October 2014 Moms

AW: Sex Announcement + Maternity-ish Photos

edited June 2014 in October 2014 Moms
We took some announcement photos around 12 weeks when we were getting ready to tell everyone we were pregnant. We had intended to use these photos to mail an announcement out to our extended family and friends and after a few days, post a Facebook announcement using photo booth photos. However, our photographer lost the digital photos from our photo shoot. While we did have the film shots in digital form, there really weren't any obvious "we're pregnant" shots. As a result, we decided to go straight to our Facebook announcement idea, and use photo booth photos. I wrote in more detail about our pregnancy announcement here. It was a bummer that we couldn't do what we had originally planned, but I think announcing this way was fine. We did get some flack from our extended family as they thought it was tacky to do a FB announcement. Oh well, you can't please everyone.

I decided about a month ago after we had our A/S that we could make the original photos more baby announcement like by taking some sex reveal shots. So, we went back to the original location and wore the same clothes. I was more pregnant, and DH had shaved off his goatee, but the ideas I had didn't really involve our faces and the bump hadn't really changed all that much. 

I have been laboring over how to use these photos as I think at this point mailing something out would be strange. I am also still getting shit from family about the FB announcement. "Oh, I guess it's a sign of the times" or "I better not find out about the sex of the baby on Facebook!". Major eye roll. I am honestly super offended by the comments. Especially since I explained about losing the photos and the urgency of getting the announcement out before someone told everyone on accident. It was my secret to tell dammit.

I finally decided that I would use the photos to announce the sex in my baby shower invitation. I'll give the women a few days to tell their men and then I will post the photos on FB. I think this is the best way to go. So, without further ado, here are the photos and collage.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

Re: AW: Sex Announcement + Maternity-ish Photos

• So cute! Love them!

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • These are great photos! I love them

image         image

• MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    Very cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So cute! You're pictures are great!!
  • I love the little shoes between you two the most :)

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Adorable!

People who whine about finding out things on FB annoy me. Your pregnancy, your life. :)
  • All of the photos are fantastic, I think they turned out perfect!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • I think they are awesome! Just ignore the comments about your FB announcement. You are right, you can't please everyone. Your baby, you get to call the shots!
  • femailfemail member
    Those photos are adorable! I LOVE your scarf!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gorgeous photos!  I like your idea for using them in the invitations!  I think if your family has a problem with a facebook announcement being a "sign of the times", you should ask them why they use it if they have such an issue with it as a form of communication.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Adorable! You make me want to do maternity photos ;-) Why are they complaining that it's on Facebook? I'm with you, it's your secret to tell! My family couldn't keep quiet and it was 2 days before everyone knew. They really took the wind out of my sails.
  • Adorable. I especially love the one of her little shoes on DHs shoes. Beautiful pics! :)

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• That cream dress is lovely! I love the picture with her shoes in front of your bump :x
  • Very nice!  Baby shoes are the most adorable things in the world, too bad I've heard they're not worth it to actually put on baby! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Very cute and congratulations!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Super cute!!! Those are adorable pictures!
  • Everything happens for a reason! These are beautiful :x
  • Super cute!

Jackson: December 09' 
    Remington: July 12'
    Piper Jo: October 14'
    m/c on 10/18/13. We miss you Peyton

• These are so cute! You two look great and I love the setting!
  • Super cute and classy!  You guys look extremely lovely dovey as expectant parents!!

Tell all the naysayers to "get with the times!".  I think those pictures are a great way to share your news and capture this special time in your lives!

• What a cute idea! I love these pictures!
    Mother of two sweet boys. One on earth and one in Heaven.  Sweet Baby Wyatt 3/29/13-9/10/13
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • They turned out beautifully!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Cute Pics!!! And I love that dress!!!!!  I like the whole outfit, but I especially love that dress!!
  • edited June 2014
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Those litle pink shoes are so cute!!!
    Thanks :D We got them at Target on the way to the shoot. They were so teeny and perfect!

femail said:
    Those photos are adorable! I LOVE your scarf! 
    Thanks! My mom gave it to me. I wear it all the time for a pop of color.

ashie0610 said:
    Gorgeous photos!  I like your idea for using them in the invitations!  I think if your family has a problem with a facebook announcement being a "sign of the times", you should ask them why they use it if they have such an issue with it as a form of communication.
    Yes, this is what I was thinking. I also like that it tells everyone at one time instead of certain people at certain events. At least I can blast everyone and not worry if people are upset that they heard it from Aunt so-and-so. 

MrsBabe614 said:
    Adorable! You make me want to do maternity photos ;-) Why are they complaining that it's on Facebook? I'm with you, it's your secret to tell! My family couldn't keep quiet and it was 2 days before everyone knew. They really took the wind out of my sails.
    That sucks! It is such a sinking feeling. I am sorry that happened to you.

Adorable. I especially love the one of her little shoes on DHs shoes. Beautiful pics! :)
    I love the photos! I melted a bit inside with the one of your DH with the little shoes.

In regards to the comments, I have realized people including family will say what they want to say, as long as you and DH are on the same page that is all that matters :)
    Thanks you guys! DH came up with the shoes on his feet idea. It's totally adorable. He gets all the credit. He wanted it to be like she's dancing on his feet, which he is so looking forward to. I'd love to take some shots after she is born when she can stand and re-create some of these with her in the shoes.

Very nice!  Baby shoes are the most adorable things in the world, too bad I've heard they're not worth it to actually put on baby!  
    I've heard the same. I plan to at least get some photos of her in them, but I doubt she'll be wearing shoes for real for a while.

starla487 said:
    Heh... When I mentioned the term "birth announcement" to DH yesterday, he just said "Facebook... Done stamp." If it were my family, I'd probably snark back and say "well if you want to pay for printing and postage, I'll throw something in the mail for you." 
    But I dig the photos, so I hope you can share them with others or have them framed or something awesome like that.
    Yeah, I think I'll put some of them in her room. Maybe in the hall with our other photos. Also, you gotta dig guy logic. 

Everything happens for a reason! These are beautiful :x
    That is so true!

lrobi13 said:

Super cute and classy!  You guys look extremely lovely dovey as expectant parents!!

Tell all the naysayers to "get with the times!".  I think those pictures are a great way to share your news and capture this special time in your lives!

We are lovey dovey. We're so love dovey, that we call each other lovadova. "Hey Lovadove, I lovadova youva dova". I know, it's kind of gross that it's so sweet.

These are so great! You guys look absolutely adorable! I love your outfit and boots! 
    Thanks! I love the boots too. Found them randomly at Macy's on super sale. Originally $80 and I got them for $17. I wasn't even there to shop, just on my way to the mall.

Cute Pics!!! And I love that dress!!!!!  I like the whole outfit, but I especially love that dress!!
    Thanks lady :) I love it too! It is normally a work dress. Gotta love Burlington Coat Factory!

---------------

Thanks to everyone else for you lovely love tits and your comments!

• They are so cute! What a great idea on how to use them now! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Wow, awesome! You really went all out - I'm impressed and some really nice photos!

Lilypie - (urRB)

• Wow, awesome! You really went all out - I'm impressed and some really nice photos!
    It helps to have friends who are photographers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"