February 2014 Moms

To Call or not to call Pedi

LO hasn't been eating as much, he just doesn't seem interested. His normal is about 30 oz/day, yesterday he ate maybe 24oz. In the mornings, he usually downs 6oz no problem, this morning I feel like I had to fight him to get 3oz down...

Do babies just have off days where they aren't as hungry? He doesn't have a fever, so I'm a bit at a loss.

Re: To Call or not to call Pedi

• My vote would be watch and give it just a little more time. My LO has days where he seems hungrier than others. I would see how he does throughout the day.
  • We went through something similar.  I would think about giving it 1 more day (but I tend to be wait and see).  

In the end when I did bring him to Dr., LO did have an infection, but  there wasn't anything we could do other than Tylenol if a fever developed.

((HUGS))  I know it can be stressful and if you find yourself really worrying go ahead and call.

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Loading the player...
  • Soap1Soap1 member
    I also vote watch and wait, unless there are other symptoms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies! I'll keep an eye on him. I might try moving him up to a size 2 like @armalan12‌ suggested.
  • I agree with waiting a day too. Maybe your DS is teething soon. If his gums are bothering him maybe that's why he's not eating as much. Hope all is well.
  • My LO is going through this too.  I did call the pedi and they said it could be reflux, but I also think it could be teething.  Do you think yours might be teething? 
  • I was just asking my sister about this for DD and she said the same thing happened to her DD whenever she was teething. as soon as the teeth popped through, the feedings went back to normal. keep an eye on it, make sure you're getting enough wet diapers, and give the faster flow a try!
  • I didn't even think about teething since DH and I didn't teeth until we were both closer to 1 year... he might be, he's been a drool monster this weekend, like drool dripping out of his mouth constantly
  • Ava is doing this too but she is just more interested in playing and looking around during the day then at night is when all the eating is happening. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CD7211 said:
    Ava is doing this too but she is just more interested in playing and looking around during the day then at night is when all the eating is happening. 

^this!!! W is downing about 12-14oz from the time she goes down until the time she wakes up. During the day, she's busy doing very important things (like talking, and eating her feet) and has less interest in bottles. 

I'd keep an eye on it, but it's normal for babies to go through phases just like we do.

• My pedi said it's only really a concern if she has less than half her normal.

Also, intake should really be looked at on a weekly basis. You can't tell much from 1-2 days if there are no other symptoms.

I didn't know this, thank you!
  • @KatyBriggs‌ he's on size 1, I'm fighting, in vain, to keep my two nursing sessions a day...
  • I'd definitely give it more than a day or two as long as he's still eating something and has no other symptoms.  You have not so hungry days, so I'm sure babies do, too!  I'm sure everything is okay!

• @cyclonewxchick understood. I hope it doesn't become an issue where you need to step up then! I forgot you were a combo feeder. I made the silly assumption of ff since you knew how many ounces LO was getting. As I used to combo feed, I see the error in this. Hopefully it's a one day fluke! GL!

No worries, I haven't been very vocal about how I feed LO :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"