July 2014 Moms

My Grandma is the most wonderful woman in the world!!!!!

Today has been the best day of my entire pregnancy.  I received a parcel from my grandmother.  Inside the parcel was a handmade quilt for my daughter and inside the quilt was nestled an envelope.  Inside the envelope was a letter to me, my husband, and my daughter expressing her joy at being made a great grandma again and she wanted to help us.  She sent enough money to cover the next three months of bills and she didn't have too.  But more than that, she gave me a peace of mind and a quilt.  The quilt means more to me than the money.

On top of that, I signed an offer letter for a position to start right after my maternity.  Thank you all for kicking my ass about whining.  I have been down so long, that I knew nothing more to do.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Grandma is the most wonderful woman in the world!!!!!

• Awww what wonderful blessings! :)

• What an awesome blessing! And… you're welcome :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Wonderful! It's great to hear you have some positive news! And handmade quilts are the absolute best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Aww that is absolutely amazing!
  • beff12beff12 member
    How sweet of your grandma! I hope things keep looking up for you. :)

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• I'm glad things are turning around. What a thoughtful and lucky gift.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Happy to see good news. :)
  • I'm glad to see good news!
    hi

• HoshikitsuneHoshikitsune member
    edited June 2014
    @ichabody This was completely out of the blue for my grandma.  Yes, I do call her every week to make sure she is doing well as she no longer has my grandpa on this earth (he passed about 14 months ago), but I always keep the conversation to how she is doing, family news, and give her a quick update on the pregnancy.  I don't know who told her about our money problems or if anyone did, it is enough to cover our bills.  She didn't state that is necessarily what the money was for or what it should be used for.  So it was very nice to get the quilt and a surprise to get the money.  I will have a job 6 weeks after birth, so I will not need any more donations and I am quite happy about that, nor will I need to worry about money as much and will be able to enjoy my daughter.

@zarkella I am only taking 6 weeks maternity.  That is what I agreed to in the offer letter which does have a clause of if it is a c-section I will get 8 weeks instead.  However, I no longer have to worry, so I can now happily take a nap in the middle of the day :D
  • Was it you that was only gonna take a few days? Maybe I am thinking of someone else. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I was only going to take a few days.  I thought you meant in relation to what normal maternity leave is...I do apologize for the confusion on my part.
  • That's wonderful; glad she was able to bless you and your family in that way.
  • The new job is Executive Administrative Assistant for a construction company in my area...ok about a 40 minute drive and maybe an hour with traffic...but it makes me so happy. :D
  • abundancenowabundancenow member
    edited June 2014

Congratulations on the new job and on having a generous family member to help. Keep a positive attitude and look for more positives, I find it contagious when a windfalls happens, usually more good news follows.

Glad you don't have to work within days of delivery. I delivered on Tuesday and theres no way I'd be up for working if I had to. Your body deserves a break, besides theres no sleep caring for a newborn.

• ichabody said:

Ummmmm, so this makes me barf a little, not because of you and/or your situation, but because my crackhead stepsister pulls similar poor me shit and then glorifies the shit out of whoever comes and white knights her through something. Then she's wildly fast to turn her back when the donations cease.

I'm glad about your gift from your grandmother, but please, don't be THAT girl.

This. All this.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"