July 2014 Moms
Options

2nd Csection vs VBAC-opinions?

I had my son via csection 5 years ago- any opinions on VBAC vs cesection Again? I have one scheduled for July 7th but I'm still on the fence about it.

Re: 2nd Csection vs VBAC-opinions?

• Options
    What are your reasons for being on the fence still? It's a pretty personal decision and everyone will have different opinions.

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    Yikes....my doc and I had this decision made at my very first appointment way back in December. If yours is already scheduled, it would seem to me that s/he assumes you two are on the same page. Like Bliss said...how have you made this far without details being set in stone?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a c section with my first 20 months ago and I have a Rcs scheduled for the 8th. They gave me the option of a vbac but where as my son was 10.6 and at 32 weeks the one was approximately measuring 5.8. We decided a Rcs was best plus the first c section was amazing and I loved everything about it. Yes my recovery will be different because I won't be able to life my oldest for a while but I very excited!
  • Options
    seellsseells member
    I'm surprised you haven't already talked about this with your doctor. It was the first thing I brought up and the reason I switched at 20 weeks to a new doctor.

I will personally be attempting a vbac. I had a non emergency csection due to FTP after I was induced at 37 weeks for pre-e. My csection wasn't horrible but I'm not anxious to go that route again. I'm really excited to try vbacing and hope I'm successful. It's a personal reason that for me, I want that experience.
  • Options
    I think that at this point you should stick with your plan. It's kinda late in the game to be "on the fence."
  • Options
    I scheduled my RCS for my due date (although I don't know the time yet, but will find out this week)

If I do go into labor before the RCS, the hospital has already been made aware of my attempting a VBAC. The only reason I have scheduled a RCS is I have GD and can't go past my due date.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"