April 2014 Moms

Work-appropriate pumping clothing

Ok, I hate shopping for clothes. I hated it before and I hate it even more at this size when my boobs are so enormous they don't fit into ANYTHING I already own. I am going to be going back to work in 2 wks and don't want to spend the next 2 wks solid looking for clothing I can wear to work and not have to completely undress from to pump while at work. As such, I'm going to be doing some internet shopping and hope for the best.

So, help a girl out....please suggest any pumping-appropriate work clothing you've found recently that I could feasibly order online. My office is business casual. Thanks!

Re: Work-appropriate pumping clothing

• I found some deep v neck dresses at old navy that I'm loving. And I think I'll be rocking the two layers for a little bit till I figure it out.
  • Loading the player...
  • michaelad3michaelad3 member
    edited June 2014
    I just bought a couple shirts at Ross that have a stretchy neckline, so I can pull them down. Anything with a cowl neck would work. The ones I got have elastic necklines. An overlay v neck style would work. I'm not looking forward to trying to dress pump appropriate either. It's tough!

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work in a really casual office so I can't offer a ton of suggestions but I'm wearing a lot of tank tops with kimono cardigans over them. I use the Freemie collection cups so I just snap open my nursing bra and put the cups in and then snap it shut to hold them in place. I pump in a private office with a lock but I like feeling covered just in case. If you can't find anything that works the Freemie cups might be worth looking in to!
  • Haha I have no modesty. I will take my shirt completly off and put on a pumping bra and pump like that. then I will switch back to regular bra and put my shirt back on. sometimes I will wear my pumping bra all day and justpull  up my shirt.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Bra with built in hands free pump bra such as the dairy fairy Arden bra or LLLI bra. Such a time saver! But I wore scrubs so in not helpful other than that.
  • I wear a nursing bra and a shirt that can be pulled up.   Shirt comes up, I drop the cups of the nursing bra, and then put on a hands-free bra like Simple Wishes (just goes overtop of my pumping bra).  Then I can even pull my shirt part of the way back down so I don't feel quite so exposed.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ksulliksulli member
    I wear a nursing bra, cami and any top that fits. Then take off the outer layer to pump.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • rtv3 said:

Any shirts that you can pull up, you can wear with a nursing tank underneath. That's pretty much my plan - we'll see how it works :-P

This is exactly what I do and it works great.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I ordered two "undercovers" and two "top covers" from undercovermama.com & plan to get more. They've been working really well for me.
  • Button down shirts work well or cardigan over a tank. I am not a fan of the pulling up the shirt method, I always pull down the neck or unbutton the top instead.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just ordered every wrap dress from old navy. They were super cheap. This came after the realization that I would have to take most of my desses completely off! Eek!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"