February 2015 Moms

F15 Moms... What is the best part about delivering in February ?

2»

Re: F15 Moms... What is the best part about delivering in February ?

• Sorry if someone already said this:
    All the Christmas presents we will get for our baby this December. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Agree about cute maternity winter clothes. Part of the reason we started TTC when we did was to avoid a summer due date. I don't handle heat well and couldn't imagine being big and pregnant in 100 degree temps!
    Married 11.6.2010
    DS born 12.26.2012
    BFP 6.11.14 - EDD 2.25.15
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I love this thread! 

My favorite things....

1. Not being HUGELY pregnant when it's hot
    2. Leggings, sweaters, cozy dresses
    3. Christmas presents for baby :)
    4. As a teacher, I can run my maternity leave ALMOST up to the end of the year and into summer - I should only have to go back for like two weeks!
    @sugahcookie01 I'm a teacher as well and plan on doing the same thing!!
    Married: 9.29.12 
    BFP: 6.8.14
    EDD: 2.20.15
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Mego04Mego04 member

Thanks for this post. I was originally a little bummed about not being able to wear cute spring maternity clothes and having a winter birthday parties and stuff but I finally got my little one cooking and couldn't be happier. In the long run it doesn't matter one bit.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't mean for this to sound negative at all but having two kids already I have to say I am thankful to not have to deal with the newborn craziness during the holidays. DD2 was born in November and we ended up causing a lot of upset in the family when we were unable to make it to Thanksgiving. I knew I would still be recovering and told them in advance that we wouldn't be there but everyone was still disappointed. Christmas itself was fine but I was so sleep deprived and busy with DD2 that I didn't get to take DD1 to all of the Christmas festivities that I would've liked to before the actual day. I am thankful that I will still be pregnant at those times and am hoping for another smooth pregnancy so that I can enjoy the holidays with my girls.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mamabisme said:
    I don't mean for this to sound negative at all but having two kids already I have to say I am thankful to not have to deal with the newborn craziness during the holidays. DD2 was born in November and we ended up causing a lot of upset in the family when we were unable to make it to Thanksgiving. I knew I would still be recovering and told them in advance that we wouldn't be there but everyone was still disappointed. Christmas itself was fine but I was so sleep deprived and busy with DD2 that I didn't get to take DD1 to all of the Christmas festivities that I would've liked to before the actual day. I am thankful that I will still be pregnant at those times and am hoping for another smooth pregnancy so that I can enjoy the holidays with my girls.
    Actually, good point. My friend had her baby close to Christmas, and she forced herself to drive all over visiting family during the holidays when she really should have been sequestered at home with her newborn.
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • It's after the holidays, and before our (1 year) anniversary in April. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great thread. Things I love:
    - comfy warm maternity clothes that I can re wear from DD, who was an October baby.
    - late b day present for DH since DD was an early present for me (DH is 2/12, EDD is 2/23, I'm 10/17, DD is 10/8)
    - can't wait to announce to the extended family at the beginning of August. Thinking of doing it at my niece's b day party. She's turning 9 and will be so excited.
    - Turkey! So much turkey!
    - I'm not working any of the end of year holidays next year so I get to be there for all those firsts.
    Nurse (n.) the person who covers the doctor's gluteus maximus

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Feb 2015 June Siggy Challenge: Hardest thing to give up - margaritas!
    imageimage
  • DS was born early December.  I was exhausted and going through post-partum during Christmas so it wasn't very enjoyable. 

We were Team Green for #1 so we should be able to reuse most of the clothing since it will be similar weather.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine is that it will be cold outside...my body runs extra hot at the end if pregnancy.
  • jaztaz1 said:

smg2302 said:

Getting to pig out at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

LOL... we have to be pregnant to do that? My plus size ass never got that memo. 

I just want to wear Joey pants.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Best part I think for me will be the maternity leave to stay home and cuddle with a newborn I despise cold weather down to the bone and this week be a way to stay home and warm. The comfort foods and having a birthday in a month that is fairly light for family bdays. I come from a very large family so there really isn't a month that there isn't a birthday.

Maxi dress during summer to keep comfortable and the leggings/sweaters in the fall/winter.
  • I haven't gotten my official due date from the dr yet (appt thurs!), but I'm due feb 11. It's funny because everyone in my immediate family has birthdays within a day or two of holidays. Fits right in!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Winter nesting in comfy clothes!
  • With another February baby (DS was born 2/12/09) I found that the time just flew by with so many exciting things. The kids are both starting new schools in September, Halloween in October, thanksgiving, Christmas and you are just winding down from Christmas when it is our due month!

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am convinced our baby will be born on our wedding anniversary.  My due date is February 4 and our anniversary is February 8! That might be fun!
  • Im really looking forward to heading home and being really pregnant at Christmas time. No one in my family got to see me that far along last pregnancy. :) And that we are due in winter, but spring is right around the corner. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Maternity sweaters and leggings with boots, being inside with a snuggly newborn during the yuckiest part of winter and returning from my 12 week maternity leave to only one month left of school befote summer vacation! :)
    imageimageimage
    Anniversary              Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• thrilled to not be massively pregnant during these hot summer months!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) I now have a valid reason to not participate in the yearly airport challenge during holiday times.

2) Related to 1) I will not be guilted into visiting my cray-cray MIL. She's a hoarder, it's scary to stay at her place, but insists that we stay at her house cos she has "the best house in the US".

3) Thanksgiving and Christmas are MINE this year, I get to start my own tradition soon.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Due date for our first is around the 27th, so getting to reflect on the upcoming changes in our relationship/lives on Valentine's Day and spending the days in comfy warm clothes is definitely going to be a plus!
  • kgo124kgo124 member
    definitely agree that they'll be out of the newborn stage by the time summer comes around. by that time, I won't feel like we're missing out bc I'll feel more comfortable bringing them out when they're at least a few months old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"