April 2014 Moms

July Siggy Challenge

1) I can't believe it's July already!

2) I'm gonna try to do something different, and I hope it's not a huge flop.

I pick Christmas Babies in July! And what I mean is this: It can be a picture of anything Christmas, like an outfit or you doing an Christmasish activity with your baby. Get creative with it! I thought it would be fun to incorporate our babies into the challenge. :) I hope y'all like the idea!
February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3

Re: July Siggy Challenge

• If by Monday morning there aren't a lot of people that are interested, I'll think of something more simple.

• Orrrr everyone can just tell me now if you hate the idea or if it's too complicated. :P

• Loading the player...
  • P&B715 said:

It could be like ugly sweater (onesie) contest, but make it Christmas-ee. Says the person that never participates in these challenges. :D

Ooo that's a great idea since everyone was posting their ugly clothes that were gifted to their babies!!

• Vinny424 said:

How about songs about sex. Its the 1 year anniversay We conceived

I call Push It. :D
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Whoa whoa whoa hey hey. I didn't approve that idea! :P But that is a good idea. I was trying to think of something out of the box, and that might be the perfect thing.

• Vinny424 said:

See I knew it could be done!

• aviola329 said:

So are you picking the songs about sex idea? Or......just so I know what to start looking for....

I guess. Looks like I'm not the one choosing the idea anymore. :-/

• Vinny424 said:

SLSchuerg said:

aviola329 said:

So are you picking the songs about sex idea? Or......just so I know what to start looking for....

I guess. Looks like I'm not the one choosing the idea anymore. :-/
    I like Christmas I just needed a minute to get creative
    I like it too, but I don't want to do it if only like 3 people are going to participate. We just have such smart, creative ladies around here that I was excited to see what everyone would come up with.

• Few ideas that come to mind:

If you have an older kid and they already have Christmas books, a picture of y'all reading it together.

Kissing your baby under a mistletoe (or just some random leaves could suffice)

If you happened to be baking this weekend, making Christmas-themed cookies and doing something cute with that

Throwing a sheet around yourself, swaddling baby in white to be Mary and baby Jesus

A red and green outfit

Or a picture of your baby as a meme with something funny Christmas-related :D

• I'm sticking with my idea. I think we'll have enough people. Yay! :)

• I like the Christmas idea too, and I'll participate, just need to do some creative thinking.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Twirple said:

I like the Christmas idea too, and I'll participate, just need to do some creative thinking.

Happy to hear it! :D

• snmetz7snmetz7 member
    edited June 2014
    guess this is the first challenge I'll be sitting out.
    Have fun ladies
    ETA: I'm not creative enough and all our christmas stuff is put away.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @snmetz7 I'm not opposed to you borrowing one of my ideas! ;)

• edited June 2014
    Good for you, Schuerg, for sticking to your guns. I didn't mean my Push It claim to be taken seriously as in I was backing a new idea. I meant it tongue-in-cheek 'cuse y'all know I love music! And I shouldn't even get a vote because I claimed a dad for the last challenge and never got on a computer to change my siggy. Doh!

@Aviola329 You seem to take siggy challenges very seriously. The world won't end if you decide a topic isn't for you and you don't post.

Eta: But baby, you gotta sell that stuff! Come in like, "Hey guys! This is gonna be the most funnest idea evar!" Then if people really aren't digging it after awhile reassess if you want.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • I haven't participated since favourite tv Mom.... I might try something for July. I might copy what Vinny did and make Penny into a meme. :)
    YCSWU
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks BiRL! At least I didn't make a poll this time like I did in November, right? Making progress! :D That one actually turned out to be pretty successful, so I guess I was just thinking this one would be too. Thought wrong. Oh well.

At least y'all know not to vote for me anymore so that I can't pick the theme! ;)

Still waiting to see what @Twirple @Tasha575 @MadBloom‌ and @3crazykitties‌ come up with! :)

• Hahaha, so cute!! :) That song always reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

• smushismushi member
    Testing my new siggy... first time participating lol
  • I totally liked sex songs...Franky Goes To Hollywood Relax would have been my winner. Now off to find x-mas s***
  • @smushi‌ I can't get on my computer right now, but I'll check it out once I can! :)

@RedDawnsRevenge‌ Sorry you're disappointed. Like others have said, you don't have to participate if you don't like the theme. Maybe if Vinny wins she'll pick the sex songs as August's theme. And it doesn't have to involve Christmas DECORATIONS, it can be something unconventionally Christmas. Use your imagination.

Geez Louise! :-w

• I asked DH to help me decorate cookies for Santa....
  • I asked DH to help me decorate cookies for Santa....

Ohhh Lorrrd. Do I even want to know what all the white icing is for on the lady snowman? =))

• The worst part @SLSchuerg‌? My daughter ate the cookies. @-)
  • The worst part @SLSchuerg‌? My daughter ate the cookies. @-)

As long as she was blissfully unaware, it's all good. O:-)

• @Tasha575 I loooove it!! So cute! :)

@smushi Yours is hilarious and maybe a little creepy. lol 

• smushismushi member
    @slschuerg Giant Brad Pitt baby head is sort of startlingly creepy to me too... especially since it's the first time I've changed my siggy since I got pregnant lol
  • smushismushi member
    So are we doing this thing or what?  
  • Yep... So far only like 3 people are participating I think? @Vinny424‌ Which pic are you using for the challenge? @Twirple‌ Did you ever think of anything?

• eireyeseireyes member
    edited July 2014
    Got our pics for the siggy challenge this weekend! Aiden's first Bronner's visit!

Edit: No, I did not go just to get the photos for the siggy - we realized it was on the way to my parents' house in northern MI, so we had to stop to get the ornament in the middle.  The rest was just icing on the cake!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Got our pics for the siggy challenge this weekend! Aiden's first Bronner's visit!

Edit: No, I did not go just to get the photos for the siggy - we realized it was on the way to my parents' house in northern MI, so we had to stop to get the ornament in the middle.  The rest was just icing on the cake!
    But I can pretend, right? 8->

• Vinny424 said:
    My first one "merry Christmas bitches" I need to get to a computer!
    I think you're one of the few A14ers that can get away with having absolutely nothing in your siggy but being completely recognizable and popular.

• Is it sad I still have no idea what a siggy is, or where it is? And I've been here from the beginning.
  • @RedDawnsRevenge‌ Only a little. ;) Do you bump on mobile or computer? If you can get on through a computer it's pretty easy. You just go to the little head icon in the top right corner, go to account settings or whatever, and then underneath your picture click edit signature.

• @edoliesmom‌ I don't have a computer, DD1 stepped on it. It go bye bye. I have iPhone and iPad only.
  • @edoliesmom‌ I don't have a computer, DD1 stepped on it. It go bye bye. I have iPhone and iPad only.

Oh no! Well, maybe you could access the "desktop" site from your iPad. But I mean, it's not a huge deal to have a siggy, so it's whatever you feel like doing. lol

• @PoppySeedWindsor The idea is to incorporate your baby somehow, but you don't necessarily have to. Smushi did a Brad Pitt baby, and it's hilariously creepy. :P I threw out some ideas on page 1. A few people have gone with making their baby into a meme with a funny Christmas phrase. Others have dressed their babies in Christmas clothes. Tasha575 had a super cute idea that her pup helped out with! The sky's the limit.

• I want to play!! Trying to figure out this siggy business...

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• @Katy0525 Let me know if you need any help figuring out how to get your siggy up!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"