Pregnant after IF
Options

Brown spotting ???

I am six weeks pregnant and I take crinone twice daily and estrogen three times daily. When I go to the restroom, there is brown pieces in the toilet, looks like soft tissue. Never pink or bloody, but a brownish color. I have googled these symptoms and I'm getting a 50/50 answer, that I'm either fine or it's signs of a miscarriage :( I'm getting a little worried. I don't have an ultrasound until Wednesday and in getting very scared ??? Anyone else have these symptoms before ?

Re: Brown spotting ???

• Options
    Spotting can be totally normal in first tri. Especially if you are on crinone. I know it's totally disconcerting though - I would let your RE know what's going on and they can advise you. Best of luck to you!!!
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    this happened to me around 15 weeks.. I had brown spotting with cramps for about 2 days. I called my doc, and she said to drink a bunch of water (like 30 or 40 oz) since the cramps were probably because I was dehydrated and to lay on the couch, feet up. I did that for two days before I could come in for an ultrasound and it stopped. Everything was fine. I would still call the doc and just let them know what's going on. Maybe they could work you in before Wednesday? But with all those suppositories, etc, I am sure it is just irritation! Brown blood = old blood.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I spotted SOOOOO much on Crinone - bright red, pink, brown, and my doctor said it's really normal because the crinone irritates your cervix. I think the general rule of thumb, at least for my RE, is that if you're not cramping, it's probably crinone.
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• Options
    Crinone can definitely irritate your cervix so it's probably totally normal, never hurts to get checked though :)

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
    BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
    BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*
  • Options
    I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd pregnancy after FET. This time I'm having brown spotting since 7dp5dt. HCG has risen and doubled. My ultrasound is scheduled for Aug 6th so it's just a long wait until then. No cramps, and spotting seems to be slowing down. I'm on aspirin, progesterone, estrace.
  • Options
    dp21dp21 member
    I had the same symptoms, more tissue like, at 5 weeks, 8 weeks, and 10 weeks.  Thankfully, I have stopped and no bleeding in 2nd trimester.  I let my RE know, they consider heavy bleeding to be a pad an hour (concerns for miscarriage).  So I think you are ok and as pp mentioned, brown blood is old blood, sometimes I would have some red and pink in there too.  Definitely let your RE know, I am glad I did because they did more monitoring for my peace of mind.  My OB was awesome too and did more monitoring my 1st trimester (every 2 weeks) to help make me feel better before transitioning me to a regular OB schedule. 

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"