TTC After a Loss

Clearblue Customer Service is AMAZING!!!

Sorry if this is long-winded...
This will be my fourth month TTC using the Clearblue Fertility Monitor. Where I live the test strips for the monitor are hard to come across. You can buy them in-store at CVS for $63 (30 tests strips) & from Target (on-line only. Stores don't carry them) for $40. Big price difference obviously. I qualified for free shipping from Target but paid the $6 rush shipping just to ensure that I had them in time. I would have had the strips in time if UPS didn't lose the package. Yes it went MIA for two days & sure enough the monitor requested a test strip this morning. I read in the instructions that if you don't supply a test when the monitor requests it it's likely that it won't request another test the following day, meaning you could be shit out of luck for that month. I peed in a cup & left it on my bathroom vanity, went to my dentist appointment & then high-tailed it to CVS to buy some strips hoping that I'd make it home in time before the 3-hr-time limit. No such luck. The monitor no longer asked for a test. I called the ClearBlue hotline praying they could tell me how to reset it & the woman was a saint. She said "The monitor will request a test again tomorrow but not after that. If I were you I'd make a stink to UPS because they should reimburse you for the inconvenience." I told her that I called UPS several times & even went to the local facility the night before & that Target would pay me back for the expedited shipping. Her words "THE LAST THING A WOMAN WHO'S TRYING TO CONCEIVE NEEDS IS TO HE STRESSED OUT. IM GOING TO SEND YOU A FREE PACK OF TEST STRIPS. I'VE HAD 4 LOSSES PERSONALLY & I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO HAVE A BABY. PLEASE DON'T WORRY. MY NAME IS KATHLEEN & MY EXT# IS ... PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CALL ME IF YOU EVER HAVE A PROBLEM & WHEN YOU GET PREGNANT I'D LOVE TO KNOW THAT EVEN MORE! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU."
I was floored! Forget the generosity of the free product for something that wasn't their fault by any means. Just the kind words of a woman that's been through losses wishing me luck made me legit cry. We really are a sisterhood!!!!

Re: Clearblue Customer Service is AMAZING!!!

• Wow.  Always sucks to have so many people in the same boat, but it really is a sisterhood, an alliance, a safe common ground for women when you can understand what each other are going through.  Glad you had such a good experience in the end.
    Siggy Warning BFP/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 30, DH 30 Started TTC 7/2009
    9/2010 SA=Normal 9/10 HSG Dx Both tubes dilated; Rx bilateral salpingectomy & IVF; 9/2010-12/2012 Financial break
    1/2013 Bilateral Salpingectomy 5/2013 Recent SA shows borderline morphology
    5/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #1 6/25/13 ER=11R 9M 9F  6/28/13 3dt of 2 embies (8B & 6A-); no frosties: BFN
    10/2013 IVF w/ ICSI #2 11/12/13 ER= 9R 6M 6F  11/15/13 3dt of 2 embies (8A & 8A) 3 frosties (2 day-5, 1 day-6)
    11/22/13 (7dp3dt) +hpt  11/26/13 (11dp3dt) BFP Beta=141 11/28/13 Beta 2= 372 EDD 8/5/2014
    3/20/14 Fetal Demise 20 wks F/L 17 wks D&E attempted 3/21/14 & 3/22/14 Born Still 3/23/14  I love you B.T.
    "Sometimes you try your hardestbut things don't work out the way you want them to." –Nani (Lilo & Stitch)
    “All I can say is, it's a sort of kinship, as though there is a family tree of grief. On this branch, the lost children, on this the suicided parents, here the beloved mentally ill siblings. When something terrible happens, you discover all of the sudden that you have a new set of relatives, people with whom you can speak in the shorthand of cousins.” ― Elizabeth McCracken
    imageimageimage
    8/2014 FET 8/7/14 Transferred 1 5-day blast (4AA): BFN
    TTCAL September Siggy Challenge:  Animals in Clothing

Will add soon

**All AL/AIF Welcome**
  • My shipment arrived from Target finally this afternoon & I returned the strips to CVS. I purchased them using a 25% off coupon. I figured upon the return I'd either lose the coupon, as I technically already used it, or best case scenario they'd re-apply the coupon to my card for a future purchase. Nope. Instead the cashier issued the difference of about $17 to a CVS gift card! Which is insane. I made out on the deal. The cashier must have made an error to issue me $ back when I got a full refund for my purchase. Either way I'll take it.
  • Loading the player...
  • w o w! that customer service agent was amazing! im gad they did that for you and that you were able to get all the money back from cvs!

Anniversary

• It's nice to hear things like this happen every once in a while :)

DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • rslh10rslh10 member
    edited June 2014
    Gave me goosebumps :) glad things worked out in your favor!

Eta- mobile typo
  • This is so nice to hear that things are working out :) I hope this is a sign of good things for you.
  • I could care less about the free test strips. Her demeanor & caring, encouraging words came as a huge surprise & it brought me to tears. She lives in the same state as me & when I dialed I was pretty sure I would be connected to a call center in who knows where. High-fives to Clearblue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"