April 2014 Moms

2 truths and a lie

I'm bored. This board is slllooowwww (and for good reason!) and I want to play a game.

Post 3 things about yourself in a comment below. As the title suggests, 2 of them should be correct and 1 should be a lie. People can guess in the comments. I'll post a separate reveal thread in a day or two so we can discuss the revelations.

Re: 2 truths and a lie

• I'll play!

1. I have four metal plates and a screw in my head.
    2. Once, I hit four trees in the same accident while driving my car.
    3. When I was little, I caused my mom to cut off one of her fingers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I married and divorced the same man twice in a years time.

2. I'm double jointed

3. I skipped a grade in school making me 16 going into my senior year of high school.

• 1. When I was a nanny, I went on play dates with some kids of famous people. I brought the kids to a birthday party once where a film crew from E! was there (the kid's mom had her own reality show). You only get a glimpse of my back, but I'm technically on TV in that episode!

2. I once got my arm stuck in the doors of a NYC subway train. It began moving down the track while I was running next to it on the platform with my forearm and a bag of groceries stuck inside. Everyone inside the train car was yelling and trying to pry the doors open. It was quite the scene. Fortunately the train operator saw the situation and stopped the train before the platform ended.

3. When I was driving home from college, I had NO money in the car as I passed through the toll booth. I convinced the toll operator to let me write a check for 75 cents. A month later, the check bounced and I racked up $75 in fees for overdraft charges.
  • MrsZ0811MrsZ0811 member
    edited July 2014
    1. I have lived in 3 countries and 4 cities in the span of 4 months

2. I have visited 4 different continents.

3. I met my DH overseas 10 years ago.

Eta: typing is hard and I miscounted 4mo not 3
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

• 1. I visited my brother overseas while he was stationed in Japan with the Marines.

2. I have never got stitches or broken a bone until I had this baby.

3. I am allergic to fish, so I have never gotten to eat real sushi.

• 1. I have never been on an airplane

2. Bryan Cranston is my Dad's step-cousin.

3. I have auditoned for American Idol and America's Got Talent but neither liked me enough to send me to the judges.

BFP 8/9/2013
    EDD for our baby boy 4/14/2014
    Eli Thomas born 4/22/2014

• Once, when I was in Scotland, I convinced a local guy who chatted me up at a bar that I was a C-list celebrity back home, having my own reality tv show. He spent the rest of the evening buying me drinks and making plans to come to LA (everyone thinks San Francisco and LA are, like, thisclose) and I'd out him in my show.

Once, when I was in Japan, I wore bunny ears all day long. It was Easter Sunday and I was feeling festive. When people asked me about them, I told them about the holiday. A giant bunny who delivers eggs they totally got. Jesus dying on the cross? Not so much.

Once, when I was in Korea, I was flying home to San Francisco and our flight was delayed. This was before smart phones and I got bored, so my girlfriend and I put out a hat, played air guitars, and sang "If you're going to San Fransisco...Be sure to wear flowers in your hair..." We made $15.32.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • 1. I was part of an opera cast that won 1st place in an international competition in England.

2. I was born in Belgium and my parents are from Hungary.

3. I have a stutter and a lisp that both get worse when I've had a couple of adult beverages.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • 1. When I was 19 I was engaged and had an affair with my boss who was in a relationship.
    2. I've never kissed a girl
    3. When I was a baby I kicked one of my legs between the bars of my crib and when my big sister tried to take me out it broke l, my leg that is.
  • poru said:

@WifeofaComposer‌ a smoking stick, but not nicotine :). Something a little greener.

Bump crush level up!
  • 1.  I once dislocated my shoulder playing ultimate frisbee, but I made the catch.  When I was taken to the hospital, the doctor gave me morphine which made me projectile vomit on my friends shoes.

2.  When I was in junior high, I decided to try out for the school swim team.  When I got to the tryouts, I made the split second decision to try out for the diving team instead of the swim team.  I had never done anything more that jump off the diving board before my tryout and I ended up getting second place in our first competition.

3.  After college, I got the lead in a feature length movie that was locally written, produced and directed.  It was only shown once and was very well received, but couldn't be shown anywhere else because the director didn't get the rights to the music that he used.  He has entered other films in film festivals, and I've had cameos in them, so I have a page on IMDB.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• 1. I was attacked in Rome's Termini train station when I was waiting on a midnight train and trying to go to the bathroom. I escaped by screaming in Spanish (which I speak fluently) and whacking the man over the head with my very heavy Longchamp. I was so shaken up, I asked the conductor of another train to walk me to my correct platform -- he took pity on me and found an Italian nun who shared her cabin with me.

2. My one and only legit one-night-stand ended with me sneaking out of the guy's apartment but leaving him a post-it on his car that said "thanks for the Hawaiian Punch and the sex."

3. I was my college's mascot (as in, wore the big Demon Deacon costume). I went to mascot camp to learn to ride a custom WFU Harley into the football stadium and do the Deacon Shuffle.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • 1. My BIL is 1st cousins with Mike Fisher (Nashville Predators)

2. My first husband left me after 9 weeks of marriage.

3. I'm really excited for my husband to take me snowboarding this winter.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  I met a boy on vacation when I was 14. We reconnected many years later and wrote each other constantly.  He got married and had a couple of kids, worked as an agent for the FBI.  He then told me he was in love with me, divorced his wife and came to visit me in college.  The following week I was interviewed by the FBI and was told he was a desk clerk, not an agent, he was still married, he had a baby girl named after me, and he stole $10,000 worth of seized goods from the evidence vault. They came to see me because they thought he had given me some of the stolen jewelry.

2. When I was in high school, I went camping with some friends. We got wasted on Zima and jolly ranchers (hopefully some of you are old enough to remember that!) and stole a boat. While out on our joyride, we hit a rock and sank the boat. We swam back to shore, packed up camp and slept in our cars in a parking lot. We never got caught but I have never been so panicked in my life!

3. When I met DH I was married to someone else and he was engaged. It was love at first sight and after a few short months of knowing each other, we left our SOs and moved in together. We have been incredibly happy for ten years now.

CafeMom Tickers

• zazu13zazu13 member
    1. I never missed a day of school until the 7th grade.

2. I was born with an extra toe

3. I have had a warrant for my arrest.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• cgoldian said:

1.  I met a boy on vacation when I was 14. We reconnected many years later and wrote each other constantly.  He got married and had a couple of kids, worked as an agent for the FBI.  He then told me he was in love with me, divorced his wife and came to visit me in college.  The following week I was interviewed by the FBI and was told he was a desk clerk, not an agent, he was still married, he had a baby girl named after me, and he stole $10,000 worth of seized goods from the evidence vault. They came to see me because they thought he had given me some of the stolen jewelry.

2. When I was in high school, I went camping with some friends. We got wasted on Zima and jolly ranchers (hopefully some of you are old enough to remember that!) and stole a boat. While out on our joyride, we hit a rock and sank the boat. We swam back to shore, packed up camp and slept in our cars in a parking lot. We never got caught but I have never been so panicked in my life!

3. When I met DH I was married to someone else and he was engaged. It was love at first sight and after a few short months of knowing each other, we left our SOs and moved in together. We have been incredibly happy for ten years now.
    3 is a lie

• cnbeancnbean member
    edited June 2014
    1. I have spent the night in an outhouse.
    2. My parents took our whole family to Egypt one year. All the street vendors kept trying to buy my     younger sister from us.
    3. We live in Alaska and once had a black bear wander into our house. DH had left the sliding door open after dinner and the bear decided to make himself at home. We had to call the Dept of Fish & Game to come and get him out.
    image    image

• I'm loving this!! You ladies are either super crazy or excellent liars!

• My life is way too boring to participate, and I'm not a good enough liar to conjure up an intricate enough lie. I'm enjoying reading these though, and some of these seriously need to be made into movies.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Fun! Some of you are crazy and I like it!
    1) I'm deathly allergic to bees
    2) I've been bitten by an alligator
    3) I've had a schafolding fall out from underneath me leaving me hanging from a roof by one arm where I had to swing into an open window to avoid falling with it.
  • 1. Ive been an ocean lifeguard for almost ten years and have a shark bite to prove it.
    2. My DH wrote and sang our wedding song.
    3. I am not saving 15% or more with Geico insurance. Geico actually sucks and I need new insurance.
  • @kcp913‌ I think 2 is partially true, at least the part about YH!

• mamrotu73 said:

SLSchuerg said:

(1)My life is way too boring to participate, and (2) I'm not a good enough liar to conjure up an intricate enough lie. (3) I'm enjoying reading these though, and some of these seriously need to be made into movies.

1 is a lie.
    You're so nice! :((
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • I've been pondering this for a long while...

1) I got kicked out of one of my last apartments for "noise violation." The neighbor complained they could hear us having sex all the time. When she confronted SO about it and he apologized, she became very rude so we had louder sex. Well she called the landlord, he found our dog and also said that she had complained several times and it was technically violation of the lease.

2) my last roommate had a mental breakdown and was convinced she owned Haiti and was saving us all from the apocalypse. When the cops and emts came to the house, she thought they were a camera crew for a reality tv show. The police officer was not amused by this.

3) when I was little I quit softball because my dad was the coach and he made me wear a helmet with a cage....while I was pitching.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • Haha. This is fun. You've got some interesting lives!
  • I cannot wait to see the answers to these!

• 1) I am a former NFL Cheerleader for the Oakland Raiders. Made the squad my senior year in high school.

2) I dated Jake Gyllenhaal for a quick minute.

3) I have been drunk off my a$$ at Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany with my husband.
  • 1. I went to Germany with my gay best friend on a whim. We decided to go on Monday, by Thursday we were in Germany and spent a whole week exploring Berlin for no reason other than we were bored.

2. When I was in Pakistan there was a wedding at down the street from us and at 3 am they started setting off fireworks and we woke up in a panic thinking it was gun shots. Turns out, the police thought they were gun shots too and 3 members of the party ended up dead.

3. In London, we stopped at a street performance and I was pulled onto the stage and made fun of for my "silly American accent"
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Post your results in the separate reveal thread, girls! I just created one a few min ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"