Breastfeeding

Current and former mspi mamas...

Ds2 was an mspi baby and I'm guessing ds1 was too, but we didn't realize it. I'm wondering if my next LO is likely to have it as well. What's your experience? If it's highly likely that LO3 is mspi, then is it a good idea to modify my diet before LO is born? Like 2 months before in due? Thank you for any info!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Current and former mspi mamas...

• DD1 was MSPI, and I thought about going dairy/soy free late in my pregnancy for DD2.  I asked on here what the ladies thought, and they advised me no to because I should keep my calories up.  I knew what to look for this time (with DD1 we didn't get a diagnosis until 3.5 months with blood in the stool.  Prior to that the dr thought she just had colic) around so when DD2 was super gassy/fussy/mucousy stools right away I took out dairy and soy.  Unfortunately blood in the stool showed up a couple of weeks into my MSPI diet, and we figured out that she is also intolerant of eggs and wheat. 
    It is more likely that your next baby will have MSPI because your older two did, but like I got for advice I think it is probably best to wait until you have the baby to restrict your diet. 
  • I went dairy/soy free the last month of my pregnancy and am so glad I did. Baby #2 is indeed MSPI as well (confirmed by a slip up at 3weeks) and our lives have been so much better than they were during the early weeks figuring it all out and waiting for proteins to leave my system with baby #1. Plus I needed time on the diet to remember and get in the practice of what to look for in hidden ingredients etc.

TTC #1 4/09-3/10, dx PCOS, 5th round clomid BFP 3/27/10, Nolan Lee, 11/13/10, PROM 36 weeks
    TTC #2 6/12-3/13, natural BFP 3/24/13, TWINS
    MC first twin at 11weeks, MC/preterm labor second twin, DD at 15weeks, 6/7/13
    BFP 9/21/13, EDD 6/5/13!!  It's a GIRL

SHE'S HERE!  Scarlett Christine, 5/19/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"