September 2014 Moms

Music during L&D?

Are y'all planning on playing music during labor?
If so what type? Any suggestions!?
I'm open to any suggestions and I would love to hear what type/some specific songs you will have!
ECat504
SO
SD (11/2010)
DD1 (09/2014)
DD2 (10/2015)
Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)

Re: Music during L&D?

• I asked this a while ago and got some entertaining answers ;).

I plan on using Pandora on my iphone and have added anything from yoga music to Mumford and Sons (thanks to someone here for that suggestion)! I imagine in different phases I will want different things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @suitern can yours for me so I can check it out, I can't seem to find it! And thank you!!
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw on the bump homepage earlier they had suggestions for different types of mamas that may be worth checking out
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• With DD i thought about of all these kind of things & planned music but when it actually happened, it was so intense & all consuming i couldn't have even told you if there was a live band in the room. I think it's great to have lots of tricks for comfort, calming, motivation, etc... at the ready though. You never know what will work for you.
  •     We were giggling about this the other day.  I was more on the side of my Nora Jones-Swanky playlist, which is my Zen music, but DH thinks that we should use my Eye of the Tiger- Daft Punk work out playlist... lol
    BFP 11/24/2012  MMC 1/21/2013 - BFP 3/29/2013  MC 4/8/2013 - BFP 4/25/2013 MC 5/6/2013 - 5/17/2013 Diagnosed with LPD - BFP 8/24/13  MC 9/6/2013
    BFP: 12/19/13  - Beta 1@11dpo: 26.8 - Beta 6@23dpo: 3,672
    Our Rainbow Son Born August 26, 2014
    Lilypie - (nueR)
    All ALers welcome!
  • We are a musical family, but oddly enough, I don't want music playing while I am in labor. Just the thought of it irritates me for some reason. I think part of it might be because I think of music as more of a stimulator, not a relaxer, so if I can't rock out to it or sing along, I don't want to hear it.

And the Yanni, pan flute therapy crap you listen to while getting a facial in a spa actually makes me MORE nervous than relaxed as well. I usually ask the ladies to turn it off when I'm in the room. I'd much rather have silence to relax.

Guess I'm weird.

• I'll hopefully be listening to my Hypnobabies tracks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"