Cloth Diapering

Mama Cloth

I think I want to start using mama cloth. I have a latex allergy and normal pads bother me. I cannot use tampons or the cup either. So, pads is my only option. Right now I'm on BC so my flow is short and light. However, I'm going to get my tubes tied soon or have paragard installed. So I'm looking forward to my normal every other month bleed-o-rama. So, for someone with a normally just stabbed in the crotch flow. What would be a good stash?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Mama Cloth

• I just made the switch recently.
    The general advice is to use the disposables you use as a guide for absorbency and length.
    Have a look around etsy or hyenacart or wherever you like to spend your money.  Personally, I like cozyfolk but can appreciate their styling may not appeal to everyone.  Cozyfolk is on etsy, but they have a website with a much better selection.  I've also recently ordered from MamaKloth (etsy) and TreeHugger (website), but haven't gotten those yet.

I'm confused by what "stabbed in the crotch" means, heavy or light?
    If you're expecting a light flow, you can probably go with just about anything you like the looks of.
    If it's heavy, you'll want to pick something that absorbs pretty quickly.  Honestly, I think coming from the cloth diapering world, gives you an advantage in terms of knowing how things absorb, and how to wash them.

YouTube has lots of video reviews.  One of my favorite youtubers for cloth pad stuff is Bree from PreciousStarsPads.  She's young, but she really knows her stuff.  Here's a link to the video she has about the different sorts of fabric available for the tops of pads.
  • Right now I only have 3 heavies and 3 regulars, so I supplement with disposables. I would like to have at least 6 heavies and 8 regulars for EOD washing, but that's probably still not enough. I haven't tried pantyliners yet. I figure I'd rather just have more regular-sized pads just in case rather than a thin little thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"