April 2014 Moms
Options

Chocking on mucous?

Dd has done this a few times now and it scares me to death! She will look like she's chocking on something, open her mouth, and stop breathing, than finally as I sit her upright and pat her back she coughs and starts breathing again. It seems like mucous, and twice she has spit a little up as her throat clears.

The worst was tonight after she had gone to bed. She did it multiple times, and it took longer to clear. Now I'm a paranoid mess watching the monitor and praying she's breathing ok. I keep checking.

Anyone else get this or know what it is? I will ask the doctor, but it's 3am and I'm staring at dd sleeping and can't stop worrying
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Chocking on mucous?

• Options
    No experience. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how scary that is. Agree with pp- keep aspirator handy
  • Options
    Thanks all. She woke up this morning with an obvious cold, so while I'm sad she's sick I'm glad to know the cause. Hopefully my little girl feels better soon

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here, she's had a cold for a couple days. Usually she'll gag on the mucous and then she's fine but yesterday the gagging happened right after she ate and so she projectile vomited. So that was fun!
  • Options
    All. the. bloody. time.
    At least thats how it seems. Scares the crap out of me too. He doesnt have a cold though. Just gags on his own spit or milk.
    I assumed it was normal. Not correct?
  • Options
    sakm said:
    All. the. bloody. time.
    At least thats how it seems. Scares the crap out of me too. He doesnt have a cold though. Just gags on his own spit or milk.
    I assumed it was normal. Not correct?
    my dd does this too. Especially when shes tired, and falling asleep while nursing.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"