January 2015 Moms

weight gain...or lack of?

Hi ladies,
I'm am a worry wart by nature so when I'm in the first trimester I'm a little stressed about everything. Right now I am 11 weeks and I. Have not gained anything in fact I've lost a little bit. Anyone else on the same boat?

Re: weight gain...or lack of?

• I think it depends on the person, my last pregnancy I started around 150 and my CNM told me not to gain any weight in the first tri and only gain 15-20 lbs overall.  I ended up gaining about 30lbs and then I saw why, it gave me horrible sciatic pain!
  • I'm almost 10 weeks and just have normal weight fluctuation (2-3lbs up or down) day to day from. Y starting point. At this point with my last pregnancy though, I had gained about 5-7 lbs already.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 12 weeks and am down 5lbs since my bfp. The doctor isn't concerned about it as long as I'm hydrated and able to eat enough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep. I'm 11 weeks and I haven't gained an ounce. I also lost my IVF weight (only about 2-3 pounds). I am slightly underweight according to BMI, but none of my doctors are concerned about it. This is just my normal size. I'm sure they will want me to gaining weight start this month coming up.

But I agree with PP - it never hurts to ask your doctor about your concerns and their recommendations!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• I am 12.5 weeks and have lost 10 pounds.  Doctor is not concerned..wants me to gain 25-35 and assuming that will come in the next 6 months.  As long as your doctor is okay I would not worry.
    Live like there is no tomorrow..Love like you have never been hurt...
  • I wish! I'm already up 7 lbs! I gained 38 lbs with DD and I think I'm on the same pace.
  • mc0113mc0113 member
    At my appt Friday I was 13 weeks, 3 days and have gained 2 so far. My midwife hasn't even mentioned anything about my weight so far. I wouldn't be concerned. You'll gain eventually.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm at 10 weeks and might be up about a pound. I feel bigger, though!,
  • Totally normal. I've lost a few pounds during the first trimester of all of my pregnancies, and my doctor has not been concerned at all. She said that it's common due to both morning sickness and the fact that most of us take better care of ourselves while pregnant. You'll gain it back--and then some soon! ;)
  • I'm 14 weeks and haven't gained a single pound, in fact I've lost 5! It's a bit surprising because I eat so much all the time....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've lost 10. Most weight gain will not happen until the later trimesters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 10 weeks and have lost about a pound (the scale moves a lot), but I feel bigger! My pants and bras feel tighter!
  • i haven't gained anything yet either, although i look like i've gained about 15lb.  i hear it's pretty common to lose weight in the 1T, especially if you've got bad MS.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Ditto the little gain but looking like I've gained more lol. My two girlfriends came over last night and were very confused.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • I've lost 11lbs due to morning sickness.
  • id012id012 member
    I havent gained any weight and have actually lost a pants size. No one is worried.
  • I haven't gained any weight although my stomach is definitely bigger.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also haven't gained any weight
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I haven't gained or lost any weight but I feel like I've gained 10 pounds what with all the bloating. Ick.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • smaccsmacc member
    I lost a few lbs. and was a little freaked out by it but I have heard that as long as you gain in the second trimester, it's ok.
  • tkr7c9tkr7c9 member
    I have gained about 3-4 lbs but I look like I have gained 10. 

• No worries, 1-5 lbs is normal for FT. However it is common to lose FT d/t ms according to all data. If you are eating enough and keeping down liquids, your doctor will tell you if you arent gaining enough. Go ahead and ask at appointment, or call the nurse if you're very worried. They have your file and know you better :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Same! I lost two lbs actually but I gained one back recently. I am really fine with it, I know in the end the weight will come on! I haven't really changed my eating habits, I figured if I feel dizzy or hungry I will eat but until them I am more than satisfied with my normal intake! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"