January 2014 Moms
Options

Let's talk about our babies!

Since it's super slow.. let's talk about our babies :) I remember talking about what kind of trait and personalities we wanted our babes to have before they were born, so let's do a small update now that they're here.

What similar physical features do you & your LO have together?

What similar physical features does DH/SO & LO have together?

When people see LO for the first time, who do they say LO looks like? You or DH/SO?

Does LO "act" like you or DH/SO? Explain.

What kind of personality/trait you wish to see in LO in the future?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk about our babies!

• Options
    DD definitely has my hair. Our hairs looks exactly the same in our baby photos. She thankfully has my nose and top lip lol.

DD has SO's eyes and sadly, his eyebrows..

When people see LO for the first time, who do they say LO looks like? You or DH/SO?
    We have mix views. My MIL loves to tell ppl DD looks exactly like SO, but we have friends and family saying the opposite.

In the morning, DD has my personality which is cheerful and happy. By 2 o'clock, she has SO's grumpy attitude haha. But in all seriousness, she's an observer like SO. If we have guest over, she will constantly stare at them until they leave.

I still wish DD will have her dad's responsible attitude and my honesty. I'm hoping she will become either a) a doctor or b) a chef hehe.
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    She has my big eyes. That was the first thing I noticed about her when she was out on my chest after delivery. She also looks like me a lot in the face.

She has daddy's long legs (which I'm kind of excited about since I have such short legs lol)

Most people say me but people have also said that she looks like DH or a couple of my family members.

Well according to my mom she is exactly like I was as a baby. This is my pay back lol

I hope that she is happy with her life and can see the good in things. I hope that she is strong and independent but knows that we are always there for her when she needs it. I also hope that she doesn't get my anxiety and anxious temperament.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

She has my long fingers and toes.

She has DH's green/hazel eyes (yippy!) and his long eyelashes.

Both. I think more often me but that may be because she is a girl. As she gets older, I'm hearing dh a little more often. Whoever she is with or who is holding her. She really is a good mix.

Both. She is super silly like my but when she watches tv, she zones out like dh. She laughs loud like me. She is pretty chill like dh.

Love for animals. Caring about others. Honesty. And I really hope to teach her that beauty comes from within. I'm so nervous about bullies and mean kids and I just want her to be confident.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    karah4816karah4816 member
    edited June 2014
    Hadley has my hair and eyes. Jameson has nothing from me, someone once said they thought he had my chin but idk

Hadley has his skin tone and dimples. Jameson is like an exact clone of him, it's freaky

When people see LO for the first time, who do they say LO looks like? You or DH/SO? They say Hadley looks like me and Jameson looks like my husband

I dont know. They both have their own personalities but I don't know that they act like either of us. Hadley used to be laid back like me but now that she can crawl she is pretty wild. Jameson is a really sensitive little guy and he laughs easy.

What kind of personality/trait you wish to see in LO in the future? I hope they're hardworkers but able to cut loose too. I hope they love nature like my husband and I do, especially the beach. And I hope they're not anxious like their dad.

imageimage

• Options
    What similar physical features do you & your LO have together? I think he has my nose.

What similar physical features does DH/SO & LO have together? He looks exactly like his daddy.

When people see LO for the first time, who do they say LO looks like? You or DH/SO? DH definitely

Does LO "act" like you or DH/SO? Explain. Both of us. He sleeps on the same side I sleep on. When DH is concentrating on something he sticks out the tip of his tongue and LO does the same thing.

What kind of personality/trait you wish to see in LO in the future? I've never really thought about it. He is happy all the time. I hope he has an enthusiasm for learning. I hope he has a sense of humor and is confident, but not so confident that he's vain. I hope he sticks up for the kids that do get bullied and I hope he can show some compassion.
  • Options
    last14reallast14real member
    edited June 2014
    None that really stand out yet. No one says my babies look like me, DS does have my big brown eyes, but can't tell what color DD's will be yet.

DS is DH's mini me other than eye shape and color. Everything else eyelashes, smile, build, ears, nose, smile, hair color as a child EVERYTHING is DH. For DD she already has DH's gorgeous eyelashes and smile but thats all I can say for sure. 

They say she looks like DS when he was a baby, which is weird to me bc everyone said DS looked like DH. So you would think they would say DD looks like daddy, but nope everyone comments on how she looks so much like her big brother.

Both our kids are a combo of us both. DD is mild mannered most of time (unless hungry or sleepy than she is a bear) and LOVES to sleep which is exactly like DH. They both can sleep like 10 hrs a night (if given the chance) and nap on and off all day. DS is a little more emotional, hates bugs spiders, getting his face wet in the pool, and only sleeps as much as he needs to function. He usually gets 8 hrs at night and one nap in the afternoon. I sleep like 6 hrs and generally do not get naps so DS is more similar to me for amount of sleep. That being said even though DH and DS are both huge grumps in the morning if you wake them and they don't wake on their own. DD and I are both super happy morning people who get grumpy in the evening when we are tired. So ya we are weird:) DS and DH love to do boy stuff like mowing, fishing, playing in the sand box. Whereas DD and I are content to play inside, cuddle, and she hangs out with me while I cook and clean.

I have no idea, so far just hoping that she stays mellow and I don't end up with a drama queen:)
  • Options
    BabychuuBabychuu member
    edited June 2014
    He definitely look like me. The chin and general face shape all seem to be mine. Skin color is the same as mine, mouth shape and smile are like mine, hands and fingernails are the same shape as mine. The eyes are currently up for debate (but he definitely has my eyebrows/brow line).
    He has Daddy's nose and ears, possibly eyes. His body seems to be rather long and slender looking, so perhaps he will take after his father in that area? 
    Me usually, but now that he is older and his nose is developing more, DH. 

Nooooo idea. Maybe a good mix of both. He's pretty impatient like me, but he's really happy and smile-y like DH. He constantly wants entertainment, but both DH and I are like that. He is pretty bratty when he doesn't get his way, which is like me. Hes not terribly into cuddling, though, which is more like his father. He's rather bashful, but smiles and laughs with everyone after a few minutes. Both DH and I are like that though.

I hope to high heaven he gets more of his father's patience. I hope he develops a better work ethic and has more determination than both DH and I. I hope he's more outgoing and has a Type A personality, but it seems like, at least as a baby, he's pretty shy by nature.
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    She has my horrible nose, my lips, my very fat wide feet, and my thunder thighs.

She has his ears and wonderful eyebrows. Shes also gets very hot and sweaty, just like her daddy.

Both. 

She definitely acts like him. >.< Shes impatient, a know it all. Just overall a brat! 

I truly hope shes thoughtful like I am. Outgoing, patient, giving and independent. 
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The shape of my eyes, eyebrows, lips and fingers are similar. 

Ears, toes, round head, eye color. 

Mixed reaction. His family (except our SIL) says him, my family mostly says me

Me....she's feisty and irritable. Haha. I've turned irritable since having two kids!

Patient, giving, self sufficient, respectful, kind hearted. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    umma4babesumma4babes member
    edited June 2014

She's got my lips for sure. And my dark hair. Looks like she's got more features from my side of the family but not directly from me if that makes sense. For example, she's got huge eyes that are just like my sister's. But I don't have huge eyes.

Looks like she's got the height from her dad. I'm only 5'3" but DH is close to 6'4". And maybe his nose. Jury's still out on that one.

Me. I think it's primarily because my DH is Aryan looking - blond hair and blue eyes. And me being 100% Korean, our babies obviously have darker hair and eyes. Interestingly, DS's hair has become lighter over the years and it's more like light brown now. His eyes were very dark blue when he was born, then turned gray and now hazel (but more brown shade). DD has dark hair but def not black, and her eyes were gray when born. They still have shades of gray at this point but looks like they will be brown or hazel.

DD is very laid back and needs a lot of sleep just like DH.
  • Options

He has my light hair and skin tone

They're both really sleepy and eat a lot? He laughs his ass off at Dad so I'm sure he has his sense of humor

Me, all day. And I eat that shit up :x

We're both pretty laid back so he isn't more like one of us in that aspect.

I want to see him be a thinker like his Dad, and creative like me. I hope he remains laid back and happy like he is now.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    What similar physical features do you & your LO have together? So far the only feature we share is our lips, we both have the archers bow lips.

What similar physical features does DH/SO & LO have together?  They share a lot. Same eyes, same nose, same ears, same skin tone as babies (DH's skin is darker now) the only differences between their baby pictures are my lips and DH had a full head of hair.

who do they say LO looks like? DH all the way. I constantly get "Oh he looks just like DH" 

Does LO "act" like you or DH/SO? Explain. DH and LO have the exact same reserved face. When presented with something new they both instantly go to reserved until they decide how to respond. Its super cute.

What kind of personality/trait you wish to see in LO in the future? I dont really have any wishes, I just look forward to seeing his personality grow

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• Options

We have dimples. That's it. Maybe his chubby baby cheeks. I'm naturally blonde and blue eyed. His dad's Asian side won out.

Mason is a complete mini me of his dad.

Everyone said "you can tell you're his baby!" Almost got to the point where I was starting to take it personally, like did everyone else think we didn't know who the dad was?!?

He's impatient and pitches a fit every once in awhile but is generally an easy going kid. That could be from me.

I hope that he has common sense to figure things out for himself and self-motivation. I feel that if he has those two traits he can do anything. My ex-husband had zero motivation to do anything and that was the most irritating thing ever.

• Options
    What similar physical features do you & your LO have together? Our smiles and our red hair, and our noses.

What similar physical features does DH/SO & LO have together? Eyes, stature, big hands and feet.

When people see LO for the first time, who do they say LO looks like? You or DH/SO? DH all the way, practically his mini me

Does LO "act" like you or DH/SO? Explain. He acts like me, he has such a sassy attitude. If he doesn't like something he makes it known. He's so animated and has such a big personality.

What kind of personality/trait you wish to see in LO in the future? I hope he'll have great work ethic like his daddy. I hope he's as determined as I am.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    I've heard she has my nose, and it looks like she's getting my eye colour (brown/hazel)
    Everything else! She takes after him physically quite a bit. Similar eye shape (unfortunately not his beautiful blue eye colour), definitely got his nice big lips, looks like she might have his curly hair although it's too soon to tell
    H all the way. I rarely get that she looks like me, maybe twice 
    She seems to have my stubborn streak, and H's outgoing/social personality and love of attention
    Intelligent, curious, funny and empathetic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"