July 2014 Moms

Anna Elizabeth's birth story!

I know, I know, aw/ss and she was born almost two weeks ago, but I'm just now at a point to write about the whole ordeal. It was... Amazing.

At 5:45 a.m, I was laying in bed with my husband, He had his hand on my tummy and we were morning cuddling like usual, and As soon as we settled in to sleep a while longer, I felt pressure and said "honey.. We gotta go. Now." And he looked at me and I said "my water just broke. Call the hospital." And as soon as I stood up, yeah- game on. He called labor and delivery, both our parents, and we were off to have a baby!

They tested to make sure I did indeed rupture (as if the soaked pants and towels weren't proof enough) and they checked my cervix- 1 cm, not effaced. I knew it'd be forever. They started Pitocin. Labor was underway. I had so many people there to help me, including a close family friend who happened to be visiting from Canada. The first 4 cm took forever. 13 hours to get the Epi. And everyone was sure it'd be longer once I got it, but I went from a 4 to a 9.5 in an hour, and my DH who just stepped out to pee got a call saying "better hurry up. Your wife is pushing in just a few minutes." Everyone had to leave per my request except DH. They all wished me well, and the last thing my daddy heard me say I later heard made him so proud. As they cleared out, I looked at the nurse and said "let's get to work."

40 minutes. The nurse had my baby in 40 minutes. And she delivered her one handed! Instead of her head getting past the bone and calling the doc, her head got past the bone... And everything followed. She had her cord around her throat and ankles, so the nurse directed my husband to get her various things and then scream out the door for the doctor, all the while getting her own phone destroyed on the table with me. My doc quickly and efficiently rescued my girl, fixed me up while nurses got her breathing and I coached my crying husband through the fear. In the end, we had Anna Elizabeth- 6 lbs 4 oz, 19 in! The perfect little girl. Labor was intense, long and painful,but every second is an incredible memory. I am better having gone through it.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anna Elizabeth's birth story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"