August 2014 Moms
Options

How Much Clothing?

Okay ladies, I did some searching, and didn't necessarily find anything answering my questions, so hopefully we haven't discussed this.

As I receive clothes and buy them at garage sales, I am keeping track of how many things of each I have (ex: I have 7 0-3 month sleepers right now). This probably sounds crazy anal, but I keep track so that when I am garage sale-ing I have an idea of what things I don't have many of so I can grab them when I see a good deal. This leads to my question:

How much clothing do you have or plan to need? I had a shower today and got more 0-3 things that I am not sure if I should return for larger sizes, or wait and see, or wash and keep. I don't want to have so many clothes that some never get worn, but I don't know how often I will be doing laundry either, and I know it will depend on if I have a spitty baby or things like that. I am just wondering if you all have a general range of how many onesies you think are necessary, how many sleepers, etc?

Sorry if this is a silly FTM question!

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

Re: How Much Clothing?

• Options
    I agree with @jillielizabeth‌, it's hard to say. Depends on the size of your baby, how quickly they grow, what the weather will be like as far as needing long/short sleeve etc. I'd just take your best guess, maybe leave tags on if you are unsure and wait and see until baby is here :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    It is a hard thing to gauge. I am trying not to buy too many newborn sized things until I know just how big he is going to be. DD stayed in nb for quite a while, though, even though she was almost 9 lbs when she was born, so you never know... :) GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BeachMBeachM member
    Ditto pp, this is nearly impossible to answer.  Even as a STM I cannot tell you what the "correct" amount of clothing is for #2.  I know it seems stressful now and I remember agonizing about this, but once LO is here you either figure out you have too much and some stuff never has tags taken off, you have just the right amount, or you need to send someone out to grab a few more outfits.  Don't worry so much about NB and 0-3 and just use what happens as a gauge for how much to buy of bigger sizes.

• Options
    I have had one baby who wrote nb for a month, and one baby who barely wore nb home from the hospital, lol! As a result, I'm not really picking up much for baby clothes until after delivery. I currently have:

1 sleeper (I'm pretty sure I have more, but dh hadn't pulled the box out of the attic crawl space yet)
    6 sleeveless onsies (2 nb, 4 0-3)
    3 short sleeves onsies, all 0-3
    2 pant outfits
    2 dress rompers
    3 sundresses.

Like I said, dh hadn't pulled the girl clothes box out of the crawl space yet so I have more, I just don't know more of what yet. My lovely mother started selling all my baby stuff at garage sales, so I have no idea what is left over, or what sizes. Obviously I'll need a little more. ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options

I have a LOT of clothes. My mom and I both picked up several things over the last few months and then I ended up getting even more at my shower. Although, I know I should keep tags on things so I can return them as needed, I have already taken the tags off of a lot of them. I wanted to break apart the sets so I could fold or hang them properly. And honestly, I probably wouldn't get around to returning things anyway.

I am anal, too, so I counted everything as I was putting it away. Here's what I have in 0-3:

- 12 Sleepers

- 15 Onesies

- 15 Outfits (rhompers, pant set, etc.)

Surprisingly, I didn't get any newborn items. I am thinking I'll go ahead and pick up 3-4 newborn onesies and then see if I need more after he arrives.

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    Thanks @sarahg8r! I have been seeing so many awesome deals at garage sales, and it is so hard not to buy the 10 cent onesie! Especially when its so cute! I wish I could magically know how much clothes I will need!

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I have so many clothes already for him, I might scream. Between my MIL buying some off of a buy/sell/trade on FB, and clothes my SIL gave me, and clothes I got at my shower yesterday, I have enough to fill up 2 huge storage containers. DH thinks I should go through all of them and organize it, but it's A LOT!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"