August 2013 Moms

My baby won't go to sleep anymore without a fight.

Good evening everyone. My almost 11 month old son is refusing to go to bed at night. He used to have no issues going to bed between 7-7:15pm. For the last week he has fought bedtime. He stands up in his crib, throws his paci, bounces and screams bloody murder. I go in and try to comfort his and he wants nothing to do with me or my husband. We do this for 1.5 to 2 hours every night. He takes good naps during the day with no problems. We've also tried shortening his afternoon nap thinking he was getting too much sleep. His schedule hasn't changed, he's not soiled, hungry, etc. and we have a sound machine on and a small nightlight and blackout curtains. Any suggestions? Help! And thanks!

Re: My baby won't go to sleep anymore without a fight.

• Honestly, it's probably a phase. Possibly a developmental thing? Sometimes when your baby is trying to master a skill, they will have trouble sleeping. I would keep doing what you're doing and it will most likely all go back to normal within a few weeks. (Hopefully sooner for your sake!)
  • He might be goinf through a phase he might not be tired. My ds is doing this and all i can do isfollow hislead
  • Loading the player...
  • Try switching up his schedule. When C was waking several times at time and hard to put back to sleep, I pushed her bedtime back and hour. Now she only gets up once to eat, then goes right back down. I know you hear that babies need schedules, but sometimes change is good!

GL

• It's a phase. Sorry dude.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• No advice, but tons of support over here from a tired Mama. This too shall pass.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just went through this with DD. We did three things to deal with it. First, we let her do her fussy thing. She wanted no comfort from DH or I when she was in this mood, so we basically said, fine. Second, we pushed her bedtime back a little bit. Third, it's been really light out here because of the summer, so we made sure to close her room darkening curtains. 

It's a phase, but maybe something like that will help? At any rate, it is just something to ride out.

• ludaliludali member
    We had a similar situation (but it was MOTN)...thankfully after a few weeks of it, she is now up at once, for no more than a 1/2 hour.  She also goes to bed around 7 - but is up by 5:45 everyday, usually closer to 5:15.  But that's its better than a MOTN party - stick it out, it'll get better.
  • We had a rough week or two around the 10 month mark. It has passed and we are back to 'normal'.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • When went through hell a couple of months ago. We seem to be re entering a regression now. 

Babies are fun.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We went through that phase recently, and resolved it by pushing DD's bedtime back an hour. Instead of trying to force her to go to sleep, I let her play with her dad until she got tired and finally fell asleep. I'm going to pick up one of those sea horses next time I go to babies r us. A lot of moms I know swear by it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel your pain. Any and all forms of sleep are the devil over here. Doesn't help that we are transitioning to the pnp (though the pnp has become a necessity because he keeps rolling in his sleep and would fall off our bed if we weren't hypervigilant). Fx it is just a phase.

• I'm right there with you, riding it out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"