Trying to Get Pregnant

Awkward Requests

Anyone here ask their DH not to masturbate during their fertile week?  

Not only is there the whole saving it for baby making, but we're not on the same schedule.  I imagine it'll be easier to wake him for sex if he hasn't gotten off already.
DS born 12/2012
Little Squeaker due 6/2015

Re: Awkward Requests

• Why would you ask this?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes, but we've been trying to hit ED sex so after a few days it's tough for him to finish. I'd rather he not jerk it if finishing is going to be an issue after a few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ladymouse said:

Anyone here ask their DH not to masturbate during their fertile week?  

Not only is there the whole saving it for baby making, but we're not on the same schedule.  I imagine it'll be easier to wake him for sex if he hasn't gotten off already.
    Nope. But if it's an issue for you just talk to him about it.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I have definitely thought about asking him... but we're having ED sex so I can't imagine that he's doing it all that often, if ever, right now! 
  • I never even thought of this...a whole new dynamic to consider...
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • Ran into this issue Thursday and it completely took me by surprise. DH couldn't finish. I figured it was because we've been going at it for almost 10 days straight, LOL. So I felt completely awkward and weird about it the entire day at work, wondering if it was something I had done or hadn't done. Until he confessed to me that night that he had jerked off in the shower that morning before we had sex. Duh, he knew we were going to have sex so WTF?! I laugh about it now, but Thursday it just wasn't funny.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    2 first trimester losses (2011, 2012)
    Actively TTC since January 2014
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Yup. I'm pretty straight up about it. Mainly for the reason other PPs have said, it's because I don't want to get into a situation where he either a) can't finish or b) sex lasts an hour. I do not like hour long sex on a regular week night, ain't nobody got time for that.

We're generally have sex either EOD or every 3 days for most of my cycles and try to hit ED in my FW, so he's not sex starved, but if we were more crunched for time and had to be more strategic I'd totally ask him not to jerk.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have and he now knows not to have his me time during the fw.
  • Usually I don't have to say anything except for, "hey, looks like this week is fw."

He gets more than enough sex during that time.. and like others have said we don't want to risk him not finishing.
  • We did have this discussion.  Once secondary signs start looking promising (CM, CP etc), I tell him to lay off of himself.  It's a small window out of every month, and he gets laid more often as a result, so he never had a problem with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • I've done it. Wasn't that bad. Now I just text him the days he's not to flog the dolphin and we're all set. If all goes well, he's going to see a tiny human emerge from your tenders. I think you can be a little open about things now.
    OMG... I'm dying right now.. literally. Why oh why did I have to read this at work when my laughter becomes a matter of concern to everyone around me?! I just can't explain this one!!

Me: 26 DH:27
    Military family
    TTC#1 Jan 14

BFP! 17 Aug 2014 | EDD 26 April 15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup he knows the drill. No spanking the monkey during fertile window and he's fine with it .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"