Cloth Diapering
Options

Holy separation anxiety, Batman!!!

Holy crap. Me and M went away Tuesday through Thursday this week. Mh stayed home with the pets. M WILL NOT let me leave his side. Even at home, he cries if mh tries to do anything with him-talk, play, leave the room. Mh said the time away was a bad idea. I say I need to leave the house and let them hang out together

How do I fix it???? I need some freakin alone time
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holy separation anxiety, Batman!!!

• Options
    DS screams whenever I leave him with DH...even if I just go to another room. He gets over it and is just fine after a couple min tho.
  • Options
    NVandGZ said:
    DS screams whenever I leave him with DH...even if I just go to another room. He gets over it and is just fine after a couple min tho.
    This.  If you actually leave the house, he'll probably be totally fine with your H.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, just make a run for it. Have your husband distract him if he can and leave.
  • Options
    Yeah, the only way he's really going to get over it is to realize that you're coming back. If you're more comfortable going slow, leave him with your H while you take a quick walk around the block, then go back... Keep increasing the time until he's good. OR just leave him for a few hours. He really will be fine, and your H can always call you if he's just not calming down.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    KLXVIKLXVI member
    L is going through this as well.  It arrived the same time as we started part-time daycare.  I don't know how to deal with it yet because it just popped out of nowhere for us, too.  I thought that I would be the one having a hard time with daycare.

>:D<
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We had this issue right before I went back to work. LO fusses if Dh is holding her and I'm home but she cooperates just fine when they are alone. I think they know it's their only option when you're not there. Also, I had DH do everything except feed her the whole week before I went back so she'd get better around him. Seemed to work.
  • Options
    Oh, I hated the separation anxiety days!!! DS's kicked in around 18 months. He was fine with DH but would melt down with anyone else (like church nursery). I like LBW's advice to just start with short times away unless you are comfortable going longer or if M is handling the separation okay. I was on the fence about whether to sneak out or tell him I was going when I had to leave him with someone. For N, he did better when I explained I was going and would be back soon. I'd then always leave his comfort item and make sure he was totally immersed in something (like reading a book with the caregiver) before I cut and run. Knowing that the caregiver would page me if N flipped out also relieved a lot of my anxiety and I really think N picked up on that.

• Options
    This was a sudden change brought on by this three days away, though. I feel like it's my fault that he's like this

Or my brother's fault because he's the one who was holding M away from me when he was crying at bedtime-telling him not to cry and that it would be okay
    I really feel like he's scarred now! :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It gets better. Some days go better than others. Just keep trying.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"