July 2013 Moms

First Fireworks

Our community had our fireworks tonight. V had a long day not much napping and has been under the weather. We debated going but went. He fell asleep when we got there. Live band, very noisy. The kid slept.
I was worried he would be scared of the fireworks so I took him out of the stroller and held him before they started.
He woke up and was kinda like ok...this is different. Watched a few fireworks and then went back to sleep?!!?!
They were so loud! He laid his head on me and slept. It was hysterical. What a goofball my kid is. He sleeps through the fireworks.

Bonus: 

Re: First Fireworks

• That's awesome :)
  • That is great he enjoyed them! I am debating taking DS and DD to our town's fireworks on Thursday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Laurendag said:

But I bet he wakes up when you sneeze right? So cute and glad he wasn't scared

Lol!! He used to wake up at a sneeze or cough

Bonus: 

• That is great. I am afraid of the same thing. We are going to see the fireworks at the country club on DD's bday and I hope she will like them.
  • I am excited to take Zoe. But I can totally see her doing something like that. She did fall asleep mid-opening presents at her birthday party. haha
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I hope my boys do as well as Vinny did! We are watching the downtown Denver fireworks on Thursday night from DH's office's rooftop patio. Not even DS1 has been before because it has been so dry the last few years we haven't had any fireworks shows, I'm glad we have had so much rain this year! I'm looking forward to it but I hope it's not a total s*** show to keep the kids out a few hrs past bedtime and for loud fireworks...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We went to some last night and I was really surprised by DS's reaction too. He was mesmerized! He just kicked back in my lap and didn't take his eyes off of them for like the first 15 minutes, then he fell asleep too! Haha. My kid wakes up when the floor creaks in the hall but slept through fireworks, and we were pretty close to where they were set off.

Hoping all you guys have as good an experience as we did this weekend! :-bd
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Awww poor baby was tired! I have debated about taking Sully to some fireworks. I plan to pack hearing protection for him. 

FYI there are several options for your LOs if anyone needs to pick up hearing protection. Most sporting good stores sell small earmuffs for kids in the gun section (I'm not sure who uses these for guns, but Sully has a set for airplane rides). Per the pediatrician you can also use anything that won't get lodged in his ear, so the foam plugs are also approved. In cases where Sully just won't keep anything on/in his ears, I just cover his ears with my hands. 

Thanks for sharing, @lancomechica. We will plan some fireworks for sure!
  • Too cute!  We took Adeline to a concert when she was 4 months old (with noise cancelling headphones) and she fell asleep while wrapped up on me after about 20 minutes.  She loves anything in the sky - clouds, planes, birds, trees...so I think she is going to like fireworks!
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"