Working Moms

Meal Plan Monday

What's everyone got planned this week.  Anyone have any special plans for Canada Day / Independence Day?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• jlaOKjlaOK member
    M - tacos
    T - BBQ chicken sandwhiches
    W - chicken pitas
    Th - spaghetti and chicken meatballs

mlee116 I made the sausage and rice skillet meal that you posted last week.  DH and I really liked it.  The kids were so-so about it (DS doesn't really like rice) but I thought it was really yummy.  Thanks for the suggestion.

View Full Size Image

• ss265ss265 member

I made this last night and I'm hoping that it will last for dinner today and tomorrow - https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Catherines-Spicy-Chicken-Soup/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chicken%20soup&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page&soid=sr_results_p1i2

M : Spicy chicken soup

T: Leftover spicy chicken soup

W: Spaghetti with meat sauce (sauce I made last weekend for lasagna and froze)

T: Leftover spaghetti

F: July 4th at SIL's house

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • massdreamsmassdreams member
    edited June 2014
    Monday - baked chicken thighs w/homemade bbq sauce (super easy and tasty), mashed sweet potatoes that are cooking in the crockpot, and fresh cherry tomatoes and snap peas from the garden

Tuesday - refried beans (made in crockpot during day) and cheese burritos, rice, corn on the cob

Wednesday - mom's night out for dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday, so DH and the boys will make some pizza and have that.

Thursday - Pasta night - undecided on the dish though. We need new ideas for pasta dishes!

Friday - 4th of July cookout at aunt and uncle's house. We're bringing corn bread and strawberry pie for our food contribution.
  • Love short holiday weeks...easy peasy!

Monday - Grilled chicken caesar salad

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday

Wednesday - Grilled Cheese

Thursday through Sunday - away for the weekend!  BBQs galore!

• We received our first Blue Apron box on Friday- not sure if any of you have tried this service, but it is amazing! They send you all you need with recipes for 3 meals serving two people which cost $59.95 (you can increase your serving size). Our grocery bill was much smaller this week as I only had to purchase the necessities and one dinner- so for us, this is favorable. Last night we made our first dish, it was amazing! It takes so much pressure off of me coming up with meal ideas and buying all the ingrediants (and wasting purchasing too much that is never used). Plus- all the meals are organic/healthy options!

Monday- salmon over couscous (Blue Apron)

Tuesday- lemon/pea risotto (Blue Apron)

Wednesday- hamburgers/sweet potato fries

Thursday- pizza (carry out)

Friday- next box of Blue Apron arrives, we'll be making chicken sliders w/ coleslaw & homemade pickles

Saturday- eat out

• Monday: tacos
    Tuesday: hot dogs, pasta salad, strawberries
    Wednesday: chicken fajita nachos
    Thursday: smoked sausage with rice
    Friday: undecided
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• ss265ss265 member
    Mon -- leftovers Tue -- dinner with parents Wed -- spaghetti & meatballs Thurs -- out Fri -- something grilled Sat -- crockpot jambalaya, https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/73634/colleens-slow-cooker-jambalaya?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=cajun+spice+slow+cooker&e8=Quick+Search&event10=1&e7=Home+Page&soid=sr_results_p1i2

@LibraryChica, let me know what you think of that jambalaya recipe. I have used it before and while it wasn't bad, it was just ok. I think we just don't like how the chicken and sausage taste after sitting in the slow cooker though.

• jc&catjc&cat member
    tas1883 said:

Monday-Mango Chicken via crock pot that we didn't have last week as I was out of chicken :(

Tuesday-Raviolis

Wednesday-Breakfast Burritos

Thursday-Weekend-OOT @ friends so tons of BBQing

@Tas183, is this by chance the recipe? I bookmarked it (I think from a Meal Plan thread) but didn't make it yet and sort of forgot https://www.onedishdinners.com/2011/09/slow-cooker-mango-chicken-recipe.html If not, can you share your recipe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jc&catjc&cat member

Yay short week!

M- Trader Joe's tilapia for kids, TJs Korean Short Ribs for us, corn on cob, mashed potatoes

T- Taco Tuesday!

W- Pasta and meatballs

T-F-- Away with family and trying to come up with some good sides to go with bbq food.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am traveling on Thurs so it's a light menu week. 

Monday- Leftover carne asada (shredded).  It will either be soft tacos or enchiladas.  
    Tuesday- roasted pork tenderloin, broccoli and succotash salad 
    Wednesday- hopefully leftover tenderloin (it's a big one) 
  • Sun- oven fried drumsticks, mashed potatoes, chickpea and feta salad
    M- Leftover chicken, couscous, chopped salad
    T- quesadillas
    W- meatball subs
    Th- grilled cheese
    Fri- maybe turkey burgers
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Sunday-steaks, potato packets on the grill and corn on the cob
    Monday-salmon, cous cous and garlic bread
    Tuesday-TACO TUESDAY with fresh gauc. (DS loves to help mash it!)
    Wednesday-Fish fillets and sticks with mac and cheese
    Thursday-Homemade burgers or grilled chicken TBD
    Friday-Smoked ribs, potato salad, pasta salad, garlic bread and I am making this cheesecake cake for the holiday since my family is all coming over to our house this https://www.recipegirl.com/2013/06/24/red-white-and-blue-cheesecake-cake/ Super excited to test it out!
    Saturday-out or leftovers
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • jlaOK said:

mlee116 I made the sausage and rice skillet meal that you posted last week.  DH and I really liked it.  The kids were so-so about it (DS doesn't really like rice) but I thought it was really yummy.  Thanks for the suggestion.
    I'm glad you liked it! It was like comfort food to me, simple but good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"