

Hang in there. Give yourself some time to breathe and get used to the idea. Then see if anything changes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    Our TTC Journey: Me: 39 (short luteal phase, hypothyroidism) DH: 41 (no problems)
    Pre-TTC: worked with a physician nutritionist on health improvement to naturally increase LP and get healthy.
    Cycles 1-9: Supplemented with progesterone during LP and acupuncture. All BFN's. 
    Cycle 10: switched to a new RE, medicated IUI and continued acupuncture. BFP! EDD: 2/5/15. Beta 1: 49; Beta 2: 151; Beta 3: 1878. 7w4d HB was 153. 
  • Options

Im a pharmacist! Just wanted to say good luck! What school ?

• Options
    Thank you all so much. I'm just trying to breathe!
  • Options
    WanderingAWanderingA member
    edited June 2014
    I'm in school as well and we got a surprise BFP with baby #2! We were going to wait until I had graduated to try for a second (out daughter is only 11 months) but after the initial shock I am elated! You can absolutely finish your degree with a baby, I've been going to school full-time (online) while juggling my daughter for a year now. Give it some time to sink in - congrats momma!

ETA for clarity...stupid mobile bump. 
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • Options

Im a pharmacist! Just wanted to say good luck! What school ?

Creighton University's distance program :-) I'm due to head there for my labs this term, in mid August!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I know what you're feeling.  This is baby #3 for us, and surprise #2. It is making life very complicated for us right now. We just got some bad news today that really cements the decisions we're making right now as really risky, and adding baby to the mix kind of makes me want to cry, because it shuts off a few of our options.

But take a deep breath and roll with it. It will work out ok in the end! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    You're not alone. DH and I were trying for 9 months before our positive tests, and I am still a little bit terrified. As a pp said, take a deep breath, and try not to freak. Welcome to the board. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options
    Just take it easy when theirs a will theirs a way. You can do it and your baby can serve as motivation :) Try to have a happy 9 months and good luck you can do it.
  • Options

So many in our nursing program got pg.  It's a challenge but do-able. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am also in nursing school but luckily I graduate in December. Pregnancy was definitely not planned but we are already so in love with the little nugget! Im am in summer school now which is extremely difficult because I have terrible morning sickness.. good luck with everything. Stuff will work out
  • Options
    Life tends to throw us curve balls. I wasn't planning nor ready relationship wise for children. That first week I was a wreck just because I hadn't planned on having children so soon. After it really sunk in I couldn't be more happy and excited for this time. Things will fall in to place and work out. And you definitely do want to be mindful of wording on these boards as not all women are able to conceive with such ease. There are a lot of women who really have to work at getting that joyful news. My friend was one and I was nervous about breaking the news to her simply because I was there through everything she went through. She is one woman I definitely look up to. She's been in nursing school full time and dealt with PCOS, fertility doctors, ovulation cycle, working full time, etc. Then while pregnant and even with a newborn still able to work and finish school. If she can do that I'm sure each and every one of us can do whatever our hearts desire. It will just take time, effort and some support. Good luck and congratulations on the news. Breathe and know things will be okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"